How did you see the machida-shogun fight round by round?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Mac Sabbath, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

i hope it is.

do know that something is fucked up in his head though.
    test
  2. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

test
  3. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

You're right, against Tito, Machida thrived because Tito kept trying to take him down.

I'd like to think that just about every single other fight (Rashad, Sokoudjou, Silva even), matters more than the one where he fought Tito, since in all those fights, he thrived on his opponents aggression.

Granted, it was A LOT more suddle, but it had to be, because Rua was a lot more precise.

And lol @ got whooped. Nobody got whooped in this fight...
    test
  4. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Then why are you so against me including boxing cards with the gambling fantasy [dunno]
    test
  5. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Don't take this the wrong way, but is English your second language? Its a serious question, I'm not trying to be condescending and I apologize if it comes off like that. Just to help you because you may not know, its subtle, not suddle.
    test
  6. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

thats just awful, and an excuse

think about the double edged sword of that statement

ok for 1 youre the champ, so you engaging the fight doesnt necessarily make sense... why would you want to close distance and fight when you can dance and keep your belt? whats the pressure on you to fight? whats the motivation for you to engage?

wow machida , such a master of ring control.... no shogun pressed on him because if he didnt then he was going to lose a boring decision instead. normally they say the aggressor wins or shows the aggression, but in this case, machida controlled the ring/ cage because SHOGUN HAD TO CHASE HIM?!?!?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! that is the stupidest fucking clowns ass argument ive ever heard, i have NEVER heard a judge say a dude backpeddling making the guy hunt him down was 'controlling the cage'

sounds like bullshit to me

i guess kalib starnes crushed nate quarry since kalib obviously had the ring control by making nate chase him for 15 minutes!

of course i took this decision personally.... for alot of reasons.

1- i was impartial going into the fight, i have in fact recently criticized shogun for not being able to use roids in the states, and being lazy and using the knee as an excuse

you have to understand, i went into the fight just wanting to watch a good fight.... i had no favorite fighter in this fight really.

2- i took it personally because i love the sport and i think it was THE WORST decision i have ever seen in the sport and it makes the judging criteria so up for interpretation now, its sickening. it robbed a man of a deserved win and robbed the fans of justice.

did you see the scoring from all the media?

i guess cecil peoples, 2 other judges, machida's corner and a few insanely rabid machida fans are the only ones who have a solid base in reality, the other 96% of us, the media, the fans, the casual fans, the other mma pros, well fuck, were just all retarded because "we dont understand" how the scoring really works.

child please
    test
  7. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

wait machida had to defend takedowns? how do you defend anything if you are in control of the cage?
    test
  8. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

uhhhh machida caught a medical suspension

shogun could go tomorrow

machida could not

good call though

and if machida thrived on the aggression of his opponents so well, how come he couldnt do it against shogun? he was insanely aggressive! oh wait, machida was controlling the cage, i was watching a different fight.
    test
  9. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

It wasn't a blowout, but yeah, Machida's likely having a tough time walking and moving his upper body right now while shogun is probably busy plowing his wife.
    test
  10. .:Pain:.

I'm not against it, I just think if you're going to include boxing cards, you might as well include all the MMA orgs as well.

There is a word that is pronounced like that that is a synonym for subtle, I just spelled it phoenetically cuz I don't feel like looking it up, lol.
    It's different. Machida used that style of fighting in nearly every single one of his fights throughout his career. That's how he controls the fight. Much in the same way Mayweather does. It's about EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION. Nice of you to leave out that first word. Rua was NOT effective in his aggression for the first two rounds.
    THAT'S HOW HE ALWAYS FIGHTS. It's different because Machida always fights like that, that's how he makes fighters fight, that's how he gets people to make mistakes, that's how he knocks people out. It's one thing for a fighter to run, it's another for a fighter to fight defensively and look for an opening to capitalize on. See Bernard Hopkins.
    LMAO. The worst decision in MMA history? Really? Before I really respond to this, I thoroughly recommend you rethink that statement. I hope that was supposed to be some sort of hyperbole.
    You act as if I'm the only one in the world that thought Machida won. There are PLENTY of people who agree with me, I just don't give a fuck about popular opinion and instead make up my own mind. Sorry for having a mind of my own.
    He was suspended for having a cut lip. A CUT LIP. I'm sure if necessary, Machida would say fuck it and do what he does.
    He did thrive on the aggression for the first two rounds. Rua took the second two.

