how many of you in here can say you are proud to be the race that you are?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by mr.rip, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

Ever wish you could be another race sometimes just to see what it is like?
    test
  2. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Proud to be a Whitey :eek:)

I think we should all be proud of who we are. It's not about what race is better, or what race gets away with more, or this or that. We should be happy with our culture!!! Be proud of where you came from and who you are! :eek:)

That's what I say anyway. haha.
    test
  3. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

Not 100% sure of what I am racially speeking anymore so it really isn't a big deal to me personally. However sometimes I wish I wasn't as white looking as I am simply because of where I live. I hate to be placed in the same box as the rednecks.
    test
  4. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Yes, most definitely... thought I'm sure I'd feel that way whatever 'race' I happened to be born into.
    test
  5. badassyella

badassyella New Member

yep, i love being mixed
    test
  6. Dex P. LaMorte

Dex P. LaMorte New Member

How is this relevant to the forum in any way?

As for the question, no..

Because pride in the uncontrollable is idiotic and more often than not a veil for deep-seated feelings of inferiority…

Would I change races if given the chance? No. This would entail the forfeiting of my white privilege.
    test
  7. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I'm not sure I know what it's like to be my own race. I'm not sure I fall into a category. I mean, my skin is white, so if we're talking like the fact that this great continent is flourished by a majority of whites, then yeah I'm proud to be white because it's basically our land (no matter how we got it) and we have a lot of freedoms among other great things. It took me a while to even stumble onto that thought - I've been sitting here pondering and I just really couldn't think of anything because maybe I'm trying to come up with something that I can really identify with. I mean, I'm definitely proud to be Canadian because I've been brought up to identify with the Canadian life. I wouldn't say I've been brought up to identify with being white. I can be proud of any race for their accomplishments, but being a certain race is more about identifying with it when it comes to pride I think. I don't know. I'm sure there's an easier answer somewhere.
    test
  8. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

About white priviledge... this is the thing... I know it still exists... in varying degrees... but personally I can't say I've ever really used it in a way that has allowed for my advancement... at some point the line becomes blurred between what is white priviledge and what is class priviledge...
    test
  9. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

im proud that i achieved to be born a cracker
    test
  10. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

lmao you a nut lol red necks hahza
    test
  11. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

I'm proud to be white because it's basically our land (no matter how we got it)

lmao this is not the white mans land lol there were peeps here when yall got here lol you guys jacked the people for this land haha yall are land jackers lol try that shit today it's not going to fly and that boat wont float lol go in the wrong hood with that boat it will get jacked haha brother throw some D's on that bitch haha
    test
  12. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

You dont feel it 'cause your White. If you were another race, especially Black, or these days Middle Eastern, you'd feel it. You don't notice these things until someone turns the tables on you. I dont either, so I'm not picking on you, just saying.

I never did notice it as much in NY as I do here in GA but it was still there. Dating Black guys sometimes 'caused its own issues regardless of class. Sometimes, many times, people dont say anything but you can feel the tension.

RE: Class, you made me think of the night my friend and I went to talk to her dad who hung out in a bar at this local restaurant. Him and his girlfriend would sit at the bar all night and get trashed. He was def. low class and even hit on me and some of her other friends a few times. Well, 2 black couples walked in. Very nicely dressed, obviously upper class and not faking it like he did LOL. They had reservations and were seated not far from us. The look on her dad's face was pure hatred and his girlfriend said something racist that I cant remember...not the N word, but something else...anyway they gave them the evil eye the whole time we stood there and talked loudly about not letting certain people into nice places when clearly he was the one out of his element and not the other way around.

I have no actuall point, just sharing.
    test
  13. Edmund Kemper

Edmund Kemper New Member

are you 12?
    test
  14. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

hell yeah I'm proud to be Black. There's nothing else I'd rather be
    test
  15. KastrOGanxta

KastrOGanxta 152 AvE Kwik Stop Kid

i LOOOOOOOOVE bein' Cuban. We the gangstas :)...
    test
  16. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

You're speaking of racial oppression, I'm speaking of advancement based on my race - in other words, actually benefitting (gaining) from racial opression or favoritism. I'm in a tough spot because of factors that have nothing to do with being white. Race alone doesn't alow me to walk the walk. There are situational and perhaps personal barriers.

Go ahead, I challenge you to throw any example of how I, being white, might have been able to advance from white priviledge, BEYOND what a person of another race, who has resided in North America their entire lives, has.

Feel free to ask me questions before you ever give an example if you wish.
    test
  17. KastrOGanxta

KastrOGanxta 152 AvE Kwik Stop Kid

you can go to prison, come out, and stay in this country as were 'unofficial' citizens who have lived here all their lives go to prison than get deported. its also alot easier for you to get a high paying office job as to were some latinos and haitians cant get jobs at all unless we work under the table bustin our asses doin shit no one else wants to do for LESS then what a citizen would get paid if he did the same job. not to mention the rcial profiling that goes on by police
    test
  18. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I'm talking about myself, not whites in general. I've never cashed in white priviledge to gain anything is what you're trying to disprove (and I'll be as honest as I can).

First of all, I don't know what you're referring to when you talk about being an unofficial citizen. Can somebody explain this to me? None the less, how does that advance me except by giving more space to throw white people like myself into a cell? Again, I'm not a citizen of the United States, so I'm pretty damn sure I could get deported back to Canada. I've never had a high paying office job. I've only ever been a TEMP in a warehouse for $10.50 an hour (Canadian), working alongside a huge majority of blacks and indians and other non-whites who got to drive around in machines and shit while I was doing maintenance and lifting shit with my body strength, and for $10.00 (Canadian) and hour in general manufacturing (the most boring ass job) for a pharmaceutical company- both being paid through an agency. Of course, this was in a different city than I grew up in and currently live in... which is Small Whitetown Population Small, so instead of going after the blacks here the police go after the teens.
    test
  19. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

im half white, half black

always been proud
    test
  20. ~S*T*A*R*M~

~S*T*A*R*M~ Goddess

To me, pride connotates a sense of accomplishment that you can directly accredit to yourself. I don't see how I can be "proud" of something I didn't earn, didn't ask for, and can never refuse. Now, am I happy I'm black? Most definitely, but proud? I'm not so sure.

But by all means, lets open the discussion: Is it possible to be proud of something you've had absolutely no hand in?

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.