how do u keep goin?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by JaMarcus Cock Sucker, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

A nigga like Urb got too much heat to sit around in a small ass city where nobody is serious.

You can only be a big fish in a small pond for so long.
    test
  2. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Thats Your Personal Opinion....but I'm entitled to my own and I say that nigga tracks sound like they straight outta Wacky World...

Its Is What The Fuck It Is.....Respect My Opinion....

Then on top of that the nigga stubborn as a Bytch....

Urb really need to get his self the fuck together....

but yea Primo thats yo opinion and I just expressed my opinion.....

Stay Up Primo....and..

Get It Right Urb...

BKster
    test
  3. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

When you gonna make a youtube video gettin at urb?

BK gonna take RM shit talkin to new heights.
    test
  4. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

lol....That Might Just Help Promote His Azz...lol....

but Naw.....I'm not thinking about Urb....Fuck'em Personally...Its funny how Urb talk all that shyt about how his Music is this and his music is that....He Brag And Boast to much...now his azz done made a thread call...."How Do You Keep Going?"....WTF.....Not Urb.....The World Coldest Beat Maker In The World....

Nigga whole life is just a Got Dam Gimmick if you asked me...

I'm not going to waste any Video Film On A Fraud Azz Nigga.....Imma interview Real Niggaz Off The Houston Streets.....Reality T.V. Shyt....Plenty Hoes.Crack Heads,Postitutes...Slabs....Etc.....

Im Talking Real Lyfe Shyt....but based about Music....

Its Coming.....Just Watch....

Stay Up Primo....

BKster
    test
  5. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

i feel u primo...the city aint exactly small

its just not a good market out here for somebody tryna do music
    test
  6. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

I agree with this thread 110 percent. Its really the people that make this so unbearable at times. Too many cats "Hollywoof" about what their intentions are and want to suck you dry. All the conversation in here about beats and different businesses etc is way off topic...The people that you gotta deal with make the shit a pain in this ass.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

only u and 2 other ppl in this thread understandin what im talkin about in this thread
    test
  8. SenorSnatchFace

SenorSnatchFace New Member

If I have to deal with one more asshole with a blazer on that he copped with his moms macy card wearin 9 sprays of unforgivable trying to "manage" me, I'm gonna go crazy. The first time you burn a bridge, it's scary. First time I did, I approached the situation as a businessman - explained that severing the business relationship was just that - a business decision I had made. Next thing you know, dude is threatening to blackball me with a whole laundry list of big artists. The question I asked myself is - if you fully believe my tracks are good enough to be used by these artist, and you have "relationships" with them, and through the duration of us dealing with each other albums have started and budgets opened, why has nothing happened? I severed the relationship and I'm still working with some of the artists.

The people, folks trying to pull rank on you, undercut you, A&R's asking for 40% of the publishing to place a track for you WITH THEIR OWN LABEL (!!!!), all types of shit. Is everything a hustle nowadays?

As far as getting out and meeting people, I went to OSS this year. When everybody was jocking Just Blaze or watching the beat battle, I used it as an opportunity to talk to the money mgmt people and get them to hear my tracks. I work with them now. I accomplished more in 3 days than 3 years up in Seattle.

As far as managers go, refer to the 1st paragraph. The way I feel about is like this... If I can find someone who is smarter than I am, and/or has enough solid relationships to compensate for their lack of intelligence, then I'm game. I haven't found that yet though.

