How many of you truly think Sonnen wins the fight with Silva?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Kid Blackie, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

In the first round, right? I think that was deliberate. Silva got caught by surprise, tagged and taken off balance so he felt the need to show that Chael's punches couldn't hurt him. He was just standing there while Rogan screamed about him getting rocked.
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

whats funny to me is as bad as sonnen is at sub defense, he did the right move to get out it just didnt fall together for em, silva got ahold of that arm, but i dont see many triangles escaped that way? im not a bjj student so i only know what i see so often, and i never see that escape, but the gracies showed how it works. why doesnt fedor ever attempt that escape? he just tries to throw the legs aside an when that doesnt work.. he taps.. lol then again he trains strictly in his own camp, sambo, etc probably not a lot of bjj influence
    test
  3. Tha Cunnysmythe

^The Gracies broke that down too - There was a tactical game being played with threatening the triangle, then the armbar, pushing Fedor in the direction Werdum wanted. There was a lot more to it than I would ever have thought.

Ryron and Rener are brilliant for this. I've always been fascinated by BJJ and they make it more compelling.
    test
  4. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

Its great..I cant wait to get back into it...I prolly have to start over from the beginning buts its all good...I was close to my blue belt before I couldnt afford the classes anymore

greatest feeling I got was when I was rolling with this vice cop my secod week and I rear naked choked his ass!
    test
  5. jayoo

i watched that too, forgot about that part, was funny when they kept saying "he brought his arm to the party", but yeah when they show it it's a lot more involved then you would think
    test
  6. Tha Cunnysmythe

Choking out a cop with no consequences must be the best feeling ever.
    test
  7. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard Ballah

Silva got MURDERED and couldnt do anything about it. Sonnen did exactly what he said he was going to do and put pressure on Silva. Yeah Silva can counter punch and knock your ass out but Sonnen showed with the correct head movement while standing and sticking to the game plan that Silva can be beaten down like a little bitch.

Just to throw this shit out there... According to CompuStrike, in his first 11 fights, Silva was hit 208 times. Yet Sonnen single-handedly hit him a total of 289 times.

I hope Dana does the rematch if Silva doesnt lose to Belfort, Sonnen deserves it.
    test
  8. jayoo

^exactly, sonnen said it best, the one thing you see in all silva fights is a lengthy feeling out period at the start.. (ALMOST always) so he did the right thing, rushed out right in his face an started swinging, threw silva out of his element, at this point in his career he was almost given that feel out period because nobody wanted to get close to em
    test
  9. The Nonpareil

The Nonpareil What about me?

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.