How many of you truly think Sonnen wins the fight with Silva?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Kid Blackie, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murda bay

murda bay New Member

i didnt think he was gonna beat rampage...but now thinkin abput it...it was easy to c y he did...rampage does not move his legs when he swings...he throws usin his hips..

and i had forrest over shogun cuz about 9/10 of pride fighters lose theyre first in the octagon when they r strikers...cuz alot of em cornered their opponents in pride...no corners in the octagon
    test
  2. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

What screen name did you use before this one?
    test
  3. murda bay

murda bay New Member

i didnt this is my first one...i just made one for the battle thread...but i fuck wit mma and sports and shit
    test
  4. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

silva got taken down multiple times, and even MOUNTED by a dehydrated overweight travis lutter

silva got taken down once or twice by henderson, then looked clueless off his back and just layed there doing nothing for the rest of the round

sonnen is far better than any grappler silva has faced

expect silva to get taken down at will, along with some nasty ground and pound

lol why everyone hyping up anderson like he got some monster takedown defense? cause he avoided guys like maia and leites who have shitty takedowns and just try pulling guard?
    test
  5. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

i actually think hes the number 1 most overrated

still dont understand how anyone can call him the best p4p. aside from marquardt and hendo, hes fought nothing but bums, TUF losers, the light heavyweight divisions sloppy seconds, glass jaw queens, and guys who are way too one dimensional

take a look at all his ufc wins

Demian Maia - LOL no.
    Forrest Griffin - Glass jaw queen. Overrated. Can't beat anyone in their prime.
    Thales Leites - LOL no.
    Patrick Côté - LOL no.
    James Irvin - Bum
    Dan Henderson - Credible.
    Rich Franklin - Mediocre. Overrated.Hasn't accomplished squat since losing the title.
    Nate Marquardt - Credible.
    Travis Lutter - Bum.
    Chris Leben - Mediocre. Sloppy and undisciplined at the time.

really? this guy is the best p4p but Fedor isnt? i can understand people saying GSP, hes a monster of an athlete and has beat some great guys, but Silva? no way in hell.
    test
  6. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

but thats the thing. most of the WW's GSP has fought also have a string of notable wins and still hold their own getting back to another title shit

on the other hand, silva's opponents arent shit at all, mostly because that division is mad weak
    test
  7. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

brock aint get a shot coming off a loss, but he did get a shot after a win over an out of prime and unranked heath herring

and murda saying wand should get a title shot isnt really dumb at all, it wont be surprising if he got one since vitor is getting one despite never having a single fight at middleweight in the UFC.

the one who should be next in line is okami
    test
  8. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

[​IMG]

this fight is gonna be pure lulz

watched the weigh ins live and didnt even notice matt lindland there til that pic lol
    test
  9. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

you're so ignorant im not really sure why im responding but lets try..

dana white/joe silva determines who fights who, fighters dont talk and say "lets fight" then its suddenly signed on the next ufc.. you know that right? gsp was asked by media about the fight, his answer doesnt mean anything is happening.. it just means he answered an interview question lol..

anderson went up because his options for the company at the time were 185 and 205, he chose to go to 205. dana white has long said he isnt ready for silva/gsp he wants to build towards it, at the maia fight he considered it a fight in the near future.. then silva had that performance and dana white did a 180 and said he isn't interested in a gsp/silva fight after that night..

you have a problem, then talk to dana white/joe silva, stop being ignorant about it an blaming somebody whos nothing but another fighter on a roster.

and lol @ he can lose "cardio an muscle" to fight nobodies.. first off irvin wasnt a nobody and forrest still isn't a nobody.. plus you dont "lose muscle" going up in weight, what do you think they put on fat? haha come on man, your more ignorant as the post goes on..

brock didnt get a title shot off a loss?? what ufc do you watch?

and wanderlei isn't even near contention at 185, has he even fought at 185 yet aside from his catchweight fight with franklin at 195?? and you want him vs silva? lol your a fuckin joke, understand how the ladder works man.. vitor has fought at 185 though delinquent.. right? thats why, vitor was brought in for that exact reason, to challenge silva. wanderlei wasnt told to go to 185 to challenge silva, he chose to go to 185.
    test
  10. jayoo

whats funny to me tho is people on here weren't nearly as critical as some of these fighters before they lost to silva.. i remember people thinkin forrest had a chance, maia gettin praise on here, now suddenly hes "LOL no".. just kinda makes me laugh.. im sure there's more.. if chael loses decisively wait about a month or 2.. during silva's next fight chael will be in the LOL no category, guaranteed.
    test
  11. The Nonpareil

The Nonpareil What about me?

