how come rap is so boring and wack now

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by lally, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lally

lally KING SHIT

whos watch that missy elliot reality show i dont even know the name

but that shit is fucking wack and i cant stand missy elliot. i mean the final contestants or a bunch talentless morons i mean wtf is missy thinking with this shit. rap is just wack now man i just realized how weak it is either you do it like pac or like biggie and jay z or like twista and luda or you dont do it at all. i hate when i listen to these artist who got no charisma, a fucked up voice and they start spitting these big ass words. that shit aint moving me. i duno who can sit around and listen to these fucking artists man all these underground kats fucking damn man rap is supposed to be music lets not forget that not just a fucking guy getting on a mic spitting all these big words and using all this sick word play. shits got to move or entertain you. and these artist bore me to death
    test
  2. hockeys_da_best

hockeys_da_best New Member

I think you're an absolute moron but I do agree with you that Missy is annoying as fuck.
    test
  3. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

^hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah

rap is the shyt man...damn i really cant get when ppl say that nonsense

and i think missy show is fine.

nuttin wrong wit it at all

its not all rap either u idiots
    test
  4. Metaphoracle

Metaphoracle Blunted on the MV-8000

props on bringing up the fact that rap should still be music cause half of the people that are rap fans don't even realize this.

as for that Missy show, I've had the privelage of not seeing it and didn't even know it was on air yet, so, I lucked out.
    test
  5. SHITTY Bang Bang

SHITTY Bang Bang freestyle fanatic

rap is indeed missing that certain feeling from the early 90's they need to expand their eardrums and check out diffrent styles theres some ill as undeground cats
    test
  6. SmoothPimpin

SmoothPimpin New Member

your an idiot your basin hip-hop on a wack ass reality TV show that no one really gives a fuck about, just shut the hell up and go buy Long Hot Summer and tell me rap is boring and wack(BTW thanks rap music for startin me on Masta Ace)
    test
  7. mike ockburns

mike ockburns New Member

If rap bores you that much than don't listen to it.
    test
  8. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

missy sucks, and rap isnt all wack, tho it is pretty bad
    test
  9. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

It's boring cause everybody's talking about the same shit, everybody wants to be the one to get shot more than 4 times and become mediocre rappers with record deals.

Imperial1
    test
  10. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

I'm sure someone will say im an idiot or dickrider for bringin this up but alot of underground MCs arent just in it to get on MTV and sellout to the general public. Immortal Technique for instance would rather keep his own masters and do the distributions through is own contacts then crawl to a Major label and ask for help. Also though rap is supposed to be music, and still is imo, it should also educate us. I mean if they use big words that you dont know the meaning to dont whine to us that it sucks. If it sounds dope to you and you can nod your head to the beat thats what matters. If you are just looking for 1 syllable rhyme schemes, which can be just as good, then stick to em but dont bitch that artist choose to expand on their styles instead of leaving the game completely stagnant.
    test
  11. THEDONN- closed

everybody talks about the same shit cuz we all human...life is good, and life is bad....and rappers speak on that and everything in between....some rappers jus got better flow, everrybody talks about the same shyt just with different slang and in a different way.

hiphop 4 life
    test
  12. yastrugglin

yastrugglin New Member

It's about sales a lot more than it was back in the day. I disagree with you when you say all rap is wack but I do think that it's been watered down way too much. When I watched Yo Mtv Raps back in the day practically every video they played I was feelin, and I think the reason for that was cats actually had to have skills before somebody gave them a budget to do a video. I don't think it's the same way today and I think that's a bad thing.

Unfortunately I also think that too many people are getting away with putting wack shit out. I'll probably start an argument with this but, I look at someone like The Game (if you disagree substitute someone else) and think people are actually buying this stuff? And of course the same week his album comes out we hear about how dude's is shootin up his house. I'm probably too old and too skeptical but the first thing I thought about when I heard this was that it had marketing ploy written all over it. Kids (and some adults) buy it though. You got people thinking this makes dude "real" or "gangsta" when IMO it means nothing but more albums sold. That's my rant.
    test
  13. Because there aren't many intelligent listeners who think about what they are purchasing and consuming. Right now the mainstream market is geared at teenagers who follow the pack to fit in. I've been flabbergasted at the ammount of crap that is stacked on the shelfs of Best Buy or Coconuts (although Coconuts is better then most places). You really don't have to use any tallent to be a rap artist these days. Hip-Hop is different because underground artists give the fans what they want to hear. Back in the day (early 90's) mainstream rap was definatly looking for more tallent then now. How the fuck do Chingy, Nelly, 50 Cent, The Game, sell so many god damn records? I guess it just says something about the intellegence level of the mainstream hip-hop communty's across the country.
    test
  14. THEDONN- closed

^see u basing skill on sales, what it matter how much they sell??everybody knows 70% of rap music is bought by white people...white people who prolly are a lil rich and likes to have a lot of fun, drink, parties etc,....thatz that kinda music.....jus cuz they sell to the masses doesnt mean they are wack, them katz got flow, are they better then a canibus, 2pac, biggie, hell no, but they far from wack, jus cuz they got a catchy song dont make them nggaz garbage, i will never get yall nggaz hatin on commercial success, lol,,,,if it wasnt fo commerical shit like mtv, we wouldnt know what hiphop is!!
    test
  15. reborn

reborn Journalist

I felt the same way about hip hop like it has lost its luster, but I think that it still exist you just have to find it. And you not going to find it in the new releases you find at your local target or fye music most of it is underground. But Common's new album should be dope tho. Commercial artists have a hard time bringing realness to the table because the label only cares about record sales so they end up making these party anthems interlaced with a couple of decent tracks and call it an album.
    test
  16. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

I find it interesting that people have been saying the same shit about rap year after year....

i'm sure in 1994, there was some dude goin 'rap sucks now'
    test
  17. THEDONN- closed

^haha hell yea, katz is lame who hate on this shit that took over the world
    test
  18. lyrical impact

lyrical impact New Member

hip-hop like everything else....evolves
    test
  19. yastrugglin

yastrugglin New Member

There's always been someone going "rap sucks now," bad point.

And yes everything evolves but it's not always for the better. Let me say first that I love rap now and I loved rap then but there are definitely some things that I liked more about rap back in the day than I do now.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.