How do you SPEED UP a track using Sound Forge 6?

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by style-rip, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

its a quick question.. how do u increase the tempo of a track?
    test
  2. VzSick

VzSick Because I just am

if you're lookin 2 sample somethin, u can't really do it. it'll let u increase the tempo, but not exactly to the tempo u want...if you're lookin 2 do this, you want Acid.
    test
  3. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

you can't just change a tempo without changing the pitch in sound forge. you can speed something up, but the pitch and the tempo will change. its called "pitch shift" and I think its under "tools" in sound forge.

to change the tempo of something without changing the pitch, you can do it a number of ways. I think in sound forge 6 theres a tool called "time stretch" where you either shorten the length of the audio file, thus making it faster but not changing the pitch, or lengthen it, which will make it longer. the problem is that it effects sound quality. Acid has a similar option which is "beatmapping" which allows you to determine the tempo of an audio file, and then change it, but again it hurts the sound quality. for a lack of a more technical term, it sounds stretched basically lol. it especially affects bass and lower frequencies because those wavelengths are longer.
    test
  4. VzSick

VzSick Because I just am

...meh...listen to Jesus.
    test
  5. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

lol I want to make sure homeboy sees this
    test
  6. Synopsis

Synopsis New Member

yes there is

there is an option in SF to change the tempo without changing the pitch. you need to highlight the section you want to change then select Time Stretch(i use differant programs so i need to double check that). what ever area you choose will be equal to 100%. if you wanna speed it up, stretch the wave by increasing the percentage (ex 105%). and visa versa. shrink the size of the wave by dcreasing the percent (ex 95%) will speed it up. no pitch change involved.
    test
  7. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

^^ keep in mind that fucks up the quality. its the same process acid uses I think.
    test
  8. Synopsis

Synopsis New Member

yeah. keep in mind the more drastic the change the more messed up the wave will sound. but minor changes of 5% are fine.
    test
  9. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

good looks erybody
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.