How do you get your songs on the radio and what kinda quality do you have to have????

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Toxik-Waste, Jul 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharleyBrown

CharleyBrown Power Kingdom Stand Up

not too hard, just check out university websites...usually they'll have links...

or just search on the net, yahoo.com and shit, you'll find em!
    test
  2. CharleyBrown

CharleyBrown Power Kingdom Stand Up

oh yeah....and by far the best station u can find for college stations is

Philly Flavaz...

trust me...
    test
  3. Enigmatical

Enigmatical Damn Commie

rob a bank and then use the money to pay radio stations to put your shit on
    test
  4. Verbuse!

Verbuse! DDL'z Finest Miztah G

Ayo about the publishing thing.. are you suppose to publish songs that you want the public to hear or publish like whole albums?? i've always wondered about that question
    test
  5. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

all of the songs

ever read a cd booklet? they all have publishing copywrites an shit like that...i think its each song individually though, cuz sum have different companies for different songs.
    test
  6. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Go to Radio-Locator.com
    test
  7. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

do you know what DJs are doing when they are skratching? because when your song is playing, the skratching noises are created by them skratching ANOTHER record. not the one that is playing. have you ever seen a DJ working?
    test
  8. Toxik-Waste

Toxik-Waste VA'z Finest

Thanks yo that site is very helpful.....Will I have to send press kits and demos to the college stations?
    test
  9. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

u have NO idea wat the FUCK your talking about

my group has a DJ

and if your song is playing on the radio..and they wanna make the first 4 bars of the beat loop...to have that dramatic beginin type shit that they always do, the beat of YOUR song is wat has to be scratched and spun back to the begining. as well as if they wanna scratch to edit out your curses or make certain words repeat. the only time a different record gets scratched is for sound effects, a different beat behind your vocals, different vocals mixed with your song, or to fade the begining of the next song into the end of yours. fucking moron. now stop trying to act smart, and shut the fuck up until you have sum usefull info.
    test
  10. MASTACRAFT

MASTACRAFT I got a free Ipod bitches

this = CharleyBrown

if u want your music to stand out, a press kit will help tremendously...

u'd be surprised how many people just pop a burnt CD into a ²²²el case, put it in first class mail 97 cents or whatever it is, and think its gonna get played...that stuff gets thrown into a basket, and is probably never again looked at. Now, if u include some info about urself, put some contact info down, etc., ur already one step ahead of the game, even if it is a burnt cd! Get it pressed and looking good, and ur even better. Of course all of this means nothing if ur music is no good. i never heard ur music, just saying that all the extras mean shit if what they hear is not appeasing.
    test
  11. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

punch. you sound like a complete idiot. when a song is playing and there is skratching noises in it, that is not the DJ skratching the record that the song is on. that would FUCK THE BEAT UP. that is the dj skratching a sample ON THE OTHER TABLE in his set up. do you know anything?
    test
  12. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON

when they take the beat of YOUR SONG

and it drops like "boom boom boom boom ...tap ...boom boom tap" and then goes into the normal loop at the begnini of ur song, thats when they keep making the bass knock by bringing the record back over an over and scratching the snare

THEY ARE SCRATCHING YOUR RECORD

you fucking idiot
    youve lost permission to post
    kill yourself
    test
  13. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Alot of those cats are cd djs and those are artificial scratching when it comes to radio there are cases however where the djs really do have vinyl and scratch tracks
    test
  14. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

lol punch man you have no idea...just no idea.
    test
  15. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

no u have no idea

did you not hear me right?

I've been to live shows with DJ's, Concerts, Clubs, and I have a DJ...i work with one...i'm not an idiot like you, i know wat they all do. just becuz u got all hyped and saw a dj do it that way one time does not mean thats how its done.
    test
  16. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

i am a dj you idiot.
    test
  17. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

u must not be a very good one
    test
  18. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

^yea okay then...
    test
  19. Tha Real Explicit

Tha Real Explicit type ill

Totally right about the commercial radio stations.. I'm sure once or another you've heard the DJ say "Im SUPPOSED to play so an so but I just got this new track in with so and so on it.. but Ima play it and prolly get in some trouble"..

In Rhode Island he played a new Beyonce track over Ja Rule because even though he was supposed to play Ja Rule.. and he said how he'll probably be in trouble but oh well.. which shows they have no power over what they play, in that case he broke the rules, and it wasn't to play some nobody, it was Beyonce.. it'd never happen for someone who isn't nationally known.

College radios work, here where I am we have SHIT for radio stations, the only good 1 is on Sunday nights.. so barely even matters if you get spins, but hey, spins are spins.. people must be listenin if their kept on air. They mainly play friends, because their like 1 big crew that always show up at the station, some freestyle, you can call in and freestyle an such..
    test
  20. Skrybe

Skrybe ConnectedthruaForeignExch

LMAO How the fuck is 92.1 an "unknown" station?? It's a direct affiliate of 103 Jamz, and it's part of ClearChannel Communications . . . LOL If you've got no other solutions, SEND YOUR SHIT THERE. Trust me, on any given night, SOMEONE'S listening.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.