how do u keep goin?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by JaMarcus Cock Sucker, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

lol....nigga tripp'in...

Sometimes it aint really about making it to the Top...

Me Personally....It not important to me at all.....

I'm living my dream......I Make My Own Music....to me I'm already Major without a label...Independently....

I plan to sell Beatz as a side hustle...of course keep your Day Job...because you need all the paper you can get for investing and promoting yo shyt...I also have other ....(I'm not gonna say) .....hustles....I gotta get mines...

Now if I Make It Big By just selling Beatz as a Side Hustle.....not really thinking I'll blow up.....unexpectively ....and thats how it happens.....you dont know when....It just happens....You finally put the right tunes together....

Just set small goals before you try for them long Goals....and take it one day at a time....continue to Grind wit yo' Sounds....Offline & Online...and whatever else you do...

Besides It dont take being sign to a Major Label To Be Major.....

All It Takes Is Paper.....Ya Feel Me'...

Me....."I'm So Throw'd Indenpendently"....

BKster
    test
  2. DatNiccaBumpz

DatNiccaBumpz New Member

A lot of niggas in this game just don't get it. Everybody thinks they are the tightest thing alive, everyone thinks they are the next to blow, everyone thinks this is there year. When in reality they sound like everybody else and don't have the knowledge on how to succeed.

So because of that you get a bunch of dumb ass personality's in this business. Most of which really aren't even in the business they just pretending to be
    test
  3. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

Ahhhhmennn
    test
  4. Krazyjay da Rapper

Krazyjay da Rapper I'm the best there is....

hahahahaha
    test
  5. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Thats How you suppose to feel about yourself & your Music.....aint nothing wrong with that...

Just How It Is Pimp....

Sometimes you gotta fake it till you make it.....you never heard that before?....

BKster
    test
  6. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

I look at alot of y'all replies and I find it funny. Because the blind can't lead the blind.
    Telling people to do it as a hobby, is something out of pocket. Just because you gave up or not as passionate about the same thing, don't apply to the next person.

This rap game is a BUSINESS!!!! just like any other business it takes ALOT OF UPFRONT MONEY!!! YEAH UPFRONT MONEY!!!! alot of y'all want to get known and don't even put out projects. Its like c'mon man, you get what you put out of it. And I'm done with that side of the convo.

But to deal with Urb question, I deal with Indie C.E.O's that treat this rap shit, like some d boy shit. They don't carry themselves professional and they can't even carry a business like conversation. And when I notice that, I be on some ghetto shit too. But this gives me motivation because I'm more business savy then these dudes, and they are actually making money.

It takes time, enegry and money. What keeps me going when shit don't go the way I want it to, the passion for this music is what keeps me going. You have to have thick skin, and you got to believe in yourself because no one else will.

When you start making backup plans thats a sign of you giving up already. For people like me there aren't no back up plans. You have to hustle hard and know that its never too late. Fuck what anybody got to say, and keep going forward. Rome wasn't built in a day man.

I been on that fuck promoting on the internet, because the shit ain't real. People talking mad shit when in reality face to face they wouldn't say a word. Everybody rap and make beats. Its pointless to promote on forums like this, I've been on that old school shit, hit the streets, clubs and colleges, trying to get my single popping.

There's no 1 way to make it, and nothing in life is easy.
    test
  7. iLoveEbay

iLoveEbay New Member

Blind leading the blind is right. It's like Cham said on one of his mixtapes. Rich people aren't going to tell you how to get rich, and broke people act like they are the richest people alive. No-name blog rappers act like they are the most famous people in the world offering all sorts of advice, lmao. You guys keep hope alive, keep posting those vids on youtube. You guys will make it :/

Gotta be a realist my people, nobody told you to quit, but if your approch isn't successful now, it's not going to be successful 10 years from now. Do what you gotta do and tell yourself what you gotta tell yourself, I guess.
    test
  8. iLoveEbay

iLoveEbay New Member

No disrespect homey, because you sound like a smart guy with a lot of drive in you, but this statement right here shows your age. That's one of the most immature statement's i've read in this thread. Im not saying you are immature, but some aspects of your thought process is. You'll realize when you get a bit older and hopefully are exposed to a little more in life how untrue what you just said is.

A backup plan isn't giving up, and sometimes that backup plan will help you further your original plan. Without getting into specifics, my original goals weren't working out as planned, but luckily my backup plan allowed me to have a platform to fall back on and come back even stronger and achieve my original goals. 24 years old was the last year of my life that I didn't make over $100k in a single year. The stability I've attained now has allowed me to achieve other goals I had originally set.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is don't think you have all the answers, or that you have it all figured out. Life isn't a movie, and to think just because you won't settle for anything but "that one thing" means you will get it. I don't pretend to have all the answers either, but I think I might have a little more insight on this than you. Respect, and learn homey.
    test
  9. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

I hear what you're saying Ebay and its novel.

But in reality, you make 100k a year...you obviously dont NEED to persue music @ the capacity that dudes here are willing to.

So your drive and insight is on a totally different wave length. Neither good or bad, just another game altogether.

You're invested into whatever your career is, and its not likely that making platinum records and crashing 12 hour sessions in a studio somewhere will be your cup of tea from here on out...

