How do pro studio's mics that never need volume adjustments and never clip etc...?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by BPINCdef, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banetheterrible

banetheterrible New Member

lol ok smart guy......
    test
  2. headless verseman

headless verseman JERSEY NUCCUH

i kinda know what he's asking

for example, dmx on bet's basement freestyle

kid was yellin, movin in an out, more yelling, spitt'n straight ON the mic, lol

that shit doesnt show 1 fluctuation in it
    test
  3. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

ahaha...that and compressors
    test
  4. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

Then call it something else...because an ADLIB is always the same voice/same style...lol.

You can't fuck with the rules...if you're gonna do something different...then use ALL YOUR CREATIVITY to come up with a new name for it.l
    test
  5. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

show me where thats exactally how an adlib is defined? an adlib is sayin words over to excentuate certain words.....you USUALLY do it in the same tone and such, but doin it in other tones and stuff would excentuate them and you could just get the idea across a different way
    you follow pre-set rules and shit, hip hop is about expression....feel free to be creative
    i have a studio, people use it, to make it easier to use, i ask a question here, i fuck with volumes, which is waht u tell me to do, im lookin for a more professional feel for me and the artists, so i asked
    thats the end.....u want us to call adlibs in different tones...DALIBS? no, they are still me repeating words for my verse, except maybe at a different volume or voice
    so if i do my voice overs and at the end throw in a BITCH thats not in the verse.....what did i jus do? still adlibs/doubles/voice overs/ w/e any1 wants to call them
    test
  6. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

so up for limiter suggestions
    test
  7. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

threshold -5, ratio 1:10, attack instant, decay 200 ms.

man, limiters apply to the situation. static formulas won't help.
    test
  8. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

i got a DBX limiter/compressor/gate to go with my DBX pre-amp, so i should try those settings? or keep the ones I made yesterday from trial and error? ill try em both out and listen
    thanks all - PZ
    test
  9. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

Well...I knew this before I ever saw the episode...but Puffy explained it on making the band...

and he specifically said that an adlib follows the lead vocal...and should be exactly the same..

Who to believe...the masterful BPINCDEF of BP INC...or Puffy...a masterful producer who has been around for ages...
    test
  10. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

well u need to listen, the all might Puffy makes the rules dumbass, so they are called DOUBLES and they are spit exactally the same, learn ur shit!
    so because of puffy u refuse to be creative? haha - its w/e man, u do u ill do me, in the end, its all about the music
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.