How many of you are watching EliteXC Saturday?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Mac Sabbath, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

test
  2. Screech

Screech I came, I saw, I conquere

is kimbo / shamrock this saturday?

if so then i may watch it if it's on at a bar, if not i'll wait for the repeat or watch it online
    test
  3. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Yeah, that's the one.
    test
  4. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

You don't have to Screech, it's not pay-per-view it's on CBS for free. I'll be watching it, THEN bar.
    test
  5. Screech

Screech I came, I saw, I conquere

nah i meant i'll be at a bar during the time the main event is on most likely
    test
  6. Adam West

Adam West wat?

God, please let Shamrock kill this can.
    test
  7. good shit on reminding me.

just got a DVR so I can set that shit to record in case I miss it when it airs
    test
  8. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

Fuck yes.. what a birthday present for me.

I'm a fan of both Kimbo & Shamrock.. I think Shammy could put Kimbo down, but I could be wrong. The ultimate ending would be Shamrock subbing Kimbo by heel hook.
    test
  9. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

I want Shamrock to win, but I'll give you all a heads up.

Shamrock is not the legend he's made out to be. He used to get beat by Hoyce Graycie (sp?); who was amazing yes but Shamrock was supposed to be amazing..... he got beat by Tito twice (but was old) and by Rich Franklin and by others, he's just one of those guys who was "grandfathered" into the sport, so to speak, and his "legend-hood" wouldn't really be there had he started today.
    test
  10. TheWarchief

TheWarchief Well-Known Member

he'll still be undefeated on sunday as long as one of the judges ain't a racist

keep that kimbo raged bottled up playboy
    test
  11. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

Kimbo didn't earn where he's at, that's the only reason people hold spite for him. Most people had to work through legitimate opponents to catch the buzz he's caught, and he hasn't fought anyone of stature yet. That's all that "spite" is bro, he's minimalizing others' years of hard work by simply having a you-tube story backing him.
    test
  12. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

in other news... hot damn.... Rich Franklin v Dan Hendo... and Shogun Rua vs Mark Coleman II will be happening in January!
    test
  13. TheWarchief

yeah, but if he was some Irish white dude from the streets of boston who beat the shit out of people, I guarantee more of these naysayers would be on that bandwagon

the idea of somebody competing in a professional sport with little training is very appealing

fuck payin dues
    test
  14. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

a white guy beating up on nobodies exists with no praise.. just look at the top white guys in elite xc... noone gives a fuck about them cuz if they fought the best from Pride, UFC, etc they'd get thier asses handed to them

I dont think its a color thing more then its a spite thing.. if anything people are bitter cuz Kimbo's this big feared monster who gets praise from casual fans.. yet he hasnt beaten anyone worthy of even speaking of.. and he damn near lost his last one to which shouldve been his easiest opponent considering Kimbo relies on standup.. Thompsons been knocked out within 10 seconds two or three times in his career
    test
  15. Adam West

Adam West wat?

aka Kimbo sucks and cant finish Shamrock.

no but seriously....

Shamrock has been suspected of throwing fights.

Kimbo has been suspected of getting fixed fights.

Kimbo steam rolls thru Shamrock in devastating fashion.

But the legitimacy of this match is very suspect.
    test
  16. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

Whats sad is if he beats Shamrock, which he probabaly will cuz Shamrocks been a stiff for a long time now...

he will have on his resume, beating Tank Abott, Shamrock, Ray Mercer (along with two other stiffs)

which wouldve been dope and praise worthy literally 10-15 years ago
    test
  17. TheWarchief

word, which is why I said the idea of an amateur being tossed into professional ranks is appealing

it upsets the purists, but I'm sure the fact that he's a real nigga upsets a few of them even more
    test
  18. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

Warchief,

The evidence shows the OPPOSITE of that. People ARE praising Kimbo. He's one of the most popular names out there, so your argument holds no water whatsoever, because he's a "household" name with zero accomplishment. It's actually against your argument, ten-fold.

I don't even think there's people who dislike Kimbo, perse. I think, fans who know the fucking sport, they more-so want to smack people who rave about him when he has done absolutely shit.

There's no racism involved, that's lame and weak. Anderson Silva is black and is raved about by the owner of the UFC as the world's best pound for pound fighter. Point blank, period. Rashad Evans has great sucess, and has a title shot this December. Rampage just lost the title, and has millions of fans. Race don't really belong in these conversations, and why should they?

Fact is, there is a REAL reason to have these doubts about Kimbo. So reverting to the "Race card" doesn't really hold water, you know, in the logical world. It will always exist, racism will, but when you cry it at every corner in life, you make it worse because people will suck their teeth and hold it against you, and unfortunately, if they're stupid enough, against black people in general.

Cry foul when foul exists...............cry it as a speculatory thing is weak.
    test
  19. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

anyway, gotta go with Kimbo

Shamrock lost 8 of his last 10, and his last 5 he got knocked out in the first round...

losing to robert berry did it for me with shamrock

this fights speculated to be fixed, but i dont think it has to be, Kimbo can easily beat Shamrock... everyones like "shamrock can get him on the ground" just to hype up the fight and keep it alive..... the past 4 years we seen shamrock on the ground it involves him laid out with a ref standing over him...

far past his prime

the fight another circus match
    test
  20. TheWarchief

man, u typin paragraphs when there are threads on here with people callin him an "uneducated thug" and all kinds of other racist bullshit
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.