How many of you truly think Sonnen wins the fight with Silva?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Kid Blackie, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

everyone only fights the #1 contenders. silva has faced the best fighters UFC has to offer him in his division, and a former good one in forrest griffin. you can't say guys like koschek and maia aren't great fighters.

silva has fought the best that he can fight while under contract, and until that changes, he's defended very well - he's just so good that great fighters look stupid.

just like gsp. he's fought great fighters, but just makes them look bad.
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i dont get this guys argument.. silva IS fighting the best, in his division.. before the fight these guys get praise, people thought cote had a chance does nobody remember? people thought maia had a chance if he brought it down, nobody remembers that? silva made people look like jokes, that doesnt take away their talent.. just because the margin from maia to silva in the octagon is clearly big doesnt mean maia isn't arguably a top five at 185lbs.. silva's another type of animal.

ps: ^koscheck is 170, he's never fought anderson silva
    test
  3. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

well then, i stand corrected. for some reason i thought he had.
    test
  4. Static Legacy

Static Legacy 3 times of a lotta shit

I got silva by ko or tko, maybe sub if he gets taken down. I would love to see silve hit him right square in the chin with a stiif front kick when sonnen goes for a takedown, a knee or uppercut would be sexy as fuck too. All i know is that silva is going to finish this fight. If he throws that sexy uppercut elbow like he did in king of the cage that would make my night.
    test
  5. The Nonpareil

The Nonpareil What about me?

Exactly.

It's the same deal with GSP and WW division. WW division is stacked as fuck, but after watching GSP be so dominant you begin to doubt that.
    test
  6. murda bay

murda bay New Member

but with gsp...hes HAS fought alote better fighters than silva has...

and its no secret the MW div is the weakest comp...buts hes moved up to LW twice...and hasnt fought no one who really has had a chance to beat
    him
    test
  7. murda bay

murda bay New Member

thats tru...they had a chance IF the did this and that...but who has he fought that actually pose a major threat...other than hendo..and the first franklin fight...y aint he fightin...

rampage vs. sliva
    shogun vs. silva
    evens vs. silva
    wand silva vs. silva
    jon jones vs. silva
    Thiago Silva vs. sliva
    nog vs. silva
    vitor vs. silva

thats 8 that actually had a 50/50 chance to beat him...but noooooo hed rather fight trash
    test
  8. jayoo

because all of them but vitor are at 205 and hes a 185 fighter? just because he moved up for 2 fights doesnt mean hes staying or should suddenly be thrown to the top 5 at LHW without proving his spot there first.. when he went up an fought forrest they said they would give him someone who would pressure him so he couldnt dance around, what happened? he got destroyed. they felt forrest was sufficient enough to push silva, thats their fault, not his. hes comfortable at 185, he said this recently and said he'll probably finish out his career at 185. his argument, which is a good 1 to me, is why does have to drop to 170 to fight gsp, or 205 to fight rampage? why dont these fighters come to his weight class an fight him if they wanna beat him up so bad

hes right too.. why is it always "silva should go 205, silva should drop to 170".. why not his opponent come to 185?

i would admittedly put 170 ahead of 185 when it comes to depth, but thats nobodies fault thats just how the weight classes fall? regardless silva has made everyone in his division look a lot worse then they really are, that's a talent.
    test
  9. murda bay

murda bay New Member

i dont think he should drop weight but hes said himself that he walks around at 210-215...and hes moved up twice to fight no1...griffin aint a threat...u and i both know that...and wand silva dropped to MW so that or vitor would b a better fight than any of his last 5
    test
  10. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

when hendo took down silva, silva looked like a fish out of water and looked clueless as fuck off his back

chael is a better and more athletic wrestler than hendo at this point, so itd be easier for him

and the UFC middleweight division is so fucking weak, shits ridiculous. tons of good ass MW's outside the UFC and dana would rather stick to the mediocre one dimensional guys he has. there are a few good MWs like marquardt, okami, akiyama, and a more disciplined leben, but the rest of the dudes are mediocre or are too one dimensional
    test
  11. jayoo

who cares if you and i both know that? lol.. that doesnt mean shit, his weight class hes COMFORTABLE in is 185, why cant he stay in HIS class? why does he have to move up and down? who cares if hes been at 205 before, thats not what the point is, nobody is denying he's fought at 205 we've all seen the footage..

but if they want all these superfights.. come to HIS weightclass, and if he's considered the p4p best why cant he demand that? he owns a top 3 spot to the p4p title if you wanna take it come to him, he shouldnt have to go through a weight change and maybe lose cardio or drop down and lose muscle when hes the 1 people want to beat..

yeah wanderlei is there.. but he doesnt get an automatic title shot, thats not the way it works, if he cant rise through the MW ladder the fight wont happen.. and vitor will fight silva eventually, they were signed to fight, silva needed surgery, then vitor got injured an had to pull.. it will happen though.
    test
  12. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Man some educated opinions in this thread namean.....

Chael just seems like a dick and I saw some vid of him getting subbed like 4 times lol cant see it happening but its a fight and anything can happen init

PEACE
    test
  13. The Nonpareil

People thought forrest had no chance against Shogun or Rampage either.
    test
  14. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I don't know, but in the last year I've become really jaded by the UFC. I really see Chael winning because 9 times out of 10 the better wrestler is going to win. Everyone that expects Anderson to win expects him to knock him out, but I don't see that happening. Anderson is going to get taken down in those early rounds and its like GSP's game plans in which the strikers lose their power after a few rounds of being taken down. I see the troll winning either via decision or tko in the championship rounds.
    test
  15. jayoo

[​IMG]

press conference, they went basically face to face at first then chael turned and silva kept starin em down

this gonna be a good fuckin fight saturday cant wait
    test
  16. The Nonpareil

You're right, but Chael really hasn't proven to be that dominant wrestler type like GSP or King Mo.

Demian Maia threw him around like he wasn't shit, so did Babalu. Even the recent fight with Marquardt was a war.

Plus Chael is terrible at controlling guys on the ground, and when he avoids subs it's by the skin of his teeth. Dude has actually been subbed by Forrest Griffin.

I really wouldn't be shocked to see Anderson Silva on top of him at some point, but my guess is anderson by triangle or guillotine.
    test
  17. The Nonpareil

although part of me wants to see who chael is planning on calling out after the fight.

my guess is gsp.
    test
  18. jayoo

sonnen isnt a greco-roman wrestler, or a judo fighter.. so yeah.. he got tossed, one time, lol @ tossed around.. people make things sound worse then they are just to make a point
    test
  19. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I think he is a greco roman wrestler, that's what it said on the preview show.
    test
  20. murda bay

murda bay New Member

gsp already said 2 years ago that he would fight anderson and then that when all of a sudden silva moved up to LHW to fight james irvin...

so yur tellin me he can move up to fight nobodies...but he cant move to actually b challenged?..he can lose "cardio and muscle" to fight people he knows cant beat him...but not if he has a real chance of losin

and y cant wand get a shot...brock got one off a loss...so its def possible
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.