How Many of Yall Are Taking or Have Taken College Online?

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Maurkadi, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

online degree? dont do it lol. no. no good employer will take you serious. the person with a real degree from a real university will beat you out every time.
    test
  2. Shakez

Shakez New Member

you sure bout that? if you competing for a job you the competitor better @ the job gonna get it....

i know plenty people that got good jobs with no degrees over people with degrees
    test
  3. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

tally has famu too so maybe he would like it, lolol
    test
  4. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

with gz saying what he said... i can safely assume that famu has a high black population
    test
  5. Living HeLL

Living HeLL real nigga shit

fuck all that get into construction...with the right company you can pull down a stack a week laying bricks...im gettin into the electrical and plumbing side too...ive pulled down 5k in a week not working pass 1pm...learn a trade you'll always have work dawg
    test
  6. Maurkadi

yeah i hear ya... i dont know much about brick laying as far as the atmosphere of the actual job

like do yall have to lay bricks on some shit thats like 40 feet high? i got a issue with heights man

do yall do alot of heavy lifting?
    test
  7. Living HeLL

you dont have to know nothing they teach you...i didnt know anything about constuction...i wasnt feeling that brick shit either...i went and got certified to drive the trucks and machines thats where the good money is...and its way less stress on your body...but starting at the bottom its alot of heavy lifting...and yeah you might have to climb on a roof...plumbers make money though or fixing cars...my dude works at a body shop and makes a good 1500 a week...have you tried getting a city job??...or maybe a truck driver?...they start at about 58-60k
    test
  8. Maurkadi

damn 1500 a week to work on cars!?!?!?

that foo| must get greased up and covered in oil everyday for that

nah i aint try finding a city... i would try being a truck driver but they

would have to supply me with a gps navigator cause i get lost easily
    test
  9. A.V.I.

A.V.I. Well-Known Member

what do you think is so great about Maryland?

i mean its alright, aint really been anywhere else
    test
  10. Living HeLL

working on cars is money...paying for labor runs bread specially on foreign cars...and he does work on the side...ive seen him run niggas a few hundred just to put new breaks on...but i guess if you're desperate and cant wait you'll do it...you probably would have to get your own GPS but you can get one off EBAY for $60...try a city jawn though...they have good benifits
    test
  11. Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra █║▌║█║

you're seriously saying you dont know wtf famu is???

wow.
    test
  12. Maurkadi

hell it aint like i live in florida or famu got such a good football team/basketball team thats nationwide

shit i just had found out wtf morehouse was in january
    test
  13. iLoveEbay

iLoveEbay New Member

I did my undergrad and masters at FAU (south florida) and it was the most fun I've had in my life!!! I'm in my first year of law school at FIU, and it is not quite as good, but if you are into gorgeous south american chicks with the best bodies you will ever see in your life, you would fucking love it! The only problem is most of them can't speak fucking english!
    test
  14. exothermic

exothermic Well-Known Member

38k a year word thats nice....... im in jamaica though, might go to england in the next 2years when im finished my bs
    test
  15. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

its an all black school
    test
  16. double ML

double ML Guest

my college is AMU

it's online shit

i don't know about the tuition shit really, because the US gov't pays all that shit for me[stubby]
    test
  17. double ML

double ML Guest

^^this kid is borderline retarded.

don't listen to him.
    test
  18. Skell of T2

Skell of T2 FEAR THE TURTLE!

Unfortunately, WhiteWidow reflects the sentiments of many employers, whether it be justified or not. There IS a very large stigma surrounding "online degrees". Many employers do not see them as equal to brick-and-mortar schools. Do your research before committing. Like someone mentioned, stay away from the more popular "for profit" schools (ie- ITT, Kaplan, especially U of Phoenix and Strayer!). Intel actually had a job posting a few years back that specified "U of Phoenix and Strayer graduates need not apply".. crucial.

A few public universities offer full degree programs online. I know U of Maryland off the top of my head offers a Masters degree fully online, and you get the prestige of having earned it from a semi-respected institution. Only do it if you plan on getting your bachelors, dude. Do NOT get an AA from an online school! Its twice the money for the same degree you could earn at a CC.. and you wouldn't have that "stigma".

Just be ready to face the reality that some employers will view this as a "bought degree" and not an "earned degree". Fact is though, its better than having no degree at all.. and only some employers have that elitist attitude. I know my job has recently brought in some Strayer graduates, starting them bitches out at 80K a year. So there ARE opportunities.
    test
  19. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

agreed
    test
  20. Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra █║▌║█║

i used to work on cars.... its hard work.....but if you like cars its enjoyable as fuck...

my dad has done that shit for well over 20 years....

he did own his own auto repair shop but lost it during the start of the "recession". now he works on big industrial shit bulldozers,crains shit like that, makes more money then he did at his own place but yea..i worked there for a few years off and on and its a grimey job.....hard work.....but i love cars so the shit was fun to me and i actually enjoyed it a lot.... i couldnt see myself doing it as a career but yea.....for awhile i considered jus going to a tech school and learning to paint cars cause i had access to a paint room and coulda made a lot of bread doing that aswell, but i decided to go back to college instead ......i mean jobs like that you can live a comfortable stable life...and its especially nice if you are making money doing something you love, but i want to make more money....

i actually know how to do auto repair and hvac.....two things that are on most of those type schools list......i learned them both on job......hvac fuckin sucks....pays good.....but not near as interesting or rewarding as working on cars was.......hvac= if someone is freezing you gotta freeze and fix it until they arent freezing anymore....and if someone is hot as hell you gotta work in extreme heat to fix the problem.....its an against the elements job.....shit fuckin sucked. i did that for a few years aswell... if nothing else its nice to have experience in those "trades" to fall back on if i ever need em.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.