how loud are your monitors when u mix??

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Syn 6, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

yes and no
    quite possibly the funniest thing i've heard all day
    you probaly can't even tell if something IS out of phase...
    certainly do
    yeah, I do, but theres still a maximum dynamic range that you can capture on a CD
    ROTFL this so reminds me of doctah's quote regarding people thinking this shit is like video games
    I highly doubt you've been on over 1200 demos/LPs/EPs/Singles...if you have, then you really must suck cause i've never heard of you
    I doubt that
    if you do that many things, you probably suck at all of them. the music business is SPECIALIZED, no one does everything- EVER. I do three things, and I'm damn good at all of them: Front of House Sound Tech, Producer, Mixing Engineer. I get assloads of work because I'm good at it, shit, every large hip hop show in Toronto (minus carabana this weekend, had to see the wifey instead) since march has been mixed with my behind the board....I'd like to see YOUR credits
    need I point THIS thread out?

you, sir, are a retard
    test
  2. kaveh

kaveh New Member

lmao
    test
  3. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

yep.......100% correct....

cause anything beyond or below that and your ears "compress" sound...exaggerating frequencies so that its easier for your brain to distinguish what your listening to...and also...to protect your ears
    test
  4. kniteshift

kniteshift That ain't my alphabet b

it's one or the other man..
    test
  5. XPENSIV

XPENSIV Xspenzo fucked your wife

Are you illiterate? They both say the same thing.
    test
  6. XPENSIV

You are from Canada. Give me one reason I should even read what you just wrote. You are from Canada. As far as Hip-Hop goes you will never be shit. I've never heard anything tight come out of Canada besides CDman Cd's and thats only cause I have a half price hook-up. My boy Cire was up there for awhile and you all sucked. He was sendin me all types of shit. Canada is a joke.

-1-
    test
  7. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok...go check out bishop, kardinal offishal, thrust, empire, aristo and many others and tell me they arent dope

then tell me David Foster isnt a multi-billionare from being a producer

then tell me Jim Carrey isnt funny

then tell me Celine Dion isnt the number one selling artist worldwide

then shut the fuck up cause your a retarded peice of shit
    test
  8. XPENSIV

Who? MY POINT EXACTLY
    test
  9. one thing i noticed with my mixer is you can .. use more than one mic and mix em all together.... sounds dope i got a old sereo mixer that costed 800$ back in the day prolly more.. 16 channle shit... only thing i dont like about it .. is its big and heavy.. newer ones arent that heavy.. you no that mixer they used in 8 mile.. it shows a little of it then the screen flips.. i have the same kind. looks exacly alike
    test
  10. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

lmao....

if you dont know who at least one of those people are, you don't belong anywhere near music

LEAVE NOW

im guessing you havent heard of josh martinez, swollen members, saukrates, fin-s, tara chase, baby blue sound crew, the rascalz or classified either....

educate yourself outside of crunk music, and find out what REAL hip hop is...
    test
  11. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

was there a point to this post at all? lmao

obviously a mixer can mix multiple things together...thats the point of having one hahaha

anyways, that post was completly off the topic- it didnt clown XPENSIV at all
    test
  12. XPENSIV

A few personal favorites sre El-P, Aesop Rock, Brother Ali and Eyedea (actually all of Def-Jux and RhymeSayers Both BUT they are doing things)but they are from America not Canada. Saukrates is decent positve vibes music but that's my point... I don't know who all those cats are you just named off but they probably make simialar shit right? That's that Underground REAL Hip-Hop shit which explains why they aren't big, No one buys their CD's and I've never heard of them. You are naming bullshit and making a lame ass attempt at some sort of beef with a cat that lives across the fucking map. Does it get cold up there? Really must SUCK to live in Canada.
    test
  13. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

Classified is multi platinum...so are swollen members, the rascalz and k-os

all of whom are canadian, at least a few million people know who they are...

and its actually like 32 degrees outside today ....thats 90 something in farenheit...so yeah, its chilly :screwy:
    test
  14. XPENSIV

You think cause you sell a 1,000,000 records in another country you go platinum? ONLY IN AMERICA. DUMB ASS. AND I WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW IN A MONTH FROM NOW YOU'LL BE WEARING 6 PAIRS OF SOCKS AND 3 SWEATERS WHILE IM IN A TEE AND SOME SHORTS.

you really must be bored
    test
  15. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

a month from now is september

i'd be suprised it it goes below 10 degrees celcius during the whole month

anyways, selling a million copies in canada is the equivilant to selling 10 million in the states, yeah, thats a big step

platinum here is actually only 100,000, but just because YOU'VE never heard of them doesn't mean SHIT, they're still bigger than you'll ever be

now go listen to your music at 140dB and blow your ears off
    test
  16. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

Hey arcane, off topic but fuck it.

What messenger do you have? I'd like to talk of a few things, and get a bit of advice even from another person here on toronto.

Thanks.
    test
  17. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

msn: skewedupproductions@gmail.com
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.