How did you teach yourself how to produce?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by OmegaBts, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (( Ozone ))

(( Ozone )) t-t-t-t-toxiq

i learnt by posting threads asking stupid questions on messageboards, and hounding muhfucka's on aim 24/7
    test
  2. MetaSin

MetaSin I Don't Believe In You...

learned through practice... i know what sounds right together, and i know when sounds are clashing. I don't know notes or chords well, but i know how to push the keys and make it sound nice. Technical things help, but to me, as long as the beat sounds good, then fuck it. Streetwize taught me how to sample, but most everything else was me.
    test
  3. OmegaBts

OmegaBts New Member

Lol, sarcasm at its best.
    test
  4. OmegaBts

OmegaBts New Member

Heres something to think about -

Which type of producer do you think has a better chance at success.
    A producer who is--------
    1. Self Taught
    or
    2. Taught by another person
    test
  5. JoeSmoke Dope

JoeSmoke Dope New Member

LMMFAO@HIP HOP PRODUCERS LEARING IN MUSIC CLASS!!!!

just admit it dork, u had a piano teacher and just got into hip hop when justin timberlake was produced by timbaland. queer, go back to ur preppy roots and leave hip hoppers to the real n!ggas who learn from the streets. ON THE STREETS, EVERYTHING IS SELF TAUGHT, cookie .........

MY ANSWER to the thread is SELF TAUGHT WITH INFLUENCE FROM N!GGAS I WAS AROUND ....
    test
  6. -[InfaMouz]-

-[InfaMouz]- || M.Maestro ||

back in mp3.com days, I dled beats and played their melodies back.. downloaded instrumentals, played their melodies back, note i had no musical knowledge. Shit just came to me. Then i brought a book on it and studied.

I swear, I used to download beats,l isten for the bassline .. play it, thenthe melodiy, then the second melody, until i got it. lol used to spazz..

I taught myself FL tho.. I remember the first time i go that bitch... fuckin 3.4... downloaded that shit at like 4am.. made my first beat on there at 5am, lol...

good ol days.
    test
  7. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

lmao thas real talk
    test
  8. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

no its not.. its stupid to limit your potential to appear a certain way..
    test
  9. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

i d/eld acid and started making . they werent that nice.. but shit.. i started with some acid dj hiphop loops and samples..

i thought i was making masterpeices and banign out classics.. when i was fAR from decent..

took me a minute to progress.. but with time and pateince and hard work.. ive grown so much..

its up to you to become better.. and learn how to bang out a good beat.. not us..

its all you.

peace
    test
  10. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

i would write a 10 page paragraph off al ive been through.. but maybe some other time..

peace
    test
  11. BeatSlangaz

BeatSlangaz 08 is not your year!

Self taught. Motivated by people who always bullshitted and hated on a ³³³³³. So I took it upon myself to get nicer with this music shit to shut some mouths up. To some thats a fucked up way to be motivated but it has always worked for me.
    test
  12. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

ditto @ beat slangas..

if your new.. and u think u AL that. but ur not really that good. PEOPLE will put u down..

dont take it has hate.. jsut take it as STRONG critism..

when i first started making beats.. i would send my shit to TOP heads.. and i woudl get pissed whe nthey put me down.. adn say my shit isnt that good.. mixed that well.. or off beat..

id get mad.. but i nteh long room. you will think these people.. They jsut make u get better...

if u cant take the critism.. them quit... it wil help u trsut me..

peace
    test
  13. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

its funny cus i had piano class.... i can play beethoven, mozart, all that shit.

its a funny story cuz after i got OTed from 2 jr highs they sent me to my 3rd one. and when they gave me my class schedule it had piano. iwas like hell naw wtf. i dont want that gay shit. then it turned out i was like a prodigy or someshit playhing beethoven in 2 months.

never knew that class would come in handy.
    test
  14. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

self-taught. played with various software till i got fl and pretty much stayed with fl until i learned everything about it.
    test
  15. OmegaBts

OmegaBts New Member

It all depends on the person. There is going to be a school taught producer who will reach dr. dre status. Whats more important than how you learn is what you learn. Someone who is selftaught but has no ambition isn't going anywhere - same thing with school taught producers.
    Determination is one of the biggest factors in deciding what makes or breaks any type of producer.

-O.N.E.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.