how come...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Troy, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seneca

Seneca edgeknowl

you so seereeusss
    test
  2. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I see what you're saying, and I agree... "cheating" was just a generic example (cause scenarios like that happen as well, and are also relevant to address in topics like these).

But yeah... I said pretty much the same thing you did, a while back, in a Man Enough topic. Dude I'd previously dated wanted me to tell him he was the best lover I'd ever had. And he wasn't. But, at the time, I knew how sensitive he was about the subject (his sex game/size/etc), and I felt it would do more harm than good to tell him the truth. So I lied... told him he was the best.

I dunno... it may not be PC, but I don't think honesty is always the best policy in every single situation. If I don't feel that the [truthful] information is relevant to my current relationship, I will not divulge certain things.

Like... why do you REALLY need to know that my ex had a bigger schlong or took me to nicer places than you are able to afford to take me? ["I bet no one has ever taken you anywhere this nice or expensive, huh, babe?"]. All that info would do is hurt your pride and cause problems in our relationship. If I wanted Big[ger] Dick Willy, I'd still be with his ass.

So, yeah, I feel your pain. I try to weigh all possible outcomes before asking questions I know might yield a hurtful response. That's usually not an issue for me, though... I'm usually "that cool chick" that a guy feels he can tell anything to cause I don't fly off the handle or get all crazy over little shit. And sometimes... that can suck, too, cause sometimes dudes wanna share EVERYTHING and I don't wanna hear all that shit and its TM-gotdamn-I.
    test
  3. tight-eyes

Not necessarily "props", but some dudes will want credit for coming clean about stuff, and feel like their righteous act of confessing should soften the blow and/or prevent you from reacting negatively/strongly... or leaving them.

Like... after you go off or get upset they'll be like "hey... what gives?!?! Why you trippin??? At least I told you the truth... I could have just not said anything!!"

Trust me... it happens.

I've told a guy that I cheated on him before and took my lashes like a woman. I knew it was coming and I knew he had a right to be pissed the fuck off.
    test
  4. tight-eyes

I never said it "had" to be. That was just one example.

See my response to KingSense.
    test
  5. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

tight-eyes be on that man vs woman, all men are dogs , and women are intellectually superior- tip, even if she denies it.....it always comes down to the man being wrong or misunderstanding in some way... Im sure Tight-Eyes is a respectable, beautiful woman, and if most women were like her I might actually agree with her sometimes, alas, this is the real world, I aint got no time for that soft shit, and lord knows the nice guys dont get the girl.....
    test
  6. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Nah, tights is pretty fair for the MOST part... although she does support "her girl" Oprah and can be more defensive of women, at times... just like her kiss-up boy Brit... the problem is that I think we're (tights and I) both alike in a lot of ways... I call women out on their bullshit a lot... and she calls men out on their bullshit a lot.... although, I don't think she always understand why I do it... she assumes I'm just bitter or what not... however, I understand why she does it... I have no problem with it... I just want her to be fair during those times in which she's not, because I try to be in all instances... maybe we're just not seeing each other right now.
    test
  7. lawl@kiss up boy.

what a boygeorge you are.
    test
  8. HOLLOW 55

HOLLOW 55 You niggas cant trap here

Come on guy..

You know that women don't know what the hell they want. lol
    test
  9. Seneca

Seneca edgeknowl

That's true & what they do want changes once a month haha
    test
  10. tight-eyes

I don't think all women are superior. Just me.

You're welcome.
    test
  11. tight-eyes

Hey... you leave Oprah out of this!!!
    test
  12. HOLLOW 55

HOLLOW 55 You niggas cant trap here

Why do gooood girls...like baaaad guyyys?
    test
  13. tight-eyes

^ they like the challenge. then they grow up and opt for stability and good credit.
    test
  14. I GOTS GOOD CREDITS and my mama taught me goot
    test
  15. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

thank you Tights...you said it perfectly. However, to capitalize on that...

there's a difference between being honest and being an asshole.

you can tell someone the truth in a delicate, or a rude, or a blunt, or a sugar coated fashion...ect. there are a lot of ways to talk to ppl and just bc ur being honest doesn't mean u need to disregard the other persons feelings.
    test
  16. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Some people are just too sensitive no matter how you slice it.

The truth hurts.
    test
  17. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

lol. Indeed. Bad boys are just fun to look at now.
    test
  18. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Until you enter your 2nd childhood in your mid '30s and still single, then you go back to that bad boy type who used to have you climbing the walls after dealing with so many corny, successful "minute men."

Or so I've heard... those corny, successful "minute men" are giving us corny, successful men a bad name... thugs ain't the only ones who can bring the thunder in the bedroom.
    test
  19. ExodusIII

ExodusIII New Member

ahahhaah... i could just imagine the look on dudes face when you're like... well, actually...

lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.