how do u keep goin?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by JaMarcus Cock Sucker, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-ki

I-ki New Member

This is why you will be stuck in your situation. You refuse to see what I was saying and your ego caught up on you real quick.

Think about what you just said here. You said you have been doing what i said for 4 years yet you are still in the same spot. 4 years of investing your time exclusively with an artist and I still havent heard of your artist?. Clearly you are doing something horribly wrong. The mistake I seen is you are making "3k" monthly off of beats which means you are putting time in it instead of putting your time on your artist.

And I have caught you in a lie before with the royalty check thing so I really dont know ifyou are making 3k as you say. But for the sake of the argument, say you are making 3k. Where have those beats went?. Obviously it ended up on some artists hands that will never be heard. You think you can go 4 more years making beats and selling it to artists?. UMM no. There are so many reasons why but i dont need to list that, you should know that by now.
    test
  2. I-ki

I-ki New Member

LOL. Do you hear yourself?. You have this automatic excuse to hide the failure.

Dude, in life/business bullsht is as natural as taking a sht. If that is the reason why you are losing your motivation then you are not cut out to be where you are right now. If you work for somebody, you will recieve bullsht from your boss. If you work for yourself, you will recieve bullsht from customers/employees/logistics. Its part of life. If you want to put yourself in the position of success, u need to change your view and your attitude. I was gone here for a year and you still havent changed one bit. You are still the same clueless cocky dude, the only difference is you are slowly realizing that your gameplay is not as strong as you thought it was but still dont want to admit it. You will though. I just hope you aint 35 when you realize it.
    test
  3. daniels2386

daniels2386 New Member

test
  4. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

Real Spit @ I-KI.

Urban, you should be REAL fortunate that you caking atleast 3k on beat sales.
    I know its possible, especially since i know atleast 3 cats who did/are on soundclick alone.

But im fortunate enough just to be making 300$ a week with this, and thats just 1200$ a month....thats MY BILLS...GONE!

LOL, so with an extra 3k man, do you know how much i would be traveling? Printing up discs? Organizing a kick ass website? Supporting local parties and events? Paying off GOOD local Djs? Man you couldn't CATCH ME HERE talking about needing motivation if i had 3k to burn on extra...

You need to stop.
    test
  5. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Thats The Same Thing I do...and I agree ...you can make way more money doing this...

I post up at Clubs..Carwashes...etc....then you meet new people at the same time...

One question though

Why aren't you doing both?....

You Can Make Beats to sell on the internet and also still hit the strip to sell MixTape Cd's...

Good Post Mikey...

BKster
    test
  6. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

i'm on the road 4 times a week

yall niggaz really think shit that easy lol...

its all a shot in the dark

some niggaz hit the target early by luck...other niggaz gotta take a few shots

and other niggaz aint got ammo to begin with
    test
  7. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

suck a dick and die my nigga, the fuck i look like explaining myself to a peasant? lol

u dont even make beats, the fuck u doin in my thread?
    test
  8. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

u talk as if u know me or somethin

like we kicked it at starbucks or somethin lol

i dont like u bc u a cocksucka and all u do is log on to RM when u see me on here

u aint been gone for no year, nigga u are consistently quoting me ...if i log in and post, u pop up in my thread in bamboo smoke wavin a hater-stick

u lame as fuck...u still in college, aint tasted real life yet, tryna tell a grown ass established man how he should think

no...u should just work on that inferiority complex u have and hang glide off my nuts
    test
  9. TheJuse

TheJuse Just Call Me Juse

Free Loaders

I hate Artists that always want free beats. i mean i spend all this time making music and you wanna take food out of my mouth by asking for free beats? These the same guys with Double Gs on their feet. Cant spend the same money on a good beat.
    test
  10. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

You Cant Teach Nobody That Know Already Suppose To Know The Game...

I' Been Saying The same Shyt About His Azz since I first join .....

Motherfuckers even got picks who they listen too and shyt...

Just Like Hoes....

Realistic Spit.......

BKster
    test
  11. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

man this rap game sometimes doesn't seem worth it. All the work you have to put into it, and the shit you got to be ready for. Its over whelming.

