how many championship has your favorite professional team won in your lifetime?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by *PLAIN ENGLISH*, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double ML

double ML Guest

test
  2. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

I have sonned Cane on a regular basis [funny]

Cane is mad stupid and doesn't know shits fuck about sports hahaha
    test
  3. double ML

double ML Guest

wow@how fast i would demolish cane's face:eek:
    test
  4. Vintage Tox

lmfao @ how Canes face was already demolished at birth due to his wretched looking parents [funny]
    test
  5. double ML

double ML Guest

lmao

his moms drank heavily in the third trimester

heard she experimented with crystal meth as well:eek:
    test
  6. Cane

Cane New Member

Uhhh ohhhhh..someone cue the violin music, these two are in love

double ml is the poster child for why twins shouldn't marry
    test
  7. Vintage Tox

[funny]

Cane mad stupid.
    test
  8. double ML

double ML Guest

my father is japanese.

my mother is german/irish.

explain to me how they could possibly be twins.
    test
  9. Cane

Cane New Member

that was just the picture that sears puts inside all the wallets and picture frames

legend has it your parents were conjoined
    test
  10. Vintage Tox

lmao @ Canes attempts.

[funny]

He's over there all angry and shit and I'm over here all laughing and shit.
    test
  11. double ML

double ML Guest

legend has it?

cane sound mad corny.

my parents are of different races you brain damaged swine.
    test
  12. Vintage Tox

lmfao @ such a horrible comeback.

[funny]

You get sonned every time you hit 'submit reply' hahaha
    test
  13. Vintage Tox

*Brief intermission from all the sonning*

Quick break needed, Cane had to got out and get a new keyboard because he's all angry and shit haha

While I'm over here all like [funny]
    test
  14. Vintage Tox

lmao @ 'legend has it..'

[funny]

This faggot read the entire Twilight series and started crying hahaha.

Cane a fuckin homo [funny]
    test
  15. double ML

double ML Guest

hahahaha

tox killin' sugarcane
    test
  16. Vintage Tox

[​IMG]
    "Please leave me alone already."

and I'm sitting here at home all like [funny]
    test
  17. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

The Wings are likely or are they? it being 'likely' is speculation and really holds no weight when it comes to this argument.

If they are always contenders and the longest running playoff run wouldn't that explain why player want to play for them. Its just like that in football...Tom Brady took less money to sign better players for the Pats...this kinda thing happens in any sport

Let's compare the playoff appearances of the Detriot Red Wings and the Dallas Cowboys (just for kicks)

Detriot: Been in the league since around the 1920s(thats about 90 yrs) and has these stats....

"Playoff Appearances: 58
    Overall Playoff Record: 300-262-1
    Stanley Cup Championships: 2008, 2002, 1998, 1997,
    1955, 1954, 1952, 1950,
    1943, 1937, 1936"

They also play 4 to 7 games per series which can potentially lead playing 28 games in a playoff run...which is why they have soo many playoff wins.

also

"The Red Wings have won the most Stanley Cup championships (11)[1] of any NHL franchise based in the United States, and are third overall in total NHL championships, behind the Montreal Canadiens (24) and Toronto Maple Leafs (13)."

info could be found here

Detroit Red Wings playoff history - NHL - Yahoo! Sports
    Detroit Red Wings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dallas : Joined the nfl in 1960(about 50 years ago)

some interesting info

"An article from Forbes Magazine, dated September 10, 2008, lists the Cowboys as the most valuable sports franchise in the United States, and second in the world (behind the United Kingdom's Manchester United), with an estimated value of approximately $1.612 billion, ahead of the Washington Redskins ($1.538 billion) and the New England Patriots ($1.324 billion).[4] They are also one of the wealthiest teams in the NFL, generating almost $269 million in annual revenue"
    ^^^interesting

"The team has won five Super Bowls and eight conference championships. The Cowboys have more victories (41) on Monday Night Football than any other NFL team; the Miami Dolphins are second with 39 and the San Francisco 49ers are third with 38.[6] They hold NFL records for the most consecutive winning seasons (20, from 1966 to 1985) and most seasons with at least ten wins (25). The team has earned the most post-season appearances (29), a league record of 56 post-season games (winning 32 of them), the most division titles with 20, the most appearances in the NFC Championship Game (14), and the most Super Bowl appearances (8)."
    ^^interesting info here...