On the other hand...you got those aspiring kanye wests out there..who have NOTHING to give or lose...therefor that dire need to survive actually lifts them to higher platforms. Unlike someone with bank who could care less if weak rapper A buys a beat for 500$ or not....

ITs an energy thing.

And since its not a movie, you CANT plan it out ...even taking the GOOD path can lead you where you dont wanna go...you NEVER know for sure. With that being said....Go with what makes you tick.

Thats all you can afford to do.
    test
  10. iLoveEbay

iLoveEbay New Member

Respect that homey! Best of luck to you, I checked out some of your stuff, A+ stuff man!

Edit: i was just freestyling over one of your beats a few minutes ago, and my girl walked in and started nodding her head. She's a rock fan, haha.
    test
  11. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

I tell these niggaz the same shyt all the time....Misery Loves Company....Real Talkology...

and thats what it be most of the time.....

another nigga not doing to good so he gotta bring the next nigga down.....just like crabs in a dam bucket...

Us Niggaz are Known for this type of shyt...

Another Good Azz Point.....Boyz Lack Faith In They Own Shyt....and thats Bad....you cant doubt yo own shyt....Never That...

Also I may add that....Nobody ever said this Game Is easy....and if a person is making Beatz just to try to make money ....well thats the wrong idea....you gotta have Love and passion for this shyt...this will for sho' keep you going regardless of how much money its bringing in...

What I'm saying is .....do it for the Love for Music....and Not The Love For Money and I promise you'll get better results....

Its still hard for me to believe...The World Coldest Beat Maker made this thread...."How Do You Keep Going?"...shyt....you tell me Urb.....you the veteran....and you asking us how do you keep going?....

You been in this shyt too long to turn back now....Ask yo self...What made you keep going to get ths far?....and whatever the answer is.....thats most likely the answer Pimp....

Stay Up....

BKster
    test
  12. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

This is the thing, there are alot of things that we don't know about each other. So I can't sit here and make broad assumptions and neither can you because I don't know how you got to the position you are in, it could be from a trust fund. Or maybe you landed a good job because your educated. I live in East Oakland Ca. Where there are no jobs, I grew up in the hood. No one in my family has ever made 50,000 a year. So we come from 2 different backgrounds. Although you might feel those things is irrevelant, I hope you understand the point I'm making.

But I have a ? Are you truly happy at what you doing?

A friend of mine is a doctor and he hates it. Even though in a few years he will be making over 200k a year. There's a difference between making alot of money AND being happy with what you do. A job VS a career, because money doesn't gurantee happiness, esp if u're doing something you dread everyday waking up!!!

I'm a music major, so music is my only option. Plus there isn't shit else I can see myself doing for a long period of time. I dont want to be 40 plus talking about shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Working at a job I hate. Its different for everyone, and it truly depends on what you want to do.
    test
  13. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

I really like how you type that.....thats so dame true....I Feel Ya'...

and thats the same shyt with alot of suppose to be professionals...

Everybody Isnt Professional....just because of the Title....

My advice again for the second time.....if you sick of others bullshyt....

Just remain indie....stack yo bread....start yo own label....then push yo' shyt to the max....

I know for sho' that you would work Incredibly Hard for yo' own shyt.... unlike working under someone else...

One example would be.....The New Rakim Album.....He Did it under his own label...and I havent heard shyt from Rakim in a minute...Nigga been stacking....getting his bread right....

Now he done came out the bushes wit his own shyt....

BKster
    test
  14. DatNiccaBumpz

DatNiccaBumpz New Member

i understand you got to have confidence in yo work but i've seen niggas get hustled before cuz they thought they was tight. Like i seen mu fuckas paint these dumb ass niggas dreams and because they think they tight and they are really worth a damn in the music biz they get hustled. Nothing wrong with confidence but at the same time you gotta know your place.

It amazes me, like there are TONS of truely wack ass mutha fuckas out there. or if they aint wack there just below average...or even plain average...these niggas dont realize they useless? Like nigga you are USELESS to the niggas really in this music business. I cant believe a lot of people dont get that. They thinkin they really tight like anyone is givin a fuck about they worthless ass verses they be puttin over beats. I just wanna tell these cats "You rappin on these tracks aint of any value to NOBODY".
    test
  15. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Thats where you wrong at nigga....

Who are you to say someone is useless....all they gotta do is continue and they will become better

There just too many possibilities....Video Games need sounds,xxx rated flics...commericals...and more...

Seems like everybody wanna land a placement with a Major Artist or Label....

when there all kinds of other types of placements thats paying the same if not more....

when it really shouldnt matter....because it creates the same Paper dollar bills....

BKster
    test
  16. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

This nigga doing just what his screen name says.....DatNiccaBumps....

Like Ive always said...just because 14 niggaz on Rap Music.com dont feel my sounds doesnt mean the world isnt going to feel they sounds....

Man I done Heard some trash shyt on the Radio and in the stores for sell...and still hear Garbage shyt from time to time....at the the same time....this what others are thinking is Trash....Is to some one else.....Gold....

Realistic Spit...

BKster
    test
  17. TheJuse

TheJuse Just Call Me Juse

Yea I feel you on that. People always tryna use me for little or nothing. Especially family lol.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.