How do you get along with your (present or past)significant others family?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Short2003, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

This thread could get some interesting replies...lol.. I get along with mine pretty well (for now) but only because alot of the time I bite my tongue about stuff they do that pisses me off. I've been thinking lately that I'm gonna stop biting my tongue and start saying shit to them. They are total hypocrites, always talking about how important family is but it seems as if we didn't call or stop by their house we would never talk to them or see them. But when it comes to MONEY they think that as soon as they get into a bit of money trouble everyone should help them out b/c we are family, yet they make no effort with us at any other time.. They make no effort with my kids, my kids don't even know them. My son is the 3rd of 7 grandkids and it seems like after their first 2 grandkids they just got bored of the whole grandkid thing. And his sister, don't even get me stared on her or else I'll be posting in this thread forever...lol
    Ehhh, this just turned into a venting post..lol.. Oh well, Im sure Im not the only one who gets irritated with their in-laws.... So vent, tell a story about your in-laws or whatever..
    test
  2. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

i dont..my in laws arent even worth the effort. we have had MANY discussions about this short lmao
    test
  3. Chokolate

Chokolate Melts N Ya Mouth

There is only one person in his family that I dont get along with but no one likes him either lol...the rest of his family is cool as a fan. I talk to his mother on the phone like every other day and I take the kids to visit her like 2-3 times a week. His father still lives in St Croix but I talk to him on the phone too. His brothers have become my brothers and the cousins that I have meet are cool too. So all and all we get along great.
    test
  4. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I got along great with my mother inlaw. She was the best anyone could ask for. Like a second Mom. Maybe even more of a mom then my own. But she passed away in 2000.

Now my father & Brother inlaw. Oh lordy. I get along okay with them I suppose. They get on my nerves ALOT tho. But they also get on my husband's nerves lol. So I dunno. They are half and half. I don't make an effort to see them, or have to talk to them. Although my brother inlaw has been around a lot lately since he's moved back home with his Dad and is getting a divorce and going through a nasty court battle with his EX for their daughter. Guess who's in the middle of the two?! A'yup, ME! oi

But it goes both ways. My man can't stand my family LOL (can't say I blame him that MUCH, but he could cut me some slack once in a while about them....)
    test
  5. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

With my ex's family, really well... his mother an I weren't on the best of terms for a minute, but she got over it and now we're cool.
    test
  6. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I have gotten along with all of them I have ever met.....I love Kiowa's mom, she's always treated me great since day 1. The rest of them I haven't seen that much. I feel grateful that I'll probably never have to worry about wicked inlaws lol
    test
  7. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

I get along with them pretty well.. After I got over being afraid of his mom.. lol okay not entirely over that, but I think thats the way it should be.. thats her baby. I sent her flowers for Easter and she was all happy.. I think the one I get along with the best is one of his cousins thats probably because his cousin is so much like him.. His family is great.. so far so good.
    test
  8. badassyella

badassyella New Member

I get along really well with my boyfriends dad, and his little brother...
    his mom...eh...she's nice as hell, but im scared to death of her... :frown: lol
    test
  9. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

test
  10. Jade Phoenix

Jade Phoenix JaDeD

Yeah I get along with all my boo's parents. at first they were kinda iffy with me, because I'm the first interracial relationship he's had (he's black and Im palestinian) anyway, they warmed up to me, and now I chill over there without him even being around. his mother loves me.
    test
  11. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

I've only met his mom once - and his mom's boyfriend. It's too early to tell. She seems nice from what I know - I dig her style. My sister knew him before I did so she's cool with him - and my mom met him once...she likes him. He's a lovable kinda guy.
    test
  12. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Me and my most recent ex is still cool. Like bestfriends. I t was real painful at first. Not being able to say I love you anymore. It really hurt. but it's cool now. Thanks to time.
    test
  13. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

the only time i use to get along with her family was when we all was drunk or smoking weed. we had some good ass times. once we sobbered up i couldn't standing none of the lol and they didn't like me either lol now we love each other haha
    test
  14. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

the only time i use to get along with her family was when we all was drunk or smoking weed. we had some good ass times. once we sobbered up i couldn't standing none of them lol and they didn't like me either lol now we love each other haha
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.