How much damage you think an actual monk would do in UFC?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Gorilla Nasty, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

uh, i never said bruce lee didn't know anything about grappling, i said he would've lost to a modern-day mma fighter due to the grappling/wrestling aspect.

as i remember it, he was controlled pretty handily by a wrestler when they were fooling around. the fighters today have advanced that skill so much it wouldn't be much different.

and i didn't say gracie invented grappling either, his was just an adapted form that most martial artists weren't used to, and was thus very effective against most other forms where they focus on kicking or punching moreso than any other aspect.
    test
  2. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

my brother and i have talked about this question for years. because military dudes are trained for real life or death situations and mma fighters are trained for "they have to give up or get knocked out" situations - so you're correct about that. military i think would definitely win in life or death situations.

have you seen the series where the UFC fighers go to the MCMAP and get their asses whooped each time? it's hilarious.

my MMA trainer is actually a black-belt MCMAP trainer, so it's interesting getting this training as opposed to what you would learn at say, the lion's den or something.
    test
  3. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

what series? id watch that
    test
  4. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

I saw some thing where a MMA dude went to train krav maga with some special forces and they train by having multiple attackers an shit it looked hard as fuck not to mention all the weapons an that.....

who's your money on Jayoo??? the military man or the MMA dude?? we talking no holds barred, coz in the octagon the MMA dudes has the clear advantage init

PEACE
    test
  5. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

what a heaping-steamy pile of bullshit...
    test
  6. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

you're right, it was to gene lebell.
    test
  7. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

what are you talking about?

Special forces? you mean-the guys who carry guns and use automatic weapons?

Wars are won by hand-to-hand combat?

A Shaolin Monk would kill ANY military trained fighter

where do you think the "techniques" come from?

Do you know the power that internal & external chi-kung gives a practitioner?

Shaolin monks of today are the exzact same practioners of the past-just b/c they aren't defending there temples with forces dosen't mean they can't...

are u serious?

lets see your MMA fighters or "special forces fighter" throw a needle through solid glass....

you guys...

this thread....
    test
  8. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

u lost me...
    test
  9. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

[youtube]ZhxDQgbuZ3o[/youtube]
    [youtube]Pj9wpZaTtyM[/youtube]
    [youtube]7nzDJurzNXI[/youtube]
    test
  10. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

bruce lee lost to judo gene lebell. then trained with him.
    test
  11. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

that looks cool-but those are just "strikes"....

not only do Shaolin monks train there ENTIRE bodies to be resistant, they also train for extreme flexibility, balance and power

A Shaolin monk can move there entire bodies with speed, power and super human balance....

In Hung-Gar, they spend extended periods doing "stance work" to channel energy to various part of the body.

I dabbled in hung-gar for a couple motnhs a few years back. I was made to do stance work and it was EXTREMELY painful just to hold most positions for a couple minutes-the legs will vibrate/shake & burn as if you are lifting weights & you WILL sweat profusely....

it was very painful

This is external qi-gong, it stregnthens the body well beyond normal human limits if practiced routinely...

Shaolin Monks do this daily, and many do it from an early age and continue on well into there later years; I can vaguely fanthom how powerful many of these practitoners are, just by being exposed to my limited training. but I know for certain that this type of training is beyond the discipline of 99% of sport fighters out there....
    test
  12. SiFu

I love Shoalin kung fu as much as the next person but you live in a dillusional fantasy world....since when does parlour tricks constitute real fighting??? so them dudes that can break 500bricks an shit in them tournys must be able to smash any skull their fists hit right??? Surely they are unbeatable coz they can shatter any bone instantly right??? fuck outta here....

Theres a difference between meditating for 20minutes building up your chi to perform some circus trick and dynamically fighting.....

If you wanna see what real fighting is all about then read the book of five rings by Musashi....like I said the monks of old was the military forces of today...monks had weapons to....bows and arrows and spears and other weapons.....you think they went to war with the government with only they hands and feet???? your fucking crazy lol

Be real about it....I aint doubt the internal arts at all but its not what it was thats just facts!!!!

And the military doesnt get its moves from Shoalin....so your wrong about that....

PEACE
    test
  13. SiFu

By your standards gymnasts should be real tuff people coz they are extremly flexable and extremly strong and they train everyday on it lol gtfo.....

It aint the monk its the old man in the Philippines trained in knife fighting and has actually used it I'd be more worried of....

PEACE
    test
  14. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

unlike most people-I don't see Bruce Lee as "the greatest martial artist of all time..."

there are various masters of various arts who were not as famous but are renowned evern more so in the martial arts world....

Toshitsugu Takamatsu was horrified when he saw applications of Judo, simply b/c they bent there backs....

in Budo, and many other combat oriented disciplines, the is a heavy emphasis on keeping the back/spine straight and erect to provide proper body alignment...which creates REAL power as opposed to "arm punching" you see in most sport fighters....
    test
  15. SiFu

Namor probably thinks in the old days a single monk could take on 30 dudes with spears an shit like in the movies lol

I heard Wong Fei Hung (not a monk btw) beat up like 15 people with a staff which is believable....but one dude fighting people with axes and shit like in the movies.....nah lol

PEACE
    test
  16. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

yeah-cept those are not MY standards-those are yours

do Gymnast practice combat techniques?

WTF are you on?

piss poor analogy right there...

where talking about Martial artistry....most on here don't know the difference between training for sport and training for combat....
    test
  17. SiFu

and monks train for neither lol they train for meditation and health....so!?!?!?!

PEACE
    test
  18. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

dude-cleary you have reached the extent of your knowledge on this debate....you can go ahead and bow out now....

cus now you're trying to "Impose your thoughts" and say they are my own...

if you don't know...then say so and stop pretending...."Sifu"
    test
  19. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

coming from a guy named "Sifu":funny:

You are contradicting yourself and don't even know it....

I know what a "Sifu" is....

I had one in Hung-Gar....
    test
  20. SiFu

bruv you've said nothing of any consquence....first you said monks train all day to make their bodies tuff and so thats why they would beat everyone up then you said its coz they meditate AND train everyday thats why they would beat everybody up.....

if thats not what you saying speak clearly....make a fucking point lol

What exactly are you saying???

Shoalin Monks are the tuffest people??? Shoalin Monks train harder?? Their kung fu is superior to MMA??? what are you saying???

I know a lot about this....I've trained I've studied I aint pick 'sifu' for nothing lol I dont know it all tho so if you educate me then I'll be thankful.....

A monk doesnt train to fight, he trains to meditate and for his physical health (in the old days was different, like 200yrs ago, they were more like special forces protecting the area an they temple).....so my point is although they need respect and their arts is 'higher' in certain regards in real life fighting they would get beaten the fuck up by an experienced MMA dude.....

PEACE
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.