how many championship has your favorite professional team won in your lifetime?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by *PLAIN ENGLISH*, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double ML

double ML Guest

cane is probably the only muh' fucka to post on this site that knows less about sports than squeakles:eek:
    test
  2. Blaine Fontaine

Blaine Fontaine property hustla

this thread was actually doing aight and here comes the gay shit
    test
  3. sub.ZERO.freez

sub.ZERO.freez o/

i was hoping for a little more pity than i received (which was zero)
    test
  4. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

cane may be the only guy to shit rip you on a more consistent basis than myself
    test
  5. Dex Lewis

Dex Lewis Guest

Zip.

3 championship losses.
    test
  6. Cane

Cane New Member

I could name off every GRR player who has played there since it's inception. And probably a pretty good guess at point totals. You, are a bandwagon jumper who really isn't a fan of anything.
    test
  7. Dex Lewis

Dex Lewis Guest

Cane sonned the shit out of double ml.
    test
  8. |-paragon-|

|-paragon-| The Phoenix

My fav Red Wingz was alwayz Steve Yzerman and Sergei Fedrov.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. Cane

Cane New Member

Sergei was a beast.

Interesting fact-the Wings almost drafted Pavel Bure. He was a couple of spots away from them and they'd planned to take him but one other team "reached" for him(at the time it was a reach). Detroit instead chose Dallas Drake.

I can't see how Detroit would've not won any championships in the nineties if they had Bure on the roster, esp if you remember how stacked some of those teams were.
    test
  10. double ML

double ML Guest

no he didn't.

cane didn't say shit.

lmao@how it took him 4 years to work up the courage to come back to rm.c only to get sonned by me the first day back[funny]
    test
  11. Cane

Cane New Member

That's what I thought. No rebuttal. Punk.
    test
  12. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

hes too stupid to rebut
    test
  13. double ML

double ML Guest

i sonned you so bad you had to leave the site for several years.

victory is mine.
    test
  14. akadeezy

akadeezy a.k.a. akademical

lmfao

to answer the thread question:

n.y. rangers - 1
    yanks - 4
    giants - 1 (barely remember '92 when they beat the bills so I wont count it)
    pathetic fucking knicks - 0
    test
  15. Cane

Cane New Member

They are, and if you feel like getting schooled, just let me know.
    test
  16. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

wut makes them the best team in organized sports....i didn't think Hockey was that popular [dunno].
    test
  17. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

he is right, they are ONE of

i think you could make a case for the yanks, red sox, cardinals, steelers, patriots, lakers and celtics too
    test
  18. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

add cowboys to that list....

but one of them i can understand but THE best...i don't
    test
  19. Cane

Cane New Member

Im not taking popularity into account and if I was, the Wings are likely to be more popular than any of the teams you listed. Because popularity stretches beyond the US, contrary to what most assume. The Wings are a favorite in Russia, Sweden, Finland and the Czech Republic, nevermind having the most massive fanbase of any hockey team in NA. Any arena on any night will have about 30-60% Wings fans. Their popularity stretches worldwide, something football has failed to do. They treat their players better than anyone in sports. Theyre a contender yearly with the highest standards of any team there is. In the face of injuries, they win the Presidents Trophy whereas most other teams crumble(IE; Brady going down meant no playoffs). They have better scouting than any other team in any other sport, they`re better than anyone else at bringing up what seems like no namers and turning them into stars. They have more `greatest ever` players than any other team throughout history. Players throughout the league take less money to play there, something that never happens in any other sport at even a slightly consistent level. Players defected from their countries to play there. Every player is a class act, humble and a model of what an athlete should be. They were faced with the toughest salary cap in sports to work with instantly and kept winning, and in fact, won even more than before. They have sports longest running playoff streak and by a good margin too. And it`s not letting up anytime soon(I`m talking about 10 years or more). The only teams close are the Pats and Lakers and even then those two don`t have nearly the history the Wings do. They are contenders every single year and that`s been going for almost 20 years-no team in the NFL can say that. The Pats and Steelers were either missing the playoffs or were horrible. No team in the NBA can say that. No one`s even consistent enough nevermind championship favorites. Hell the closest team in probably Montreal but even then, they haven`t done shit in the modern era, and the only did well in the premodern era because they and Boston used to give eachother first dibs on players and prospects so Detroit and New York wouldn`t get ahold of them. There is no more model a franchise than the Wings.
    test
  20. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

lmfao @ how Cane gets sonned constantly [funny]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.