How is Randy going to handle...

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

the shoulder roll followed by the counter uppercut counter that KOs him?
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Toney his fucking shoulder is like THIS[​IMG]
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

test
  4. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

[youtube]Uqlz5oxknf0[/youtube]
    test
  5. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

This fight will be a grappling clinic.......and a snoozefest
    test
  6. The Nonpareil

The Nonpareil What about me?

I do give Toney a slight chance because Couture should be looking for takedowns from a pretty good distance, and if there's any grappling I'd give Toney a chance against it would be telegraphed old man shoots.
    test
  7. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Toney's about to knock him the fuck out.
    test
  8. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Boxing fans give Toney a little too much credit and MMA fans give him too little....yes he can knock Handy out....chances of it happening....well below 50%
    test
  9. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i think if toney even connects to the body randy will get hurt, not saying hes that strong but as well as randy looks at his age he seems to get most hurt from body shots anymore in my opinion, i know vera kicks like a fuckin horse but he just seems to favor the rib a lot more after takin shots these days
    test
  10. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

^Yeah, that body kick could have been the end of the fight for Handy if Vera wasn't so gunshy.
    test
  11. The Nonpareil

Randy Couture's counter for everything Toney does: double leg takedown.

jab? dlt
    cross? dlt
    taunt? dlt

I mean, I like boxing especially right now more than ever as I've really been into the history of it all, but realistically it's naive to think the odds are in toney's favor. I know Seeson's just being his unsurprisingly pro boxing self here though. Believe it or not, I'm genuinely rooting for Toney's success in the UFC. It'd suck short term because we'd have to deal with the I told you sos from the boxing guys, but long term it'd be great because it'd further prove the striking arts are alive and well. As far as striking goes, you can't get much more refined than the sweet science.
    test
  12. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

LOL...yeah, I hope he does well but more than likely if he loses this fight he will be cut. Dana is a genius. If he wins, Dana will just say Randy is old and washed up. If he loses, Dana will go in on boxing. Its a no lose situation for Dana.
    test
  13. jayoo

some names in boxing came out sayin toney is gonna get destroyed, the boxing community doesnt really seem to be behind em.. of course ray mercer is, but the way he put it is a slim chance too because all he said was "you connect with them 4oz gloves its over", and said the ground game is no joke soon after that
    test
  14. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

boxing purists believe toney will uppercut randy to the moon if he goes for a takedown

i do not believe they understand the physics behind putting someone on their ass
    test
  15. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

yeah, i lol @ anyone thinking an uppercut can counter a takedown

a knee, yes. uppercut, no.

they swear the 'sweet science' of boxing will always get the best out of mma fighters. it works of course, its just too limited alone in mma. eventually/most of the time theyll get cought with something. KJ noons uses nothing but boxing in mma and still got caught with a KO punch from crazy horse bennett. arlovski was training with freddie roach for a while and used his boxing against fedor, then got caught with a vicious KO punch

aside from mercer, and butterbean, every other boxer who has crossed into mma has had no success while mma fighters coming into boxing had success

both parties fought nobodies in each sport and competed on the same level, so boxing purists cant pull the "mma fighters fought cans in boxing" card

Mixed Martial Artists
    Marcus Davis: 17-1 in pro boxing
    Chris Lytle: 13-1-1 in pro boxing
    EliteXC Champion KJ Noons: 12-2 in pro boxing
    Alessio Sakara: 8-1 in pro boxing
    UFC Champion Jens Pulver: 4-0 in pro boxing
    UFC & Cage Rage Champion Vitor Belfort: 1-0 in pro boxing
    Strikeforce & WEC Champion Nick Diaz: 1-0 in pro boxing

Boxers
    IBA Champion Eric "Butterbean" Esch: 15-7 in MMA
    WBO Champion Ray Mercer: 1-0 in MMA
    WBO NABO, WPBF, & WBF Champion Yosuke Nishijima: 0-5 in MMA
    IBO & WAA Champion Przemysław Saleta: 0-1 in MMA
    Marcin Najman: 0-1 in MMA
    IBF, IBA, & NABO Champion James Toney: Soon-to-be 0-1 in MMA

Pretty one sided.

MMA > Boxing

[​IMG]
    test
  16. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

I feel what you're saying but I dont think thats a fair way to judge boxing and MMA...The MMA cats who u listed that tried out boxing didnt even fight elite competition whereas somebody like Butterbean fought a lot of well known MMA fighters...Everybody boxing fan knows that good fighters dont get tested until about their 22nd or 23rd fight...

The fight is going to be competitive...its all going to come down to conditioning if you think about it.
    test
  17. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

butterbean fought some well known guys, but none were elite, let alone successful

just like nishijima, he fought some well known guys, such as mark hunt and phil baroni, but they all have losing records, aside from mahoef of course
    test
  18. jayoo

some of those guys are pretty good mma fighters tho, who've fought top mma competition, they're just good fighters all around.. noons has beat respectable mma fighters, lytle has.. etc..

these boxers tho?.. Yosuke Nishijima has a nice resume from what you posted, but search him, whos he fought thats actually a NAME and respectable to beat in boxing? winning titles dont = greatness in boxing like it does in mma, 1-2 titles dont hold the same lust that silva middleweight belt does.. most of these boxers opponents don't even have wiki's or boxing records on boxrec or anything aside from mercer/butterbean.. and mercer is 1-0 against a former ufc heavyweight champion.. and butterbean well.. you cant expect his body size to really go over to mma that well, not against anyone respectable lol.. but hes still 15-7 which isnt to bad considering.

i dont think the argument is valid thats my opinion, no offense. being ufc champ, wec champ, or even a top contender at 1 point isnt really the same as winning some of these boxing titles, meaning the boxing titles aren't all that much of a big deal in terms of where they are in the overall scheme of boxing ranks, or in regards to how they'd do against some of the top fighters. these boxers that switched over did well against lame opponents in boxing and felt tough, mma isnt the same, even in the small organizations theres some solid fighters who are no joke.. you don't tend to get walks through the park in mma.
    test
  19. The Nonpareil

James Warring vs Erik Paulson is what I rank as boxing's #1 claim to fame over MMA, even over Mercer-Sylvia.

jeremy williams whooped a few nobodys, even guillotining a guy.
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

you suck at trolling, stop saying nonsense

james toney gonna Knock Couture out

he gonna shoulder roll every takedown and counter with the uppercut

tbh
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.