How did writing come into your life?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Sykda, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sykda

Sykda New Member

Why did you start to write whatever you write? (Short Stories, Poems, Songs, etc.)

I started writing as a joke actually.. My boy been writing since he was 11, hes 16 now.. So about 6 months back, I joined the forum my boy was at.. and I challenged him! We kept it on the d'Low that we knew eachother... And I challenged all the real good cats, and they tore me to shreds.. But id call them hemorhoids, and Im King Hemorhoid and shit.. And I'd say I played with pokemon cards and use "rage" on them and shit..it was funny.. I got banned! :( But I later came back under a diff. alias... And I was much better than before, and I couldnt quit doing the shit.. I would write little shit in muy notebooks and shit.. Then I just improved and improved...
    test
  2. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

i can't remember...which is really sad.
    test
  3. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

basically they were just emotions that came out on paper, but it really came buy school, language arts class... poetry projects in middle school
    test
  4. Sykda

Sykda New Member

^^Not to start shit, but used the wrong form of "By/Buy".....LoL...
    test
  5. (Heinous)

(Heinous) Puttin' It Down

My story is kind of wierd...
    Growing up I fell in love with music...
    No matter what genre, I loved it...
    My older always had his friends over and one of them rapped...
    I always thought o myself how cool it would be to have something I wrote recorded on CD...
    So basically, one night I turned on my radio...
    Grabbed a pen and paper and laid on the floor...
    I wrote my first track and it was pretty good...
    Was creative and everything...and I did about 30 bars in 15 minutes...
    After that, I got addicted...
    I wrote more each day and to this day I am only getting better...
    Writing is a beautiful thing...the things you can say are crazy...
    I'll finish a track that I never would have thought I would be able to create...
    Its mind blowing really...
    You'll start a track one way and end completely different...
    test
  6. (Heinous)

(Heinous) Puttin' It Down

Not to start shit, but you forgot to place, "you" before used...LoL...
    test
  7. SupermanRT

SupermanRT Tha Man Branded Wit Tha S

my best friend's bro(now one of my best friend's too) was heavy into battlin/writin and i thought itd be tight if i gave it a try....at first it was just a joke and then whenever id get down or had heavy emotions and couldnt release em id write what i felt and sometimes i get some serious ish when im really feelin a topic...its my release when i cant go hoop...
    test
  8. For the Cause

For the Cause Liberty needs glasses

Ive always loved writing so i could apply my vivid imagination to projects
    i want to get into writing stories,maybe animated ones that would be tight,but the problem is i lose my interest pretty quick
    test
  9. UnknownLady

UnknownLady Senior Member

I started writing in 5th grade
    It was lil silly poems but as I got older I kept on writing
    I get started writing and then I get writers block
    Then I stop and start all over again
    I really started in the 5th grade
    test
  10. Justin85

Justin85 True Poetical Emcee

i started writing back in 1999' when i was in the 8th grade and was 14. What made me start writing actually was see I was really depressed in that period of time in my life. I was so sad and felt all alone, So one day back then I was into the group Limp Bizkit. I was chillin in history class one day and started reading thru the lyrics of one of there albums and realized that I could relate to what they were saying and felt like I was going thru the same exact thing. So, like a second after that I thought to myself "He is expressing his feelings and really saying what he has gone thru in his life. Why, don't I start writing and get all these emotions out that is inside of me and let everyone know how I feel and what I've gone thru and get myself heard." So, I just started writing and it stayed with me ever since. Back then, I'd just write alot of the stuff didn't make no sense but, it was all good. My dream was to always be a star and being able to perform up on stage and tell everyone how I feel. These last few years I've made it so far.. I've been able to perform at talent shows at my high school as well as a couple other shows at school. Now a days so many people at school know me from all the shows I've performed at. I've gone to open mic sessions, I've been published. Writing really is a journey it takes you so far and to alot of places. It's really got me so far and really has changed my life awhole lot. I don't know where I'd be now if it wasn't for writing and that's for real. So, that's how I got into writing.
    test
  11. Catch TWENTY 2

Catch TWENTY 2 Poet Extrodinaire

Honestly, my poems started out as ways to be sweet on girls. That secret admirer type thing. I'd stick it in they locker and sit back and watch their reaction. It made me feel good to see them smile. Then I realized that I had alot more to say other than how fly a p.y.t. was. So I just broadened myself. And since then, I really haven't written to many love/like you poems.
    test
  12. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

from reading
    test
  13. Insense

Insense take one...

well i realized i sucked at battling, but i always could tell a good story...then i read books like The Canterbury Tales, A Seperate Peace, Legends Never Die, Beowulf, etc...and it sparked my mind
    test
  14. MC_Paste

MC_Paste

me... it was juss 7 months back... I was juss mad in love wit this gurl... and I couldnt tell it to anyone cuz I wanted to forget liking her (long story)... then one day I Was juss lissenin to this song ( dont remember which now) ... and I was like WHOA ... this is exactrly how I feel

so then I took a pen n pad n juss started writting.. and it wasnt that bad... juss posted it on a website and got some feedback and was like damn... wud write once in a while. . .still do
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.