How do you think the deployed troop vote will effect this election?

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by So. IL.L, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So. IL.L

So. IL.L WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

I've heard that the system for getting deployed troop votes accounted for is an absolute mess.. If I'm not mistaken part of the controversy in the 2000 election involved overseas troop votes not all being counted...

I was in the service for 4 years.. I was deployed during the war in afghanistan.. Based on my personal experience I would think more troops will vote for Kerry.

I know that a lot of them will vote for Kerry just because they will want the man who will get them home the fastest... Right or wrong, I guarantee you that this will happen.. who knows to what extent though..

the families of all these soldiers will have a big effect as well.. I've met a lot of families who don't want their children harmed in this war who are voting for Kerry..

However.. there have been a few polls on this subject that say the deployed troops support bush 4 to 1... Those reports have been highly criticized. The reports have stemmed many acusations of media persuasion tactics.. I don't doubt that this is the case..

My personal opinion... I think the troops will vote Kerry... I think kerry should get two votes for every dead american that died as a result of the war on oil.. oops.. I mean "terrorism"..

**Support Operation Liberate America this Nov. 2nd..** ANYBODY BUT BUSH 2004!!!!! My name is Mr. Roush and I approve of this message..
    test
  2. So. IL.L

at least read the last statement and endorse it in any way you can.. pz.
    test
  3. DOORKEEPER

DOORKEEPER Audible Artist

it will probably sway a few votes left or right, but anything can change somebody's vote in this election, the media could put up a picture of kerry picking his nose and there would be at least 2 people out of 20 that would go back to bush...
    test
  4. DOORKEEPER

DOORKEEPER Audible Artist

if troops start voting for kerry then folks in u.s. might start voting for kerry, if they vote for bush, folks in u.s. might start voting for bush... this election is wack in my opinion...
    test
  5. Rich Dullwasp

Rich Dullwasp New Member

Seriously, I can't wait for Bush to win this election.
    test
  6. So. IL.L

Well.. Come november 2nd I guess we'll all find out.. pz.
    test
  7. So. IL.L

U.S. troops experience voting difficulties
    Posted on Tue, Oct. 19, 2004
    BY PATRICK KERKSTRA
    Belleville News-Democrat - Knight Ridder

BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. service members based in Iraq and across the globe
    can't be confident that their votes will be counted in this year's
    presidential election, analysts and military advocates said this week.

Those warnings came despite a stepped-up Pentagon campaign -- developed in
    response to the 2000 election, when as many as 30 percent of service members
    stationed overseas were unable to vote -- to encourage troops to register
    and vote early. Observers praised the military's efforts but said a
    cumbersome voting process, a confusing patchwork of state laws and likely
    ballot challenges almost certainly would disenfranchise some military
    voters.

"They've made three steps forward in terms of their effort and attention to
    the problem but two steps backward as a practical matter," said Peter
    Feaver, a political science professor at Duke University in Durham, N.C.,
    who closely follows military voting. Anecdotal accounts from soldiers
    stationed in Iraq confirmed that at least some troops here who applied to
    their local elections boards for absentee ballots months ago still haven't
    received them.

"I sent my application in June and I never got anything back," said 1st
    Cavalry Sgt. Jim Villareal from Orange County, Calif. But unlike past
    elections in which Villareal and others like him probably would've been
    disenfranchised, the military has distributed tens of thousands of federal
    write-in ballots this year. The replacement ballots allow soldiers who
    haven't received local ballots to vote on candidates for federal office,
    though they don't permit voting on state and local issues. "It's a pretty
    poor substitute for a regular ballot, but it beats nothing," said Sam
    Wright, who heads the Military Voting Rights Project.
    test
  8. Nokas

Nokas Guest

test
  9. So. IL.L

I'll take the one on the right please..
    test
  10. Nokas

Nokas Guest

test
  11. Phantom

Phantom T'is I, Ray Ocean

it wont matter and heres why.

mail still takes upwards of 2-3 weeks to get back here to the states from the Joint Military Mail Terminal in Baghdad. there are so many stops it makes before getting to the states and sorted.

so most likely the majority will be received AFTER nov 3 when the election will have already been announced.

plus there is no military state, everyone comes from all over which in turn doesnt provide enough people in swing states to make much of a difference.

i guarantee that the entire military doesnt have the absentee ballot yet.

the election is now in less than 2 weeks
    test
  12. - DC Finest -

- DC Finest - RiCo StAtUs

It Wont

Speakin as a ~~~~~ in tha military its like this. More than half of the military are republican voters, too many conservative people. It's a fact, alot of people will vote bush. I never liked none of tha bushes but i dont even wanna see Kerry be pres neither. I think their sorry canidates to run our damn country. I mean you really got to be in a military, on one hand you got troops mad we deployin all the time but then we end up coming back with 15-20 gs dependin on how long you deploy and where. Its a lose-win/win-lose situation, some people are happy they deploy theres alot of gun ho ~~~~~s out there in the military so to them its a good thing, for others its a nightmare cuz they all think they gon die. I'm bout to deploy this november sometime , aint really nuttin you can do or say. fuck it i done got off topic, but like i said more than half the military is conservative so they gonna vote bush.
    test
  13. Kil'Jaed

Kil'Jaed Newportz

^ I can't account for everybody, but damn near everbody in my company is voting for Kerry... You seriousally think after being deployed for over a year in this bullshit and being away from our families for this long that we want the same thing to continue?

Most of us hope there will be a change...

Bush did nothing but gives us a couple raises... dosent make up for the year i'd been away from my child..
    test
  14. - DC Finest -

- DC Finest - RiCo StAtUs

I cant account for everybody either but if you pay attention to the percentage of the military that do vote they vote republican, its been that way for the longest. I kno madd ~~~~~s in my unit that votin kerry too or not votin at all but the big wigs up at headquarters votin replubican, those 60 yeard old officers vote republican, lets not forget half the redkeck e7's to e9s who vote replublican.

And jeah I aint votin for bush and never have, him nor his father, i rather see a democrat then a replublican but when it comes down to it a republican gonna get more military voters i mean this aint always a case but it has been. Look at it like this military is outsourcin our jobs to civilians, these same civilians are always ironically friends of higher ups and guess where the higher ups go they go to the civilians to get jobs from the new companies that take over the ones our service members used to have, this whole shit is bullshit but aint a big thing we can do about it. Military vote is a small percentage anyways to even really shift anything.

But fuck it, glad i aint the only ~~~~~ here in the military against this bullshit but fuck it when it comes down to it we gotta do it, we the ones who volunteered and now we they ones payin for this shit, not the civilians who who seem to know everything bout what we go thru or what really goes on cuz they not the ones in the combat zone, we are, so we the only ones who truly kno what the fuck its like to get deployed, get injured, killed and have our own country not just faultin the president but us as well
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.