How did you do in High School (and college)?

Discussion in 'Man Enough' started by GaLaTeA, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

How did you do in high school and later in college?

Is there anyone here that did terrible in high school but made something of themself when they left into the real world?
    test
  2. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

damn G, wassup with all the social Engineering?

tell us how you did.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

average in highschool, awesome in college
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

:idk:, thought I'd start a thread about it...

I was a nightmare for professors in high school, was a lot in the principal's office ~ not because I'd get in trouble, but because I was the project coordinator for the student council, I kept myself busy with any and every extra curriculum activity that would allow me to not be present in classes ~ with excuses written by professors. Excelled in both high school and later in college.

That's always nice to hear...
    test
  5. patrown

patrown student for life

:\ high school was a free bus ride closer to my friends.. rarely was on campus. still graduated on time from a different school after I got kicked out my junior year.
    Went on to get an associates in business management. A couple more classes and I can pick from a few other a.s... I learned a lot, and people who come to my store always compliment me on the way I handle things.
    However, I'm horrible at Algebra. I switch numbers around and even if I look at the one I wrote wrong, I'll think it's the number I thought I wrote. So I never passed college algebra/business calculus, and have to transfer to UCR for a degree in "Business" if I'm doing anything at all.. and uh.. successful? nah. not even close. I work for my grandfather in a vacuum store, fixing vacuums... selling them, taking care of the angry people the old man pissed off. If it wasn't for the things I learned in school, he would have gotten sued multiple times..
    so I guess college helped me succeed in a way.. just in daily life though, not in the life plan.
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

You could have a mild case of dyslexia ~ the number switching...

Even if you transfer you'll still have to pass algebra/calculus, or no? A college degree is a valuable investment, since more doors open..

Your grandfather's lucky to have you working for him, tbh...
    test
  7. patrown

patrown student for life

I think I will. I still have my college algebra/bus. calculus book.. so whenever I can afford to go to a university, I'll be studying up a bit and starting with the arithmetic.

I was in jr college so long I can get a degree for having taken so many classes from different subjects. The Van Wilder of Jr. College..

Thanks! He is lucky to have me there... I just got a 35 dollar a week raise. First one in five years. yaay ;D no complaints. I live in his pad for free, so what little I do make pays my bills and keeps me fed. Life is good.
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Sounds like a plan, tbh. For the time being you can still work on practicing algebra, so when you get back to uni, you'll only have to refresh your memory with a few exercises..

It works out perfectly, since you're both mutually helping each other out, which is great.
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I was 3rd top student in my graduating class... which im proud of, cuz all year i thought i was near bottom. But im my biggest critic and always am too hard on myself.
    test
  10. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I did well in high school and graduate top of my class in college
    test
  11. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

I was a B+/A- student my entire life.. Always getting complained at about wasted potential cuz i cant be bothered to actually pply myself to anything i do. Even in college, get drunk all the time, fuck around half ass my projects then ace all the test/exams to keep my grades up.. Never once studied for an exam either, i really dont understand how ppl study

I get by in life, hardly successful but im ahead of the curve and im happy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Props for that. That's interesting though, but didn't you get graded in the course of semesters? I'm asking because here, we had colloquiums and the exam periods after which we'd get graded and notified on how we did.

Kudos.

I've rarely sat down and studied whilst in high school, but had classmates who'd spend hours and hours drilling their workbooks, untill they knew everything by heart.

I think a lot of students get told they're wasting their potential, not focusing enough on their school work, or that they could do more in a sense, but at the end of the day, one can do that in theory, however i doesn't prepare a person for real life and practical knowledge one needs.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

um b+ a-

thats fucking awesome... if my parents had complained about that i woulda kicked them in the nyuts
    test
  14. ilikedrugs

ilikedrugs TheCrackTheDopeTheIce

I did terrible in high school, very apathetic due to various things/events. Did very well in undergrad, now in grad school. I'll have a 6 figure income in a year and a half when I'm done. You don't have to have stellar grades in high school to get a nice career.
    test
  15. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

sucked badly.

just ruled history, philosophy and english classes. supremely.
    test
  16. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i dunno, my "average student" might different than you peoples average student

ill say in HS i got high 60's and mid 70's in the core subjects

Ive never once attended a school that used letter grades
    test
  17. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

didnt give a fuck about high school. did enough to graduate. went to junior college and fucked around the first year and a half. started trying, transferred to a state college, and finished my first quarter with 3 A's and a C.
    test
  18. Break_Bread

Break_Bread *TheTwinkleInUrGirlsEye*

When i first read this thread title i came in thinking this would be a comparison about how often we got laid in High School and College...

:facepalmn:
    test
  19. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

hardly went after the age of 14 ... life got in the way

that said I've supported myself since the age of 16.. had my own place etc etc
    I do ok.
    test
  20. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Keep up the good work, T.a.C.

I've noticed that some of my classmates who weren't all that attentive in hs, and more or less didn't care about their grades found ways after college (those who decided to go), to be successful in life doing and excelling via their hobbies and turned that into successful business ventures.

I'm sorry, honestly I didn't even think about that topic when making this thread, however there's still room for a spin off thread...

You were basically an emancipated minor? That's commendable, tbh.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.