How important is the question of God to you.

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Dec 15, 2012.

?

how important to you is it?

1. Very Important/ of Utmost importace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Important

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Important but Not Essential

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. completely Unimportant/ Not very important

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

I am not dodging your point. I understand. They must be studied alone...and each discipline will compliment the other and build a unifying theory from each area of study in the grand theme of things.

I respect what you believe sir.

Maybe we can make a thread. What would be a good topic that we have not done before ?
    I think we will have to see what happens.

I was actually think about dong some study on the contexts and times of Darwin. But that is more independent.
    test
  2. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Ras Kass:Did God create man, or did man need to create God?
    Satan:The answer is both, cause how mortals look at God is odd.
    God:You try to customize me to be comfortable. For what you want to do, and how you choose to act.
    test
  3. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

that's the thing... no. they don't form a unifying theory. you can group them together and use them to form a narrative of the history of the cosmos but that's not the same as a unifying theory.

i don't know. i'd be open to discussing any specific aspects of biological evolution if we can keep it on topic. i have certain questions i don't think you've sufficiently answered in detail, and i'm also open to any questions you have that you don't think i've tackled, so long as they're actually on topic. i'm not interested in discussing cosmology and i'm really not interested in discussing the culture of victorian era england.
    test
  4. Coup d'état

Depends on who you talk to...after all evolution is a fact right ? I'm sure you get what I mean. And I'm sure others will say different things. But I meant just what you said, that "to form a narrative of the history of the cosmos" you need disciplined study such as astrology, biology, physics, etc etc...

I'm fine with a discussion. Not sure if I'm going to pose questions straight way or not...but I'll keep my eyes out and if anything pops off I'll try to add something meaningful. What did you feel specifically i did not address, tell me because it will be something to keep in mind.

The context and culture of the times are very important, surely you can appreciate history. Of course you can.
    test
  5. reggie jax

alright well if you agree with my description then i'll drop it... but you should know that a "unifying theory" and a narrative are not even remotely the same.

as for questions... i'll start with just 1.

i don't think you ever addressed what stops macroevolution; where obstacle is that prevents the changes cause by microevolution from adding up and resulting in more drastic changes over time. i pressed you on this and never got a good answer.
    test
  6. Coup d'état

not to evoke debate but to offer something to chew on:

Cool man I will keep this question in mind and maybe a revelation will come that is worth sharing LOL

But for now you are assuming Macro evolution happens...you would have to prove it does first in order for me to answer the question. I can give a lot of reasons why its impossible for Macro but the phenomena must be a real process in reality not in textbooks, computer models and imagination.

For example, there is no evidence to support such a claim from

1 Geologic column/fossil record
    2 fossils
    3 morphological similarities/comparative anatomy
    4 DNA
    5 vestigial "artifacts"
    6 bacteria and mutations
    test
  7. reggie jax

lets keep this focused, though. i don't have any problem dealing with those topics but recall that last time it took you 13 posts to make your case and it took me 6 posts just to make my case for the geologic column and radiometric dating... had i finished responding to the rest of your posts i might have gone past 13. i don't want this to devolve into another long winded argument that is all over the place. so stay on the one question until that is resolved.. if we can't move beyond the first question then the discussion was doomed to start with.

and i will have to say, no, i don't have to assume macroevolution happens to raise that question. i only have to assume microevolution happens, since they are said to happen by the same mechanisms. my question fundamentally is what stops continued microevolution over time from resulting in macroevolution.
    test
  8. Coup d'état

Cool, cool

I think I will have to address DNA to answer this question, good stuff man. I liked how we keep this clean and non personal.
    test
  9. reggie jax

chalk it up to the merriment of christmas.
    test
  10. Coup d'état

yikes...I'm defending myself from the seducing spirit of x-mas :X
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

[​IMG]

Btw; I have a rough draft of zee collabo done...just need to make it rhyme..:funny:
    test
  12. Coup d'état

LOL gal....Happy

I seen it...im looking at in now :D

"merry xmas you filthy animal" guess the movie
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^Home alone NY?

[​IMG]
    test
  14. Coup d'état

the first one...close

lmao
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Doesn't the movie he watches say "keep the change you filthy animal" when the pizza boy arrives, and something about hotel staff being led to believe there's a shooting going on in the 2nd one ~ before he runs out?

[​IMG]
    test
  16. Coup d'état

part 2

I hate when I'm wrong...you right G
    test
  17. Coup d'état

and lol at your cat pics...quite the collection you have there. Is it a hobby ?
    test
  18. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

:funny:

Macaulay Culkin >>>
    test
  19. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

It's zee grumpy cat...it's cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute...

[​IMG]
    test
  20. Coup d'état

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.