how is wu-tang respected as the best group in history, yet dipset is wack?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Offbeat, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westcoast21

westcoast21 New Member

Wu- tang is alot better then dip-set. Like someone stated before wu- tang has classic albums. And some of the members have dropped classic shit on the solo tip. Dip-set is nice but until they or someone in the group drops a classic, you cant even compare the two.
    test
  2. umadokay

umadokay New Member

SMACK DVD Battles at www.u-mad.net go to video section,then non dipset video section

Also dipset videos
    test
  3. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

lmao...this is horrible
    test
  4. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

word...

i think dipset aint nowhere near wu tang. different styles. wu tang is better lyrcially.

Rich argued his point well tho.
    test
  5. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

i dunno

i think the wu and dips are virtually identitical... if u actually listen to the music un biased

they both just rap with flow, and got that bounce to it
    test
  6. Jesus Shuttlesworth

Jesus Shuttlesworth New Member

Not really if you ask me. He stated that they're equal to artists that came out 12 years ago. In an industry where longevity is scarce I wouldn't call that much of an accomplishment for Dipset.
    test
  7. Foog

Foog Will Work For Food Jr.

"...died of the bubonic flu...or the ebola virus, under the reign of king cyrus, you can see the weakness of a man right threw his iris" - RZA

"i got a pick up truck, i use it to pick up stuff" Juelz Santana

the difference between Wu & Dipset
    test
  8. bfire

bfire New Member

if u were listenin to hiphop in 94 ud understand why, dipset is jus like party music, theyre dfferent from wu tang. "everyone talks about how dope wu tang was, but if u like wu, and dont like the dips, ur a) faking it, b) a dickrider, or c) a skater" and that doesnt apply to me in any way, because i dont like them cuz theyre rhymes are stupid n they jus yell like a bunch of goofs
    test
  9. Topheavyhookjaw

Topheavyhookjaw rap-community.tk

yes, I am saying wu are legends, yes you predicted it, guess what dick, they are....you're a genius predicting that one

dont compare talent and lyrics and music of wu to dipset
    RZA = top 5 producer ever
    GZA=top 5 lyricists ever, listen to fame, or duel of the iron mic...
    Ghostface=has had a great solo career plus his classic stuff on wu albums
    Meth=a friggin icon in america
    INS=not as prolific, but a wonderful emcee
    U-God=he's not that great, but i'd say he's as good as cam'ron
    ODB (RIP)=okay, he's no lyrical genius, but he's the ol dirty bastard, and he'll "fuck yo ass up"
    Raekwon=5 words: Only Built for Cuban Linx
    Masta Killa=most slept on emcee in the group, yet still dropped a great solo album, no said date, and is a great emcee

okay, there is my case for wu, give me your case for dipset
    test
  10. 2Xtreme

2Xtreme a.k.a. Mad Static 4:14

In the words of a comedian known as Lewis Black....."I wonder where I can find a drug that would make people so dillusional."
    test
  11. double ML

double ML Guest

wu-tang simply wrecked shit.

dipset is hot garbage.

that's like tryin' to compare michael johnson vs stephen hawking in a footrace
    test
  12. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

lol

just because rza uses big words dosent mean anything

both of those lines made no sense, the difference is julez isnt trying to bullshit you and overcomplicate things to where u think its lyrical just because u dont know what it means
    test
  13. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

cam'ron = one of the best in the game, def one of the best from n.y., his killa cam shit everyone was on his dick now he just babbles cuz thats his style. either way he sells records with zero promo. virtually starts fashion trends himself

jim jones = invented alot of slang, or at least brought harlem slang out there, funny phrases like "goonie goo goo"

julez santana = the bandana man, creates some of the best hooks

freekey zeekey = the most gully singer in the game

jr writer = ask anyone, he has hotter lines than anyone out right now
    test
  14. double ML

double ML Guest

i wouldn't say cam'ron helpin' a legion of homosexuals come out of the closet "starting fashion trends"

and goonie goo goo is not funny, it's stupid.

and that rza shit that frog quoted makes perfect sense, it's just frog has horrible spellin'[funny]
    test
  15. Prominance

Prominance I'm Blacker, Trust Me

Raekwon's albums alone shits on anything dipset as a group or its members solos that they ever released.

Raekwon >>>>>>>>>>>> Dipset
    test
  16. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

If you think "Ebola virus," "king syrus", and "iris" are big words, you seriously need to start your schooling back to the beginning. I mean, I'll help you enroll in headstart if you'd like.

Imperial1
    test
  17. -HHS-

-HHS- "Thou Shall not diss me"

Yet wu tang had a few corny lines dipset spits nuthin but corny lines
    test
  18. wyn 23 QB

wyn 23 QB New Member

you guys are all insulting and talking shit, u guys dont understand tho

its about the music, we are not pointing out individual lines verse other lines, cus thats biased

go song for song, unbiased, listen to dipset and wu-tang, theyre both talented

you cannot tell me dipset is wack---purple haze the album ---absolutely sick, 4.5-5 mics

jr writer has lines out of his ass and hes lyrical, dipset all day everyday ill rich fuck these kids man
    test
  19. Rah Tekneek

Rah Tekneek New Member

Ok,i wasnt going to jump in this but i have to....Dipset has NOTHING over Wu-Tang and never will,period,not with the way there going.Ive listened to EVERY Wu-tang Song because there sick,PERIOD.Ive Listened to 92% of Dipset and Camron songs striclty becuase they normally get on some hot beats,but even in that department they cant beat RZA as a producer.How the hell you gonna even try to compare Dipset who's average line is

"Baby who is you, i kick the flewy flew ,i like to goupie group,gonnie goo on my shoes, now look at me hoola hoop"

To the Wu-Tang clan whove already established themselves almost the immediate year that they started making moves,and they still aint done....

This thread makes me question whether you listen to rap or not...

P.S. I am from New York...
    test
  20. X sample

X sample New Member

having a few lines that are simliliar in their fuckin around attitude in NO WAY draws comparisons between these two groups....wtf...

i mean at what elementary level do we have to school u ill rich? the idiocy in comparing these two groups is unbelieveable...

hypothetically, even if wu tang and dipset spit every single line the same, word for word....wu tang would still be light years ahead due to things like delivery, mic presence and just the overall feel of the songs...having a few lines that are similiar in nature does NOT put them in the same class....wtf how dumb are u?

sometimes the outstanding features of a song are quite intangible, the things i talked about, delivery, presence etc.....and wu tang had a combination that was PERFECT for hip hop in that day and age....

if u continue to think they are even remotely similiar in any way, you're beyond retarded...

lmao again at the utterly repulsive idea that if u like wu tang u just HAVE to like dipset...

fuckin imbecile..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.