How do you define a 'club banger'

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Bruce banee, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce banee

Bruce banee zionist nazi bastard

its my understanding that a club banger is any beat with a deep kick drum. Is that right?
    test
  2. -008-

-008- New Member

[​IMG]

^^^^he's a club banger.
    test
  3. kid848

kid848 Ya Boi Honesty

Nowadays...basically...

I don't like him... but 50 basically changed everyone's perception of the club banger...

Anything w/ hard drums and a catchy hook..
    test
  4. Jabba-Jaw

Jabba-Jaw Custom User Title

i think it's more to do with the vibe of the track, which includes the lyrical content.

like if you think "club beat" you might think of synths and 808 drums, perhaps, but there's been other club beats that dont have that
    test
  5. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I don't think so at all....that's how party music has been defined since the 80s. In the 70s, it was hooks and upbeat songs that still had a lotta instrumentation, as far as R&B/Funk/Disco went. But when synthesized drums got big in the 80s, it has been a common thing in Rap, R&B, Techno, and especially 80s Pop, for most club songs to have hard hittin synthesized drums, catchy hooks, and an upbeat tempo. So 50 didn't change anybody's perception of anything...most party beats, other than the laid back ones like "One more chance", have always had that same base to it. Everything from Luke's Miami Bass music, to Gin and Juice, to Whoop there it is, to everything we've heard in the 90s has that same base. Neptunes songs didn't always have deep bass to it, but some of their bigger songs do, such as "Drop it like it's hot".
    test
  6. Sean "G"

Sean "G" New Member

captain caveeemmmaannn is my shitt right there

and club banger is a hot beat you dance to, club=dance
    test
  7. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Quick tempo...heavy on the low end and catchy lyrics...i find that the songs that get people the hypest are some shit i wouldnt even expect

Gotta be a lot of energy in the lyrics and hook tho...but there are some exceptions
    test
  8. Bruce banee

Bruce banee zionist nazi bastard

is queens we will rock you a club banger?
    test
  9. R-Tistic

Shit at a club for that crowd, it probably is. That drum beat is vicious, so is the hook, so are the verses. Probably one of the only rock n roll songs most black people my age actually like.
    test
  10. kid848

kid848 Ya Boi Honesty

I don't disagree w/ you, but you missed my point

50 made club bangers out of tracks that weren't originally club bangers...

In Da Club and What up Gangsta come to mind... neither of those tracks where party... or anything even approaching happy..etc. But they were club bangers.
    test
  11. OmegaBts

OmegaBts New Member

club banger = something you can play in the club that bangs. Club friendly track, having alot of energy.

Should be in the dictionary^^^^^
    test
  12. R-Tistic

I see what you are sayin, I just didn't catch it from what you wrote. Yeah, I always said "In da club" might have been the club banger of the 2000s, but the beat wasn't really that much of a club beat. It sounded more like some strong, dark type shit I would bump all day, but that usually wouldn't be turned into a club song.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.