I don't know why your vagina has so much sand in it. I had the fight two rounds to two, with the last round being a draw...
    test
  11. Fag Sabbitch

Fag Sabbitch Closet hetero

test
  12. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

so we are supposed to judge machida's fights on how he has fought in the past? judges are supposed to judge the fight based, not on a set of criteria or rules but who is fighting? is that what youre trying to tell me?

what damage was done to shogun? not a fucking thing

that lip would be an issue after about 2 minutes

difference in this whole thing is, youre a machida fan arent you?

well im NOT a shogun fan any more than a machida fan.

and yes considering the implications of this bout, the length , the title etc , this is THE WORST decision i have ever seen in mma.... arona/wanderlei 2 was bad, rampage/ninja was terrible too

but yeah THE WORST considering the implications

you drank too mch kool aid, YOUR personal bias has your brain buying some stupid shit

go ahead and stand alone in the 2% or whatever, fact is you , along with the 3 judges, machida, his dad, anderson silva an the rest of his camp are fucking WRONG....
    test
  13. .:Pain:.

Not at all, I'm saying one should take that into consideration is all.
    No, I'm a Pride fan, I always root for Pride fighters.
    The fight was close. There could not have been a bad decision, unless the judges gave all five rounds to either fighter.
    Keep assuming shit dumb ass. Tell me how your foot tastes?
    test
  14. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

like i said

you, machida and his corner and the three judges stand alone

thats enough for me

shogun 49-46 on my card.... odd how he won on all the media cards too
    test
  15. .:Pain:.

Odd how he lost on the cards of the only people that matter...
    test
  16. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

yeah youre right, those 3 judges are uncorruptable

such a clean and traditionally honest profession

even the president of the ufc said the decision was shit

you live in fuckin lala land buddy, believe everything you read

the 3 judges didnt even score the rounds the same....

if you think the popular opinion of the fans doesnt matter, youre out of your mind.
    test
  17. .:Pain:.

1) The decision was not a corrupt one. I am a Pride fan and watched this fight WANTING Shogun to win. I had the fight two rounds two, with the 5th being a toss up. Since draws can't happen, you hafta give the round to one of the two, and you give it to the champ. That's the way the world works.

2) Can you show me where Dana White says that? Cuz I believe you making that up, I could be wrong though.
    I'd rather not believe everything I read. It usually keeps in grounded in reality. And yea, whatever judge gave round 4 to machida was a jackass, but the totals were all the same.

I think a split decision would've been more befitting, but whatever...
    test
  18. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

“I thought ‘Shogun’ won the fight,” said White at the post-fight press conference.

White said he’d scored rounds one, four, and five for Rua and that the promotion already planned to schedule an “immediate rematch.” White added that he’d already gotten verbal commitments from both fighters.

Machida, Rua Agree to 'Immediate Rematch'

i never make shit up son

ever
    test
  19. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

EVERYBODY said they gave 5 to rua EVEN MACHIDA HIMSELF

youre too funny bud

you need proof on that quote too? or am i making that up?
    test
  20. .:Pain:.

"At the end of every round, neither one of the guys went after it, neither guy tried to steal the round, Machida is the champion, and the judges gave it to Machida tonight."

Sounds pretty far from:
    "I think the decision was shit," which is what you said he said.

He actually scored the fight similar to me. He had the first round up for grabs, 2 and 3 for Machida, and 4 and 5 to Shogun. So I don't understand wtf you're all pissy about.

Maybe you should actually listen to what he said instead of spewing what out-of-context quotes they post on Sherdog.

And who cares about the rematch? I mean, I want to see it, but there would have been a rematch had Shogun won anyways. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.
    Here's a quote from Machida.
    “I had the opportunity to see the fight again and I thought I won four rounds and Shogun took the last one," Machida said. "Some people say he won the fourth and fifth round, but for sure I won at least the first three rounds. The American commentators were pretty much biased. If you see the fight without audio, you will probably see a different fight."

So yes, please show me where Machida said he lost the fight...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.