Sonnen is a greco roman wrestler.

Maia is gassed for having underrated wrestling because of that, when in truth, Chael is inconsistent as fuck.
    test
  12. The Nonpareil

Two can play that game, Delinquent.

Josh Koscheck - the guy that got ko'd by a grappler? Guy got a title shot after beating a guy whos only offensive maneuver is the left hook.

Dan Hardy - lol no

Thiago Alves - suspect chin. subbed by lw

bj penn - lw

fitch - legit. Fucking boring, but legit.

serra - what has he done since? got hughes back in the win column and joined the long line of people that have beaten frank trigg.

see?

and I think GSP is the best MMA fighter in the world because he's good in everything, especially wrestling which is what truly matters. but don't judge fighters like that. Only guy you can really say shouldn't have been fighting Anderson is Lutter, but they only fought because he was the TUF winner and that was the prize.

In reality:

Maia - Really, really good at Anderson's weakness. A human submission of the night.
    Forrest - Former fucking champion. Beat Rampage and Shogun back to back by using his opponents weaknesses against them. Who the fuck knew that he would go in and box?
    Thales Leites - See Maia, but add a win over Marquardt.
    Cote - second weakest opponent, but was on a five fight win streak.
    Irvin - a pussy, but at the time was considered a pussy with incredible power. 8 second ko.
    hendo - no explanation.
    franklin - shouldn't need an explanation. Has never lost to a guy that wasn't at some point viewed as invincible.
    marquardt - overrated, but durable.
    leben - had never lost in the ufc. This wasn't booked as the great anderson silva vs chris leben, this was chris leben vs some brazilian that we hear is supposed to be pretty good.
    test
  13. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

i honestly dont care about GSP. but imo his opponents have been better and are still top competitor, aside from hughes and serra. ive never really boasted a serra win from gsp before, never cared for serra, hes also overrated

the 'LOL no's were cause those wins werent credible, not cause the opponents sucked (cote isnt shit tho)

Maia - ran around for all 5 rounds, didnt even fight
    Leites - same as maia fight
    Cote - knee injury
    test
  14. jayoo

i apologize, he's a greco roman national champion but sonnen rarely uses greco throws in mma, which leads you to believe he doesn't train them that often, regardless that was a judo throw and greco roman doesnt involve anything below the waist
    test
  15. The Nonpareil

man, what a fight. Actually became a Chael fan even when he doesn't have a mic. Guy is anti-lay and pray. He's a real punisher.

Would say it's pretty much what I expected from Sonnen, but rocking anderson? Anderson's strategy was really fucking with his usually impeccable defense. The man showed he has a chin though on top of everything else.

[​IMG]

hilarious.
    test
  16. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

FML..I would bet all of my money on the 1 out of 10 times that the wrestler doesn't win.
    test
  17. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

lol that combat roll was pure lulz
    test
  18. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Who expected that shit. I'm just amazed that Anderson doesn't look surprised in the least.

Shit was crisp, too. I bet he was drilling that so he didn't get Irwin'd.
    test
  19. The Nonpareil

Was it just me, or did it look almost as if Anderson didn't give a good shit about defense in that fight?

Maybe it was because he got cracked that first time, but after that at one point in the round it looked like he was standing in front of sonnen's landing punches with his chin up before he got taken down.
    test
  20. jayoo

^i think the angle made it look more like that than it really was.. could be wrong, but i think he was backpedalling, maybe being a little cocky, but i dont think anything solid was landing sonnen might not have been completely in range
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.