How do you get your songs on the radio and what kinda quality do you have to have????

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Toxik-Waste, Jul 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toxik-Waste

Toxik-Waste VA'z Finest

test
  2. Toxik-Waste

Toxik-Waste VA'z Finest

test
  3. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

gotta put some shit out, make some noise, rip a few shows, and talk to the program directors at some area rap stations about gettin yo shit spun. your quality gotta be pretty str8, they aint gon be playin no shit done on a radio shaq dynamic.
    test
  4. SicksentZ

SicksentZ RIP Hip Hop: 1980 - Nelly

Radio play is full of so much bullshit politics, With the exception of certain smaller scale stations and University stations, DJ's onli play what has been established as good or what they've been payed off to play. If u can link up with a cool DJ, asking him personally is one of the best ways to do it. Get out there and network. Peace
    test
  5. AgentLead

AgentLead ITS ABOUT TIME IN STORES

dont expect to EVER have your song in any type of rotaion on any type of commercial radio without MAJOR financial backing...

songs are like ad's nowadays....record labels pump buku bucks into stations to have there songs in rotation...

a program director WILL NOT play you if you dont have proper representation...

and dont bother asking the djs to play it...cuz 99% of the time they have NO CONTROL AT ALL over what gets played...even though they may make it seem like they do

dont hold ur breath is all im saying..no matter how good ur quality is
    test
  6. Toxik-Waste

Toxik-Waste VA'z Finest

wrd i'm only 14 so I can't like do shit til' i'm like 16 lol
    test
  7. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

test
  8. Fonikz

Fonikz ExcuseMeAsIKissTheSkyyy

yo mic.. u can use a radio shack mic and still get play.. as long as the qualitys good they wont notice that u used a cheap mic..lol..
    test
  9. Toxik-Waste

Toxik-Waste VA'z Finest

lol^^^^^mic1tharula I mean I can't like perform live til' i'm like 16-18
    test
  10. Chucky Ounce

Chucky Ounce Theres probes in Uranus

^ why? im 15 and i've performed...
    test
  11. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

yeah...everyone quit dreamin

lead is right

u think its a co-incidence that only the same 20 or so songs play nonstop on the same stations every day for like 2 months?

radio shows are exactly like tv shows...just no picture..if u want a commercial or tv program to air...u gotta throw down sum loot

its like like the radio is sum ultimate destination, and just if, just if, sumone herd u, theyll play ur song, and then, bam ur a star, and u get signed. no. maybe that's wat growing up watching too much disney channel has you believing, but the truth is, u ain gettin on the radio unless you call in on the phone, win a contest, or ur on a label. if u wanna be on the radio, make a demo and send it out. and pray to god u get signed.
    test
  12. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

^^^ alot of radio stations have a local spins show...i know my local rap station does. they spin local shit for like an hour once a week, a lot of cats listen to that shit and if they like what they hear they'll go down and pick up the record.
    test
  13. ~Dystinkt~

~Dystinkt~ New Member

theres this hip hop station coming to my city and they gonna be all 100% hip hop , promotin local cats and shit no wthats what yall need
    test
  14. Toxik-Waste

Toxik-Waste VA'z Finest

werd I mean at like clubs I can't perform..but I will be performing in talent shows
    test
  15. entitee

entitee New Member

networking and the ability to generate money will get you on the radio.
    test
  16. Toxik-Waste

Toxik-Waste VA'z Finest

Werd I feel you on that
    test
  17. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

yeah..anyone can get on local stations..i think hes talking about hitting it big though..like, on sum hot 97 type shit or sumthing
    test
  18. Nitwit

Nitwit New Member

u have to register whatever songs you want played with a publishing company otherwise as far as a radio station's concerned...they're not gonna play it. and yeah, there are a lot of stations now that have like a "local" night...u can try and get through those channels. There are a million options in gettin your shit heard, even if it isn't necessarily on teh radio. U make yourself heard the radio won't have a choice but to play you.
    test
  19. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

thats just not true.
    test
  20. Toxik-Waste

Toxik-Waste VA'z Finest

^^^lmao yeah I mean on like one of VA's kinda unknown rap stations(they play some big time artists, but alot of underground artists)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.