How many days do you rest?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by MagicDonJuan, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

I rest once a week from working out. when i start again on wedensday its always harder to start up.
    anways how many days you rest and how do you warm up?
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

you mean u work out 6 days a week? not bad

i only warm up by walking to the gym..which is 15 minutes.,, then before going on the weights i just do some up and down bending
    test
  3. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

3 days w/ np weight lifting...just some light running
    test
  4. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

You only rest your body one day a week? That's not enough time for recovery. Man you better take another 1 or 2 days off in addition or you're going to see minimal gains and strength increase. You're only limiting yourself by exhausting your body with 6 day workout weeks.
    test
  5. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

I work out 4 days a week, weekends OFF plus another day during the weekday and that's alot.

I keep them short and intense, no homo.

I was doing 3 days a week last session and I can definately feel more strain with this regime.

You need to rest more, you will feel better and you will see better gains.
    test
  6. MagicDonJuan

Word? After doing one day off I found it twice as hard to get back on track. I may take 2 days off, and do some light cardio to keep from just doing nothing. I don't ever feel sore though, I work out each part of my body in 3 day cycles and by the time I'm back on whatever I'm doing, say my Tris, i'm usually good. I think it might have to do with the protein i drinki dunno, I know as a rule of thumb you shouldn't work out if your sore.

Anyways I warm up by running for 15 minutes.
    test
  7. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

I wasn't gonna say shit.

but..

how many months/years have you been on a 6 day workout week?

cause mannnn, I'm guessing it's only been a month or two... cause unless you on roids, I don't see how you can even begin to see gains working yourself that much.

it seems good in theory, but you need to rest yourself bro else you are going to overtrain yourself and quit.

just my $.02.

I lift 4 days a week, i hit a warm up of cardio.. the only shit I'll do on a non-lifting day is cardio and usually I will only do that on sunday, right before my new week starts.

so MAX I'm in the gym 5 days a week.. all my mind thinks about now is bodybuilding, 6 days a week would stress me out too much especially with full time work and my already fucking crazy eating schedule.

and trust when my before/afters come out before summer, ya'll will see.
    test
  8. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

When I first started I'd just lift for like 5 days a week but I had no clue what I was doing and burnt myself out a bit. Now all I basically do is lift on like a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday, and Saturday schedule and warm up with light cardio or basic stretching and then every other week or so I'll go an extra day and do strictly cardio.
    test
  9. MagicDonJuan

Yeah, 3 months.

So 5 days a week is STILL to much?
    test
  10. p. haze

You should do 3-4 days a week, you still new to the game.

5-6 days is what pro bodybuilders do, but they probably been lifting for 15+ years and use a SHITLOAD of supplements to speed up recovery, not to mention they probably sleep like 10-12 hours a day.
    test
  11. MagicDonJuan

Aight
    But I don't think I can do 3 days off in a row, man that must be crazy hard getting back on track after not doing anything for so long.
    test
  12. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

you should do something light in the three days in between
    test
  13. p. haze

Okay.. no consectutive days..

Lets say you work out Monday, Wednesday, and Friday or Tuesday, Thurday, and Saturday.. you're not going to get a 3 day rest, just 2.

So you won't workout everyday but when you do you'll be fully recovered so you won't half ass. It'll be intense.
    test
  14. MagicDonJuan

Yeah, I took Yesterday off and I took Tuesday Off.
    test
  15. Snikka

I prefer to take Wenesday off and take the weekends off... hit some cardio on those days if anything.. no lifting tho.

works for me... enjoy the weekends and a nice 4 day split with a day off in between.
    test
  16. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

in terms of lifting weights, less is more. you only develop muscle while you're not working out. if you're not giving your body time to recuperate your not gonna develop much if any significant muscle mass. i've been lifting weights seriously for over 4 years now and have never lifted more than 3 days a week. monday, wednesday and friday was my split. do cardio in between for 45 mins on tuesday, thursday and saturday and took sundays completely off when i'm cutting and way lighter when bulking. like just one day a week of cardio.
    test
  17. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Word. I do Monday(upper)+Tuesday(lower), wednesday off, Thursday(upper)+Friday(lower), weekend off.

No cardio for me, I have enough trouble gaining.
    test
  18. Nitsuj™

Nitsuj™ We Are The Resistance

I don't build muscle .... I stay toned and run. I run about 5 days a week...
    test
  19. Snikka

The thing I hate about being muscular is that you have to eat so fucking much.. It's the most energy using thing in your body... so naturally your body DOESNT want it there.. so you have to keep keep eating.

Do you know I eat about 10 eggs a day and go thru like 4 gallons of milk a week.

The eggs are only 1 of my meals out of 7 or so.

It's no joke. Shits serious to be serious.
    test
  20. Snikka

costco fucking bags of chicken breasts, big ass box of oats, 20 packs of tuna and chicken canned.. fruit and veggies like a fucking chore.. not to mention the actual supplements. I could go on for days.

fuck.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.