how come..

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Sir Bustalot, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i think i read that chin-ups are supposed to be better for lat development than pullups since youre supposed to be able to go for more reps or someting...idk if i find the article ill throw it up

full article here http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1954579
    test
  2. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

i thought the article was good until the pull ups section....

for strictly bodybuilding purposes...I pretty much see all the top bodybuilding guys use a wide grip on the lat pulldown using a pull up grip(pronated) or they do wide grip pullups...so if your goal is to have big lats than maybe you should do what the guys with the best lat development are doing...

and if you are after relative strength for a sport or in general than it would be best to do all grips...most people will always be weaker in the pullup because of the angles, but some people are a lot weaker at pull ups than chin ups...and that is probably because they have weak shoulder extensors(rear delts and all muscles near rear delts) and brachials(lower part of arm)...Now, if you are Not weak in the pull up and your an athlete, than it would probably be best to focus on heavy weighted chins like the article says...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.