"The Cowboys became the first team in NFL history to win three Super Bowls in just four years (a feat that has been matched only once since, by the New England Patriots). They are second only to the Pittsburgh Steelers with most Super Bowl wins (tied with the San Francisco 49ers with five each)."

Dallas Cowboys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Cowboys have been around for about 40 yrs less then Detriot and has accomplished more then Detriot has....soo wut makes them a better organization? In Hockey? yes i can agree they are prolly the best and even one of the best in the world but THE best seems a bit unreasonable based on stats...unless your basing this on your opinion which is fine...i guess
    test
  18. Cane

Cane New Member

Players want to play there but it usually involves many downsides players won't accept elsewhere.

Less money
    Less points
    Less fame
    Bullshit. Brady still took a huge deal they could afford and that's one of the few instances of it happening in the NFL.

The difference between 2 million instead of 6 is substantially huger than the diff between a football player taking a paycut.

Detriot: Been in the league since around the 1920s(thats about 90 yrs) and has these stats....

Value? I don't take that into account at all. Why would we?

And you said you'd compare the Wings to the Cowboys. I don't see much of a comparison. I think probably because you don't actually know about the Wings so it's not really your fault but you should probably read up more. These are all nice accomplishments but what about consistency? Dallas is not consistent. Detroit is. Detroit

Dallas Cowboys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think for a split second you're fit to compare football to hockey, which is apples to oranges.

And this is what I mean. I understand most people on this site rely on stats as their only way to know what the fucks going on, but it goes beyond stats. And it was such a fuckin spin job stats wise anyway. You don't come off as someone who knows hockey, so why are you talking about this? For instance, it's obviously a fuckton harder to win the Cup than the Lombardi and anyone with a brain who knows both sports will agree with that without thinking twice. I'd say it's harder to make the conf. title series in the NHL than it is to win the SB. Shit, if you win 12 games in the NFL most of the time you don't even have to play anyone at all in the playoffs until a couple of weeks in. I don't think you're here to discuss this rationally, I think you're here because you took my comments as a "hockey vs football" bickering invite and now you're dead set on proving a football team better. Hell, what about drafting? Scouting? Consistency? The fact Detroit isn't a team of fuckin criminals, druggies and convicts? That we can survive through injuries, a much tougher travel schedule and a league where making the playoffs can be tougher than the NFL, and still demolish the Cowboys consistency in playoff appearances. Hint: A wiki entry won't give you answers. You'll have to think of them on your own and I think I'm the only one in the conversation who is educated thoroughly in both sports, not just one. Not a personal insult, just the truth.
    test
  19. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

can't argue with this

whether he still got alot of money or not isn't the issue...he was willing to take a pay cut for guys. I think Moss was willing to do the same as well as Kurt Werner. i'm not trying to dis-proves your red wings argument..just stating they aren't the only team with players willing to do this

What is not consistent about the cowboys as an organization?

Your right..i can't compare those to...that was foolish on my part..

woo woo woo....wtf are you talking about? i'm not refuting any of this...i was just curious about wut made them the "best organization". Like i said...i didn't think Hockey was soo popular....Your soo sensitive. Like i said i don't know much about Hockey but football is different...I posted those stats to prove that Dallas is ONE of the best Organizations...never once did i say the best...i think arguing with ppl on this forum has gotten to your head
    test
  20. double ML

double ML Guest

cane gets destroyed AGAIN:eek:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.