How Many of Yall Are Taking or Have Taken College Online?

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Maurkadi, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

just curious due to the fact that the education system in my area is trash and the entry salary does not start higher than 30 grand after graduation...

also the programs at "florence darlington tech" is fuckin trash and makes me puke... i wanna get involved with something i can relocate anywhere in the states with...

what i would like to know is:

due you have to pay out of state tuition even though the classes are online?

what are the cons of college online?
    test
  2. exothermic

exothermic Well-Known Member

is 30k a year bad to be working after you graduate??... i wish i got that down here
    test
  3. Maurkadi

man just peep the list of these SHITTY options

* Accounting
    * Accounting (Evening Program)
    * Administrative Office Technology
    * Associate in Arts
    * Associate in Science
    * Automotive Technology
    * Automotive Technology - Diesel Option (Day/Evening Program)
    * Civil Engineering Technology - Civil Program of Study
    * Civil Engineering Technology - Graphics Program of Study
    * Computer Technology - Telecommunications Systems Management
    * Criminal Justice Technology
    * Criminal Justice Technology (Evening Program)
    * Dental Hygiene
    * Diesel Technology - Caterpillar Dealer Service Technician Program
    * Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology
    * Electronics Engineering Technology - Electronic Program of Study
    * Electronics Engineering Technology - Networking Program of Study
    * General Technology
    * Human Services
    * Human Services (Evening Program)
    * Human Services - Early Childhood Development Option
    * Human Services - Early Childhood Development Option (Evening Program)
    * HVAC - Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Technology
    * Machine Tool Technology
    * Machine Tool Technology (Evening Program)
    * Management
    * Management (Evening Program)
    * Marketing
    * Marketing (Evening Program)
    * Medical Laboratory Technology
    * Nursing (Fall Admission)
    * Nursing (Spring Admission)
    * Nursing - LPN/ADN Transition - Advanced Placement for ADN
    * Occupational Therapy Assistant
    * Paralegal
    * Paralegal (Evening Program)
    * Physical Therapist Assistant - Full-time
    * Radiologic Technology
    * Respiratory Care
    test
  4. FiZiKs

FiZiKs MileHighSalute

Boutta start taking some myself in a couple months...
    test
  5. ~Matty P~

~Matty P~ Whats Good Son?

haha true..not 1 thing on there interests me...im going for communications cuz i wanna work in sports radio or tv or espn or sumtin...ill have my associates in december, then ima go for my bachelors..but online courses are easier than physically being in class...you get to work on it on ur own time..jus gotta stay motivated..as far as out of state tuition for online courses?...thats a good question..im not sure
    test
  6. Craig Ehlo

Craig Ehlo Mark Price's Saviour

kadi i thought you was coming down to florida for school? salsas scared you off?
    test
  7. Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra █║▌║█║

i havent went to an "online" college no.....but i have taken online classes and hybrid classes ...which is where you go to class one time a week rest of the shit is online.....

if you dont have a lot of drive and determination it is hard not to start slippin......once you get behind its a motherfucker to catch up.....because you aint going to class and actually seein the teacher and have to worry about sayin yo i dont have my assignment......you're much quicker to not do your shit on time....

i dont know man....id stay going to an actual college if i was you......a lot of times even if you get a degree they gonna see where you got it from.....and you lose out on the grant financial aid wtf ever opportunities aswell i think.....

its bout the same as itt tech or some shit......it looks like a good quick easier route but there is so many ways you can get fucked its not worth it.
    test
  8. Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra █║▌║█║

it was prolly the out of state tutition that scared him away....

even tho i vote here and have lived here off an on most my life they make me pay out of state tuition....and its a hardddddddddddd jerking in florida.
    test
  9. The Business

The Business Moderator

go apply to TSA

usajobs.gov

search: TSO

its a government job that pays like 38k a year...

high school required

my cousin is in that shit right now.. 38k is just starting, after a year or 2 you could be making 45k
    test
  10. A.V.I.

A.V.I. Well-Known Member

wait a second...you didnt know how to spell resume, and didnt have enough common sense that a 12 year old autistic child would have to know why a job would require your skills, and previous work history.

but you honestly think you would stand a snowballs chance in hell passing college course online, offline, or in your wildest fantasy?

come on...stick to stalking rm members online, and collecting disability from the state.

[funny]
    test
  11. Maurkadi

man i want to go there BAD AS HELL lmao

but i dont have the means of getting there as far as relocation money and out of state tuition is a bitch....

but i aint giving up on florida lol
    test
  12. A.V.I.

A.V.I. Well-Known Member

give up.

dont embarrass yourself.
    test
  13. Maurkadi

smh

atleast you're in denver.... i would not wish for my worst enemy to have to reside here
    test
  14. Craig Ehlo

Craig Ehlo Mark Price's Saviour

how long do you have to live in state before you're a resident? a year? i would go to the boonies(where its cheap to live) for a year, get my residence, then go to school somewhere better as a resident.
    test
  15. Maurkadi

yeah man thanks for the input ya dig... cause i know its probably best to develop a bond with my instructors in person and also a nigga like me will need help from tutors and people like that

and wow @ itt tech being trash? like for real? nigga almost got caught slippin with that shit 4 years ago...

just dont know where to go cause alot of programs in college (especially around here) do not interest me at all

if it were truly up to me and being fortunate enough i would make my living as an actor or making beats living lovely

ya dig.....
    test
  16. Maurkadi

yeah in most states its a year required to become a resident.. see the thing is im trying to gain as much knowledge about FL (mainly central and south) to see exactly whats the best fit for da kadi

i went to ocala that shit felt like a time zone like it was stuck in the 70's era and shit... just the whole surrounding looked old as hell lol

but yeah my money gotta be right to last for a year there as well as i gotta know the where & where not to go spots out there

cause i aint trying to be in no hicksville or niggra hating spots like davie as i am aware of lol
    test
  17. Maurkadi

just be glad that you in maryland foo| rather than this hell hole...
    test
  18. Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra █║▌║█║

all the commercial colleges is bullshit man.....they are advertised for people who dont have any other opitions but gettin fucked by them......you get the education but you get fucked out of a lot of grants and aid in the process that would jus be going into your bank account if you was at a regular school.....

i mean shit like ITT tech is good for somebody who already has a semi decent job like some shit the business posted or something, but wants to have something else to fall back on just in case.....but for somebody who can go to a regular school as opposed to that..its a fuckin joke.
    test
  19. Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra █║▌║█║

in florida you have to apply for residency a year before your residency is recognized by the school...so i jus gave up on that shit..... i asked them about it when i started school here and they told me "a year" so i thought that means.....i live here a year, which i have now, and i get residency......put nah....you have to apply and wait a year after you apply no matter how long you been here before you apply.

and ocala is some bullshit man....

if it aint tampa,miami,orlando,ft lauderdale, or jacksonville....i wouldnt try to fuck with going to school there.

jacksonville was best for me cuz i got fam here lived here before.....not too far from home.....and its cheaper..its not a theme park city like the rest of them shits are. i love it here tho.

tallahassee and gainesville are AITE.....loads of white girls......so you prollyh wouldnt like it there lol.
    test
  20. Bonnie Bathory

Bonnie Bathory New Member

i went to Western International University online my freshman year. It was super easy... but $795 per class.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.