How do you suggest to a girl to fix herself up without sounding mean?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Dark_Sun, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

There's this chick that I am cool with since way back in high school. She is probably the sweetest girl I've ever met but she needs some serious make over work beyond all belief. Her main issue is her freaking hair. She can only wear it one way because it's pretty much gone in the back and she needs to wear her hair down to try to cover it up. It don't look like it was intentionally cut like that either. It just looks like her hair just fell off in the back and that it's thinning all over her head. Honestly the best thing for her right now would be to cut it all off and start all over because I think it is beyond repair. So my question is how would you want some news like that to be broken to you about suggestion that you do some shit to fix yourself up? I mean if it was a mild issue I could probably over look it but this shit right here nigga...This is a fucking deal breaker...
    test
  2. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

tell her.

dont beat around the bust, dont sugar coat ya words, just be tactfully respectful, and tell her.....if its true why should she get upset? if its not true, why should she get upset? stoiscizm my friend, my favorite philosophy of life.....

especially if she's someone ya dating....for things like appearance, Hygeiene(sp, lol I dont know how to spell that), etc I feel one should always let it be known...if the pussy aint on point, let it be known...if you think she's cute but dresses like a bum, let it be known....this might sound cold but a lil negative critique never hurt a bitch, if anything, women need to hear the raw truth from their men more, not all that "you look great baby" when the hoe looks like a scank.....
    test
  3. Dark_Sun

Were not dating or nothing like that. We just real cool and I've been wanting to mention it to her. I am typically forward but she seems very fragile and sensitive to everything and I am almost certain she would take offense to it no matter what I could suggest to her. I was thinking about offering to pay for her to get a hair cut and styled or something and that's saying a lot because Dark Sun don't trick for no hoe!
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^Well, do that then... give her a gift certificate for a makeover treatment or something... either that or just accept her for who she is... if she's your friend, that ain't trickin'.
    test
  5. Dark_Sun

It aint trickin if you got that's what I say...
    test
  6. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

Tell her you think her hair would look really nice if she (insert your suggestion here).
    test
  7. Dark_Sun

"I think your hair would look really nice if you cut it all off and started over."? Seriously...that is the only option that could possibly revive her hair. She could get braids or something but her hair is still gonna be fucked up after she takes the braids out. I like women with natural hair anyway but most women are a little insecure about rocking their natural shit....
    test
  8. Langford

Langford New Member

There is no way to successfully do this.

You gotta leave her alone.
    test
  9. Dark_Sun

That's the conclusion I came to. Perhaps if I talk to one of her female friends about it and they can find a way to talk to her about it..We are all pretty cool because we all went to Jr. High together. I know I'm not the only one that has noticed this and would prefer that she did something about it. And if for some reason it does get back to me it will open up the door for some dialog about some solutions. I don't wanna hurt her feelings or nothing like that so that's why it's hard for me to bring it directly to her and like I said if it doesn't go over too well with one of her other friends bringing it to her then I will put my two cents in after that so I don't look like the bad guy.
    test
  10. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I think Mist had the best advice. You can be honest without being brutal... it's all about tact.

Tell her how great she would look with some particular style... or ask her what style would she pick if she could choose one. Tell her you're feeling her and wanna do something nice for her - so you're gonna let her get her hair done. Say something like you heard women really like when a guy spoils them and you are feeling her so you want to send her out for some pampering... blah blah blah. We like to be pampered :)

Just be sure to stroke her ego and don't make it seem like it's because you think her current look in hellacious.

Either that or submit her photo for one of them daytime talk show makeover episodes and pray she (and you) gets lucky.
    test
  11. Dark_Sun

Dude if I sent in a picture they would reject it on grounds for insuficient resources to pull off any transformation worth bragging about...I'm gonna talk to one of her girlfriends first and find out what's up with that though for real. There has got to be a medical explaination of why her shit is like that and maybe she just don't wanna tell me about it. We was talking about it one day after looking at some pictures of her with braids and she looked nice so I was trying to throw some hints her way but she was trying to dodge the bullet...
    test
  12. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Hints don't work papa. What do you expect her to say? "Yeah - I was hot then... damn how I have fallen off!". Not too many women are going to say that aloud or acknowledge that to a man they are digging.

Don't address the problem - offer her a solution. That way she can save face (not having to discuss this most likely embarassing problem with the guy she likes) and you can get what you want in the end, too.
    test
  13. Teen Prodigy

Teen Prodigy Short2003's e-child

Show her this thread. That's what you should do.

It's both indirect and perfectly direct.
    test
  14. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

best advice in this thread..
    test
  15. megatrif'l

megatrif'l New Member

close thread
    test
  16. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

nigga u should know better...

wat happened to the " dont worry it would make your hair grow. it has protein" line

dont aim 4 the face
    test
  17. Dark_Sun

I can't even bring myself to mess with her like that until she does something about it....
    test
  18. DaAlmightyDolla

give me her sn on aim/ yim or msn. ill tell her 4 u
    test
  19. Dark_Sun

She don't have any accounts or profiles on any websites or anything like that.
    test
  20. DaAlmightyDolla

that bitch aint human
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.