How many grams of protein do you consume daily??

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LeKCheR, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

For me I take in atleast 300 grams.

Some people say its a gram and a half per lb you weigh

Which means if your trying to gain weight do a gram and a half of what you WANT TO WEIGH
    test
  2. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Way too much man. At the very most you need 1 gram per pound of body weight. In the end, all that protein is making you have very expensive craps. The majority of it won't get used.
    test
  3. ChopStick

ChopStick me killa me killa

i heard from a very experienced person, you only need 60 grams of protein. the rest is veggies and stuff like that..
    test
  4. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

everybody is saying something different. i've heard so many different numbers its crazy.

i take in about a little under my body weight, a book told me 2/3rds of your weight but i take more like 4/5ths.... it really differs...

if your eating a lot of good protein and eating right you'll see gains regardless... if everything else is done right
    test
  5. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

you better be drinking your ass off otherwise your kidneys are taking a POUNDING

cut down on the protein or drink a lot of water to flush out the extra. That's wild though, 300 seems like way too much.

I quit counting a while back. It's way too tedious for me to do it every day.
    test
  6. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Yea 300 is alot to consume in one day..

I consume probably about 100-125pr day..

But I'm little so thats alot for me...
    test
  7. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

Every trainer ive spoken with says to do that.

And no im not talking about just suppliment protein im counting food also.
    test
  8. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Glad somebody brought up that it's messing with your kidneys. All of that protein is toxic towards your kidneys. Further on my last post, it's actually in the range of .08 to 1 gram of protein per pound of muscle I beleive. So you're really not looking at too much protein you necessarily need. Since a lot of your bodyweight is obviously bones, organs, skin and fat depending on the person. You could cut that 300 in half and still possibly be taking in way too much.

If any of you are interested, download a book called Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle by Tom Venuto. It's a rather long book as far as diet ones anyway. But it's easily the best and most complete diet book I've ever read, and I've read quite a few. It'll tell you everything you need to know as far as dieting and more. It's a good read regardless if you're a beginner or pro. I knew quite a bit about dieting and still thought the book was very informative.
    test
  9. _X-Cellz_

_X-Cellz_ New Member

i dont need to work out i have guns.
    test
  10. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

WTF Your seriously a fucking moron.

WTF does being big have to do with defending yourself?? Doesnt matter how much you can lift it doesnt make you an instant bad ass I workout to simply make myself look and feel better.

I seriously hope you pull your "gun" out on someone and they take it from you and pistol whip your faggot ass.
    test
  11. I wArFaRe I

I wArFaRe I Love 2 Hate

i usually take about 40g of supplemental protein, dont know what i do in total including food though
    test
  12. Butfuklo

Butfuklo New Member

Hell yeah, Im trying to do that shit to Im taking at least 160 grams of protein per day (cuz thats my weight), but sometimes I take more. What kills me though is that I get drunk like 4 days a week and sleep just 4 hours and the rest of the day I'm busy with school, work, and friends.

I'm benching 265 how bout you?
    test
  13. Big Glenn

Big Glenn New Member

Nah its 1-1.5 grams of protien per KILOGRAM of ur own body mass. So u have to convert ur weight to kilograms.
    test
  14. Butfuklo

Butfuklo New Member

^^^You are stupid, its not kilograms its pounds.
    test
  15. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I shoot for a gram per pound of body weight
    test
  16. C.G.

C.G. C.G. Productionz

with shakes? 60gs

including evrything else my doc said not to go past my body weight of 140, sooooo yea
    test
  17. xcetara

xcetara New Member

frikin oc thread
    test
  18. MasterB_RaD

MasterB_RaD New Member

1 to 1 1/2 grams per pound of body weight for routine weight training
    test
  19. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

i jsut drink milk..like 1 litre day is good..and eat chicken, rice, noodles potatoes..
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i eat dead baby fetuses freshly plucked from the bio-bins at the stem cell research facility...

easily about 900-1000grams/day

and i do my hair for about 30 mins each day using nothing but hairspray and some hair tonic by mennen..

and most my shirts are shiney and have metallic tinges and hues...

i drive a miata and have 3 credit cards, 1 for supplements, 1 for the ladies, and 1 for emergencies like pedicures and eyebrow waxing for those days your eyebrows just go wahooooooeeeeeeee you knowwhatimsaying?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.