How much damage you think an actual monk would do in UFC?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Gorilla Nasty, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

LMAO, I never liked Fedor so no.

So now you're suggesting a monk is afraid of the UFC? :bwahaha:

My bad though, where have you seen monks?

I'm talking anywhere let alone just MMA?

You make it like them dudes ain't completely devoted and immersed in what they do or something?

LMAO, who works like a monk does?

I bet 99% of them don't even know MMA exists.
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

do you know monks?
    test
  3. Gorilla Nasty

I know about them. They work like 14 hour days.
    test
  4. jayoo

have you seen a monk in a real life situations against another trained fighter?

in person, in competition

?

and not sparring/training or demonstrating
    test
  5. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

lol @ the replies in this thread

Monks work to eliminate the ego

you know-that thing that tells you to go out and proove yourself....

they also work from a "no mind" philosophy(mushin)

please don't pretend to understand the depths of there training if you have not even scratched the surface in these internal arts...

there have been verified accounts of these types of practitioners being able to kill a bull with there bare hands....

in Japan, during the late 1800's & early 1900's it was custom to challenge martial artist from other ryu's to test the merrits of there schools...sometimes there were fights to the death....

you mma enthusiast should do some research on "combatic martial arts" and internal martial arts before you start talking what you don't know...
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

man somebody find that fucking video where the shaolin monks joined that Karate tournament and got the living shit beat out of them..lmaoo

shit was hilarious
    test
  7. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

mma was developed as a way to combat any form of martial arts imo. bruce lee was the first one to promote the combination of various forms of martial arts, and he would've whooped ass had he gone against most people in the early stages of UFC or other promotions where they just pitted style against style.

it wasn't really fair though because gracie grappling was dominating everything, so people started adjusting their styles and incorporating others so they could match or defeat gracie. now it's an ever-adapting style that never stops improving. bruce lee would've lost to an mma fighter now due to the grappling/wrestling aspect, and i don't think a monk would be any different.

taking abuse and doing a lot of fast punches and kicks are great and they could win a standup against a lot of people, but put them against an mma fighter that can take shots, and wrestles/grapples, and they'll get put on their back and choked out or have a limb broken. bones can take hits, but they can't take bends.
    test
  8. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

sounds like bullshit to me-please find the vid...

sure they weren't "claiming" monk status?

lots of fakes and pretenders in the martial arts world....
    test
  9. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

Bruce Lee had a solid base in wing-chun. All other fighting techniques he adopted and incorporated to his art were just "fine tunning" what was already there....

Many MMA guys don't have a solid base in an unbroken martial lineage...most "sport martial arts" are just incomplete systems that have been watered down over the years...
    test
  10. jayoo

show me the verified account
    test
  11. jayoo

namor seems to be the "monk" expert, so why dont you show us some proof instead of all these words that hold no weight?

your the ones trying to prove the monk are so special, not us, so prove it

i dont wanna hear "you'll never see them, they stay secluded" bullshit either, if theres books about them then people must have witnessed these things right? i want proof
    test
  12. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

A vid I found.
    [youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0CIy9ZZEQE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0CIy9ZZEQE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    Kung Fu guy's timing is fucking impeccable.
    test
  13. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

He'sprobably talking about Oyama Masutatsu....dude was tuff as nails I aint a big fan of Kyokushin Karate tournaments tho coz your not allowed to hit to the head so when you watch it they got no defense they just smash the shit out of each others mid sections....the rules in it are even more limiting than UFC and other MMA leagues.....

[youtube]pYeT43N_Bfo[/youtube]

If we get really technical about it and are talking a fight to the death....who would your money be on in an impromptu bar fight (fair fight meaning no-one jumps in and gives them room to brawl)....between an experienced MMA fighter and a fully trained military person (special forces with deep krava maga or equivalent training and real life experience)??????

I'd take the military dude....he'd be in and out with the kill move quicker while the MMA dude would be stuck on a take down or setup style combo.....those types of dudes to me are the closest we have these days for real life martial arts and its obviously adapted to include modern day weapons, instead of a spear they use a machine gun and they have other weapons as they did back in the days.....but they also learned hand to hand combat and they aint fucking around, its kill moves as quick as possible no almost brake the arm or set up for a knockout, fuck a knockout its death!!! some moves is too dangerous for competition so they ban them so fighters never have to worry about it......aint no clinch if a dudes stabbing your eye balls, they stop fights when someone gets poked in the eye lol anyone can stab ya eye out if they quick enough and thats their focus......

Lets just enjoy it as a sport and for what it is

PEACE
    test
  14. SiFu

also...Bruce knew all about grappling wtf dude talking about??? lol The Gracies didnt invent grappling or wrestling lol They had their own style and its a dope one for sure....

You never saw Bruce try to choke out Kareem he even got the arm in if I remember rightly lol and against Ji Han Jae he does some pretty impressive moves....he knew all about it bruv

PEACE
    test
  15. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

^thats exzactly who I was talking about

[youtube]YRSzBzgVEUA&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]7qHL2PSpecI[/youtube]
    test
  16. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Those Shaolin videos are hilarious.

Essentially, hanging yourself is useful for when "your enemy gets your neck in an armlock."

Also, if you want to see super speed, check this dude out.

[youtube]iBTM6_l-Gdk[/youtube]
    test
  17. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

test
  18. Gorilla Nasty

[youtube]J6Z-ekyyK8o[/youtube]
    test
  19. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

that kid in the end was very impressive

fuckin nine year old warrior monk-damn

imagine him @ 25 or 30....
    test
  20. SiFu

Lets be real tho....the Temple has been burned down a lot of times and most recently most of the msters were killed or fled into hiding, at the same time the country went communist and the practice of kung fu outlawed, books were burned etc they brought it back as wushu....

Now the monks of today rent like the monks of old....the monks of old were made up by a lot of soldiers who fled there for refugee, these were people who killed using spears and other ancient weapons.....the monks had to fight off different warlords and bandits and were actively involved in the protection of their temple, that dont happen today, none of the monks have actual fighting experience, which cant be said for past generations......

Basically kung fu aint what it used to be.....and like I say, special forces today would be considered the top of the top back then it was monks namean

PEACE
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.