Thats why I say fuck these lames, and just push your own project. Thats the most you can do.

Since you making 3 stacks extra err month, then pay for some features and push a project on your own. Use your beat money for flyers, posters, stickers and CD's.

I'm sure u have done this, I'm just stating some real shit.
    test
  12. whitemikebeats

whitemikebeats New Member

I would be sellin myself short sellin beats right now. After my project is done, I'll be in a whole other category....Ima have a whole album with all artists in the industry allready..do my own marketing, get distribution,shoot a video.. and hit the streets at the same time..After that, do the same thing but get artists that r even bigger...1st part of the plan will be completed by June 24 and the album will be 1/6th completed..

and Urb: Just handle everything yaself...fuck a n r's ....do ya own shit...u can make crazy moves wit an extra 3 stacks a month....
    test
  13. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

How are you going to sell your self short Making Beats???

If anything you gonna sell yo self short if you dont Make any Beats...

You could do both....Just take your time making Beats which is a good thang....

I dont see why you cant sell beats on a web site while you out grinding selling Mixtapes...

This is what I'm going to do....

I Agree....

You can't sit and wait on a Dam A&R...

Your whole life will be then past your azz.....they good to have on your team...but don't rely on the Hoes...

Anit nobody gonna work for you....like you would work for yo self...

Stay Up Mikey

BKster
    test
  14. CaJuaL

CaJuaL New Member

It's too bad that there are so many rappers out there who take producers for granted.

Especially with all the E-Thug artists who sell mixtapes without licenses by taking advantage of the FREE DOWNLOADS.

Specifically on Soundclick, where producers only allow free downloads because Soundclick counts downloads towards your chart rating. Soundclick doesn't give a fuck about their producers - they just know that they generate a lot of traffic.

A lot of traffic = A lot of income. They were just lucky enough to be the pioneers of online music showcasing. There are hundreds of sites that host producers now.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the production game. It's fucked up - it's rare to see real cats who can make *real* beats nowadays. Everybody thinks they can just Beatcraft an instrumental together, post it on the internet, and sell it for a couple hundred. Before the whole production and internet era, there was only a rare, elite amount of producers - and they were the real talented ones... when good, fresh, orginal instrumentals were actually in demand.

Ridiculous.
    test
  15. whitemikebeats

whitemikebeats New Member

i didnt say im not makin beats, i said im not sellin them...im doin too much, i dont have the time or patience to be doin that right now to make lousy money...if i put the same amount of time into something else i will be in a better situation...im gettin 4-5 hours of sleep allready as is....Now if someone came to me wit serious bread, hell yea ima sell it...but 99.99% of these fake rappers rather buy a dub of some haze and chill wit a bitch than buy a beat...I have a plan and sellin 10 dollar leases just doesnt make sense in my plan as of right now...im not gonna say never but def not right now..
    test
  16. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

agree with what ur sayin,, although u cant take it so personal,, soundclick is also a major hub for producers to make a lot of money

also, soundclick is not a pioneer of this music streaming shit,, that title is reserved for mp3.com, who transformed unknown indie musicians with computers into profitable businesses through their "pay for play" system, which paid bands between half a cent to a cent for every unique stream,, the only reason anyone is on soundclick is because mp3.com shut down its royalty system alltogether and soonafter folded the site
    test
  17. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

you lying Primo!! You still would be spitting!!!
    test
  18. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

The Real Problem is that it's WAY too many niggas that make beats.

Everyone is making beats, e-mailing tracks, submitting for projects THROUGH THE INTERNET

You might have some hot shit but if these people can't put a person to the music...it's just music.

You'd be surprised what some face to face interaction can do.

Otherwise, you just another nigga e-mailing tracks.

Some of ya'll got heat but you need to go out to where the game is played.

You ain't competing behind a screen.

You gotta get out there and go get it.

Like I said, sometimes people get lucky...

But in reality...

Success ain't a click away.
    test
  19. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

primo killin shit,, exactly right
    test
  20. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

i agree 100%

this is why im movin
    test