How do you connect the rack to the keyboard n computer?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by R-Tistic, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I just ordered a Motif ES Rack, and it should be here Friday. Right now, I have my Roland JX-305 synth goin into the comp with the in and out midi cables, and I am going to use that synth as the controller for the Motif if that's possible. If I do that, how will I have to connect the midi cables to have them goin thru the rack, keyboard, and to the computer? I will probably figure it out when I get it, but I just wanted to know so I can buy the extra MIDI cables now if I need to.
    test
  2. Likle Gotti

Likle Gotti New Member

u will need one of those midi boxes things (mutli midi) USB boxers...so u can run more then one midi device into your computer, or go BOARD, to RACK, RACK to computer, but i dont own a rack so i am not 100% sure if it has mutli midi joints on it (it probably does)
    test
  3. KhanDST

KhanDST New Member

hit me up on aim if u use fl to sequence n ill walk u thru it, my sn is khankussionz
    test
  4. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

Thru will work but you gotta setup your gear to ignore certain MIDI channels, which is gonna get annoying after a while. You'd be better off spening a lil more and buying one of those multiple MIDI boxes like dude above said. Connect both outs on the box to the MIDI IN of your gear. Connect the MIDI out from your midi controller (which would be your synth) to the MIDI in on the box. That'll let you run everything at once.
    test
  5. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

blind leads the blind again lol...
    the es rack has usb port on it...all you need is a usb cable...plug and play( probably have to install a driver)...in settings set your controller and wah-lah...thats it
    test
  6. Mr. sickVisionz

^

You say that as if we gave him the wrong answer. Assuming theres no USB midi (which wasn't said in the post), how are our replies "the blind leading the blind"?
    test
  7. BlaZeDemBeaTz

dont take offense to my comment...but theirs a key word you used...Assuming

i could assume that the 80 gb drive that comes with the mpc4k comes with 80 gigs of sounds...but no....it doesnt...
    same with all of the answers in this thread...no...he doesnt need to do all the things yall "assumed"...
    all this midi thru talk blah blah...
    this couldve all been avoided though, if the purchaser wouldve spent the extra 5 minutes to read the specifications of the product before spending $1100 though...
    would you buy a used car...and not look under the hood?...for all you know theirs no engine in that bitch...
    test
  8. LANSTARR

LANSTARR -[ The Sage ]-

This man spits knowlege. Listen to him
    test
  9. BlaZeDemBeaTz

i guess yall get your info from laffy taffy wrappers or something?

i dunno let him waste his money on a midi interface and hook it up your way.instead of doing it the right way
    test
  10. Likle Gotti

Likle Gotti New Member

^^^ DUDE why r u acting like a dick?, WE GAVE HIM THE BEST ADVICE while not directly OWNING THE RACK to know what it has on it read our posts, we GAVE HIM THE GENERAL SETUP for linking multiple MIDI units to a computer........the end

but whatever u wanna act like a know it all big shot instead of just say hey guys it has a USB right on it, plug it in, set it up BAM done

pardon us ohh wisde one
    test
  11. BlaZeDemBeaTz

i wasnt even being a dick...i was trying to straighten up something...then got denied for telling yall the right way to do it...which is rediculous...
    test
  12. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Fuck Blazedembeatz I Bet His Beats Are Wack
    test
  13. Mr. sickVisionz

^

I've never heard em so I can't say anything either way, but LOL @ that shit coming from out the blue.
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

hes hatin no rms finest and he aint been here a week something tells me he makes beats with ejay loops
    test
  15. Auditory

Auditory New Member

how much did u pay for the rack? And can someone clarify if you need to install drivers for the motif rack...cuz im about to get one off my boy but im not sure if he still has the necassary disks if drivers are indeed needed
    test
  16. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I got it yesterday, and I had to install a Driver for it and use the USB port. It wasn't working the first 10 times I tried it, but I finally got it to work. Hopefully I'll at least understand how to use most of it by this weekend so I can get back to work. Thanks 4 everybody who helped and dropped comments in here.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.