How Do I Connect My Virus' Vocoder with my Condenser Mic?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Phoenix5891, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

How Do I Connect My Virus' Vocoder with my Condenser Mic?

I have the Virus rack Controlled by my Andromeda and I'm using the Blue DragonFly Mic running through my Emu 1820m. I don't know If not connecting something right or if If supposed to set something up in the boards.
    test
  2. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Why dont you search goggle on the topic...There gotta be something out there...

If I Could I would Help but I dont use a vocoder in my setup...at least not yet.....B.K.
    test
  3. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Its most likely the case that your Virus doesnt have phantom power. So if that is the case(check the specs) its not happening. Secondly, its not really necessary for most vocoder applications to use a condenser but if you must, you would need to record the original signal through the condenser, and then once its recorded, you can re-route the audio into the synth/vocoder and play the keys to the recording. If you are making tracks/ hooks this is the best way. If you are just performing, it doesnt matter much just use a dynamic mic.
    test
  4. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

I dont really know whats best but what F Major stated....sounds right....I even think if you record the dry vocals first then run it through the vocoder will be better instead of recording with the vocoder live...

So a Dynamic Mic would work fine but a Condenser may just not cutt it...Right?...

Good Info F Major...B.K.
    test
  5. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

u dont kno what fmajor is talkin about....

quit postin just to be postin my nigga

ur annoying.
    test
  6. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Man can you just stay off my dyck for two seconds?....Got dam!!!!...I said at the begining of my reply that I dont know....That why I ask if i was right at the end.....Dam!!!

Urb you must cant read or got Sickle cell in the eyes....lol...I dont know...Im not yo nigga either....I done tried to call this shyt a truce....but you gotta continue yo Hating....Ill fix all that shyt...
    test
  7. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

The Virus doesn't have Phantom power but I'm running it through the Emu 1820m first which does. I know its not necessary to use a condenser but I don't have a dynamic . Even though its 100 dollars I'm not trying to break bread if I can make it work. How would I re-route the recorded vocals back into the virus? Is that really possible? The goal is to make hooks but I still want to be able to do it live and just freestyle until I can get something.

Like A Cooler Version Of This Guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7vkT1p6ZOw

test
  8. PdotNix

PdotNix I'm Mobile

All rise
    test
  9. KSoundz

KSoundz New Member

check if there's a line in/out in your virus or xlr cuz I highly doubt it will work from your emu or andromeda signaled to the virus. I also think u could get a xlr to trs adapter to run from your mic to virus.
    test
  10. PdotNix

PdotNix I'm Mobile

Its

Mic > Emu > Virus Rack > A6

That should be working.

I'll check for that adapter when I get to the crib.
    test
  11. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

I'm tryna figure out... how the hell... this foo BK... went from...
    gettin reason 2 months ago...to knowing all this shit about production...

and from typing like a retard... to typing correctly
    a very clever alias...
    test
  12. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

test
  13. KSoundz

KSoundz New Member

the reason i sed i doubted it working in the virus is because the signal would be way more clear if it was directly in the rack itself, i mean i have the r3, and i cant see how it would work with how your trying to set it up. which brings my next point, if you find that your condenser mic doesnt work with your setup, you dont really need a condenser mic for vocoding, im using the mic from the r3 and its as clear as a whistle.
    test
  14. KSoundz

KSoundz New Member

by the way, i came accross these n figured ud want em

http://rapidshare.com/files/105050343/Virus__Access_.rar

they are virus presets:
    Ti Soundset
    Virology.Soundset
    Virus-45 ROMs 1998-2004 & Manuals
    Virus-A.B.C.Banks 71x midi
    VirusB_Peter_ProducersPack
    Virus-Magic.Synth.Soundset-cRime
    Virus-Rob.Papen.Signature.Soundset
    Virus-Sounds Of Revolution
    Virus-Synthflut Techno-Trance set
    Virus-TranceSource2001 Soundset
    Virus-TranceSource X Soundset
    Virus-Vengeance Incubation.V1
    Virus-Vengeance Incubation.V2
    Virus-Vengeance Incubation.V3
    Virus-Virology.Soundset-cRime
    test
  15. hi-d-ho-man

hi-d-ho-man U neva kno

Most programs let you use more than one set of outputs. so the easiest thing to do is like you said pre-record your vocal part(s) into your sequencer then route them to a set of alt outputs to the virus.

Other than that if you want to do it live. you should be able to use patchmix to route the mic input to one of the available outs of the 1820. That will give you a line level signal to send to the virus that should work. But then you have to work thru headphones not to get feedback. BUT ofcorse it'll feel more live.

Does the 1820 have insert points? if so you wont need to use patchmix.
    test
  16. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Thanks For Recognizing the BKster Blaze...you came at me on a positive note so I will give a positive reply....shyt in shyt out....remember...lol..

But anyway playa.....Im not a Alias....and now Im working with Reason 4.0 and FL7....These programs together are the shyt....I can do anything....

I read both manuals ....better yet I study them every morning...

I also got two Home Recording Studio books....these books tell everything....Im learning pimp....

Like for instance I know how to calculate the proper delay time for a track by the beats per minute.....

60,000 milliseconds= 1 minute

If I had a tracks that had 100 beats per minute of course this is the tempo...

I just divide 60,000 by 100= 600milliseconds for a 100 beat per minute track.....and so on its more....I may make a thread about setting delay times on point with any track....

Thanks Blaze.....You came Real....B.K.
    test
  17. PdotNix

PdotNix I'm Mobile

I got it working. It was 2 problems. The vocoder was set so all you hear is the mic signal and not the vocodeer voice. I had the emu routed wrong too.

Good looks for the link K but its down
    test
  18. KSoundz

KSoundz New Member

oh ok, ill find some others then
    test
  19. dtroxx

dtroxx New Member

Is it posible to reupload this post because i realy need the soundsets for my Virus.

Thanx a lot!

test
  20. b-real 123

b-real 123 New Member

If it is anything like how it is done on software ,You need to route
    the carrier to one side (Hard pan) and modulator to the other side (hard pan)

voice as a modulator and a synth as a carrier

Then play a chord

But maybe it's done a little different on the Virus
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.