I got a front page feature on PMP, buy some beats. lol

-MTK
    test
  9. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

thats exactly how i feel

these managers i meet are always dumb niggaz that think they got what it take to run a business....

smart ppl are rare man...
    test
  10. SenorSnatchFace

SenorSnatchFace New Member

Yeah man, smart, rational, emotionally stable people without self esteem issues are incredibly rare, especially in music. I roll solo on all of my projects because when it all comes down to it, I can produce and I can actually articulate myself lol. I get out there and present myself as a peer, one who is GRATEFUL for OPPORTUNITIES presented to him, and just do what I do the best I can do it. That has built a rep with the right underground people to allow me to find steady national work, and now that some more notable people who work within the major label system have taken notice, we'll see what happens. It's a diff ball of wax though entirely, and I'd be lying if I said I had anything beyond a working knowledge of major label placements. The people are scuzzy on the indie level, and the more money that becomes involved in rap the sleazier it gets. You're getting passed over because the A&R/manager has not invested in you financially and/or timewise so HaWt FiYar B33tz (the producer he manages) gets the placement you rightfully deserved and thats how half assed albums are made.

That and folks trying to charge up the ass for sample clearances. Take your 5-10 g's and 25% of the publishing and go home.
    test
  11. wmsproductions

wmsproductions wms productions

lmao
    test
  12. Krazyjay da Rapper

Krazyjay da Rapper I'm the best there is....

Things will get better Urb. It's just all about finding a way to attract the right people. Cats hear your beats and they're dope so they decide to confront you with a proposition that they think is a good one,but in the end all they do is waste your time...and time is valuable. I mainly try to only work with people that I feel have that same level of artistry as I do, and really don't worry too much about the money factor. I used to, but I saw that when I was aiming at the money, that's all I was attracting...Just more "wannabes" that had the doe to buy a $400.00 track...but never went anywhere with it...I just moved out to Atlanta, and I've been hitting the clubs up here to scout for talent. I got a few cats on my radar that I "know" with the proper production they could do pretty well. Hope this helps homie.

Krazyjay
    test
  13. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

lol...nigga made that shyt sound dramatic as fuck....lol..

BKster
    test
  14. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

i just make remixes for fun now.. and upload old ass instrumentals i've made.. to where people still ask to buy or lease them..

thats all i do now.
    test
  15. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

u practically lived right across from me... off of spring road.

ya i remember :)
    test
  16. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

Like attracts like.

And thus far, in hip hop especially, everyone who has become super stars, have made it amongst a sea of assholes and bullshitters. You can't do it alone, therefor you have to get a grip on the reality that alot of the "hard work" isn't the craft, but the social and emotional manipulation. Whether it be good or bad, people are people....and it's always been that way. No ones cutting checks JUST becuase you got a good song....They wanna see you make it through every day nigga problems, such as people, and still have a buzz...still move units...still pack out a show...still grind when all the other doors are closed....IF you can do it that, then you deserve to make it to the next level.
    test
  17. iLoveEbay

iLoveEbay New Member

Basically, you have 99% of cats in the game trying to take the same highway to the same destination, and then they wonder why they are sitting in traffic not getting anywhere. Everyone does the youtube, myspace, facebook, soundclick, blog-site thing. Its not anything new.

Your best bet is to make a rap/production/music game a fallback option, and have something else in place. 36k a year? Not that I'm trying to hate on you, but I couldn't support my family on that, not even close. I pay half that in property taxes every year, forget home owners insurance, mortgage payment, monthly HOA fees, plus all the additional household bills. Gym membership, cell phone, internet aircard, monthly health supplements, birth control for my girl, day care, etc etc etc!

With the rap game so political and the actual talent pool so diluted, look at this as a hobby, similar to sports. Nobody is telling you to stop playing or keeping your skills sharp, but at some point you have to be realistic about your chances of making it to the top.

If you live at home with your parents, and want for nothing, then keep chasing the dragon homey, but for most of us this is just not reality.
    test
  18. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

No one great ever made it sitting on the bench, thats for sure:screwy:
    test
  19. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

i see this thread went clear over niggaz heads

im talkin about the types of personalities u have to deal with in this business

and niggaz in here talkin about trying to get into the game/strugglin with rejection/feelin like they cant make it...thats not what this thread is about

we not talkin about that in here...
    test
  20. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

i hate dealing with rappers who don't know what a bar is. makes me wanna jump off a cliff
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.