How much damage you think an actual monk would do in UFC?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Gorilla Nasty, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

The ones that are on shit like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

hahahaha...mindpower, my friend.

the very idea of a sanctioned fight for money and fame/pride is against everyone of their principles,

but the shaolin monk would win.
    test
  3. .Invictus.

.Invictus. M3L

lol a monk would not win. In these pictures, they are calm and within their respective element. In a fight, with adrenaline going, they wont have this kind of influence over their bodies. A well experienced MMA fighter will beat any monk.
    test
  4. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

You're assuming that they couldn't stay calm in a fight, though. They train for that kind of thing. Look at Fedor, and to a lesser extent, Mousasi. Unflappable calm at all times. It can be done.

That said, I doubt that their styles are tested against the kind of offence that MMA offers, and they'd have vulnerabilities that would be easy to exploit.

For example:

I train a fairly rare style of Kung Fu. It mandates keeping your chin up when you fight. In MMA you'd get KTFO that way, but the style was created for hand to hand combat in wars - Where if you tuck your chin someone can just chop the back of your neck with their hand, severing your spine and killing you instantly. So it's perfectly practical for the environment it was created for, but against MMA fighters it could fall apart.
    test
  5. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

Realistically.. no chance
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

some of the wow shit monks do is just simple Carleton shit.

so not much.
    test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

You know monks actually spar full contact too.

In regards to keeping calm.
    test
  8. .Invictus.

.Invictus. M3L

Yep i guess youre right. In regards to keeping calm. Im sure they control that aspect of their mentality better than we do. But, pain and fatigue will override them eventually.
    test
  9. Gorilla Nasty

Obviously they're human but as you can see their pain tolerance is much higher than pretty much anybody else.

I mean how many UFC fighters do you think can do this?

[youtube]xFsVr3U68m0[/youtube]
    test
  10. jayoo

when they show footage of one of these guys in a real fight with somebody other then an average person and winning, ill believe they have a realistic chance

taking pain doesnt mean anything, leben can take a lot of punches but that didnt do a damn thing for him against silva but make a longer highlight reel
    test
  11. .Invictus.

.Invictus. M3L

test
  12. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

a monk would kill ANY ufc/mma fighter....

kung fu disciples who are not monks that practice shaolin hung-gar that would shred any ufc fighter...

the basic conditioning of external qi gong puts them in a league beyond any sport fighter...

they are in a totally different class when it comes to generating and delivering power
    test
  13. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

how much damage can a monk do in the ufc?

depends how quick he drops the monk shit and starts punching people in the face.
    test
  14. Gorilla Nasty

Taking pain is one thing, being able to break wood, concrete and metal with your body is another.

If I swing a bat at Leben's leg which do you think would give first the bat or his leg?

These guys train their bodies to be hard enough to break these objects.

On youtube a monk said they train 4 hours a day hitting their bodies to toughen up everything.

That's on top of all their combat training they do every single day.
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

[youtube]a4JiNrU7jEk[/youtube]

man i wish i could find the video where the chinese kung fu monks were getting the shit beat out of them in a karate tournament..lmaoo
    test
  16. jayoo

you dont think since the ufc been out, not ONE person would take his training and fight with it? fuck all this "but they dont believe in that".. everyone has their own mind, you cant tell me 1 guy doesnt think to himself about testing all this experience in a real fight against another trained fighter of another martial art??

i think since fedor lost people need another "unbeatable" character to rally behind, so its gonna be the monks? fair enough
    test
  17. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

they need a few minutes of silence just to prepare for shit like that

nobody is going to wait for some fool to gather his chi because hes going to get punched in the face
    test
  18. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

pretty much.

monks are pretty much glorified con artists.
    test
  19. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

I said it in the other thread but everyone ignoring my point lol

You cant compare coz one has rules the other doesnt....its like comparing a boxer to a kickboxer...of course a boxer will win in a boxing match the rules take away half of the other persons 'weapons'......

Also you have to remember that Martial Arts is no longer like it used to be....its now Wushu, which is glorified gymnastics....a wushu man like Jet Li would get his ass wooped by even a semi decent fighter....its for show not for real fighting....

The real fighting styles were banned when China went communist and it went underground.....

Its like we forget that back in the days the Chinese would fight to the death!!! I mean they put their techniques to the ultimate test and devised their techniques based on rule-less fighting....again the UFC has so many rules it isnt fair to most traditional martial arts

I wish the UFC had more martial arts rather than beefcake meat heads with wrestling skills....but thats the way they made the rules (remember Gracie wanted to showcase his martial arts, thats were UFC came from)

PEACE
    test
  20. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Zero skill on display by the Kung Fu students there.

Also, people assume that Kung Fu is a style in itself. Kung Fu just means "Chinese Martial Arts".
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.