How do you interact with

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by sagacious infant, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

[the women you work/go to school with? Generally, are you cordial or do you converse about life or keep it professional?]

Fit the question as best you can to your personal situation - and guys this really is not a question for you, but thanks for reading.
    test
  2. Nicki

Nicki ~Tease~

Hmm well when i first started work i was kinda casual talking with co-workers but after a while became good friends openly talking and shit i guess thats kinda how its goes but obvioulsy theres people ive gelled with and those i havent, then again i worked in a club so u kinda have to get along behind a bar lol and it helps to be a chatty typa person lol
    test
  3. mama21

mama21 panama-red@blackplanet

i talk to a few, one of them actually lives in my building so we talk about everything , others it's just hi and bye..i went out for breakfast with one of them, it was me and her daughter..so spoke about relationships and what not,she's cool too one of the first females i met there..then yesterday i went out to lunch with another girl she's alright ..i try not to talk about a lot of things with her ..she likes to know ..sometimes we have good convo when it's about excercising and stuff she got me into going to the gym there,so that's the only time i share a few things with her,other times it's just "what you doing this weekend?", i don't know if she wants to hang out..she mentions going to her church a lot so i dont know.
    test
  4. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

I fuckin make feminist jokes of course.......and ALWAYS use the line.......

And can you get me some milk and cookies?
    test
  5. test
  6. {[A.R.B.]}

{[A.R.B.]} King Tres

yea but, used in this context means like friendly and sincere
    test
  7. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

my reply: and what else would you like? for me to change your diaper, then pull out my tit so i can breast feed you? the fuck out my face lol

to the question: when it comes to a lot of females [in general], i dun get along with them...i dunno...you guys know how girls be actin...there's this one girl at my job...she's mad cool. We like alot of the same things, and we get a long really well. We haven't hung out yet, but she wants me to go to TJ [Tiajuanna, Mexico] with her next weekend. At all my other jobs that I've held down, i've never really talked to any co-wokers like that unless we knew each other outside of work.
    test
  8. Typical L.D Guy

Typical L.D Guy LD = ladies delight

*posts in this thread even though i have nothing to say and no reason to be in here*
    test
  9. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

Since I just started a new job a few months ago I'm not really that close w/ anyone I work with.. I'll chat with them about certain things.. Like, if my kids do something funny or get hurt I'll tell them.. But if me and the mister are fighting or other personal things of that nature I wouldn't tell them.. I never told things like that to the people I worked with for 4 years at my old job. That is stuff I rarely even tell my best friends..
    test
  10. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I'm too nice.

I'll talk with them but I'm not usually the one to spark up the conversation.

I've never made close friends with anyone I've worked with. I probably wouldn't even consider anyone I ever worked with a FRIEND.

It was always just a cordial thing..like talk about superficial things but nothing personal.
    test
  11. .Requiem.

.Requiem. New Member

And I'd retort with....

Nah I wouldn't like my diaper changed, but keep your tit out so I can titty fuck you. Then I'll really get the fuck out of your face.
    test
  12. The_MRB

The_MRB infiltrate your border

imma answer bitcccccccccccccch
    test
  13. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

I work in a small doctors office, so its hard not to become pretty friendly with the 3 people I work with. The one that is closest to my age is nice, but we don't really talk a lot.. just friendly chat.. The manager and the doctor I am really close with, we go out to dinner or a movie or something after work every other week or so. But they're all really great ladies.
    test
  14. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I'm cordial... I don't make a lot of close intimate friends at school because I pretty much stay to myself outside of class... I don't socialize a lot outside of a club I'm a member of... I make a conscious effort to stay to myself so that I don't get distracted or side tracked... that happened to me the first time I attempted to go to college right after high school, i ended up kicking it too hard and dropping out.

At work, I tend to make a few close personal friends... I don't need to be as secluded as I do at school. I get along well with women, so it's no problem for me... I'm just selective about who I entrust with certain information.
    test
  15. sagacious infant

There was an article talking about women in the work place (specifically Black women) and how comraderie (sp?) flies out the window due to competition. It suggested that women feel threatened by one another in the work place and often feel there is room for only one woman.

I had a lot of problems with this article - the main one being that it spoke of the workplace, but obviously they were focusing on corporate situations. There was another article I read about sisterhood that I'm going to try to post up. Thanks for responding folks.
    test
  16. mama21

mama21 panama-red@blackplanet

^i read that, i forgot what magazine it was in, i was in a hair salon..i was into it and it was true but messed up at the same time.
    test
  17. tight-eyes

Most of the jobs I've had were in corporate settings, and I've never had that problem... in fact, I developed really close bonds with several of my past co-workers... women who held the same position as me, and those in positions above me.

I can see how being in competition for a position at work might affect relationships, but I don't see that as an inherently feminine characteristic... I've worked in Human Resouces, I've see it across the board. Then again, maybe it becomes more of an issue the higher you climb up that corporate ladder where the competition is more fierce and the resources limited.
    test
  18. sagacious infant

Yeah - the article focused on Black women because there's that unwritten rule about only one Black person being able to succeed at a time in a corporate setting. Like being the token Black ladie is something special and when another comes in it's not as special...there's no more uniqeness - so they start gunnin' for each other.

The article is in the anniversary edition of Essence.
    test
  19. tight-eyes

I have a subscription to Essence... I haven't read through the latest issue that came but I'll check it out.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.