How Come I Dont Get Sore No More?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by WhiteWidow, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

I been liftin for about a year, and i stop gettin sore like 7-8 months ago, wtf is up with that? i havent been sore in forever

i read that it just means im in shape tho so im not too worried
    test
  2. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

a lot of people will say "if you are progressing, dont worry about it. it doesnt matter if you are sore or not"

are you progressing?

personally i disagree with that, in that you can still be progressing but not to the extent that you could be if you pushed yourself harder. i only say this from personal experience. some people may be different, but because i used to be like that i think you can change too.

it has to do with pushing yourself to the limit, or at least pushing yourself hard enough for true gains, which is pretty tough due to most peoples lack of mental game. it takes extreme dedication and mental toughness to continuously push yourself as hard as you need to to continuously progress *to your full potential*. a lot of times you may think your going to your capacity when you havent reached half of it.

you need to realize that you can go FAR more than you think you can, it helps having someone there to push you.

also you need to continuously change your routine. in fact, dont even have a "routine". find new exercises for every muscle group all the time and utilize them

i maybe repeat the same exercise a maximum of like once every 5 weeks.

most exercises i dont repeat for even longer. i may workout the same muscles but i continuously do different exercises to do so

the only thing i keep the same is the cardio of course.

but for everything strength related its best to change it up as much as possible.

im sore after every work out and can go up or down in weight class at will, and i know its because of how hard i am pushed and because of the continuous changing of workouts
    test
  3. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

nothing to worry about at all.

i personally like getting sore, even though its not a good or a bad thing (unless your soreness interferes with your lifting) i mean i like it to the point where i can feel a little bit in the muscle i worked out, but not like wehn i was younger and would do rediculous curls and then not be able to lift my arms the next day.

but yeah it doesnt really matter, i went months without getting sore and still put on muscle mass
    test
  4. macmilimeterhyms

macmilimeterhyms Product of the 80s

I usually stop gettin sore after workin out for like 2 weeks, you can probably work other muscles like ben said, he knows more than anyone in here so I'll go with that
    test
  5. J o o k

J o o k Guest

i feel if you don't get sore after a workout, you haven't worked out hard enough.
    test
  6. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Lift more weight.
    test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

LMAO, no, it means your body is very well adapted to what you're doing. Too well as that's not a good thing. There are so many variables you can play with that you should never, ever go that long without being sore. More weight, more reps, long-negatives, long contractions, supersets. I mean there are literally 1000's of things you can do.

If you don't get sore, you're pretty much just doing cardio. When muscle get sore it means they're damaged (thats pretty much what lifting does). With diet and rest, your muscles come back bigger, harder and stronger. If you're not getting sore though, none of that is happening.
    test
  8. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

Personally I think you need to push urself harder...
    test
  9. doubl3

doubl3 aka AyHay

where you been? ..still hitting them weights?
    test
  10. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

You couldn't be more wrong.
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

while we're on the subject of getting sore im curious as to why i did a workout last night from about 7-8:30 and didnt stat feeling sore until after my run this afternoon at about 4pm. now i know its not from the run because well...your traps, delts, and biceps dont get used very much in interval running.

anyone have an idea as to why id start feeling the soreness so late?
    test
  12. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Did you do a cool down?
    Did you stretch?
    Did you stay station for a long period of time?

I know if I do a strenuous workout and the next day if I sit on my ass to recover I'm going to be sore as fuck.. you have to keep them juices flowing, son.

The lactic acid build up ain't good. It's a mix of you not being used to using the muscles you uses when you sprint. All those dormant muscle fibers are trying to recover.

and when you sprint, your shoulders get use alot more than you think. Try running without moving your arms... your legs can only move as fast as your arms.
    test
  13. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

That doesn't happen to you normally?

It's called delayed onset muscle soreness.

You guys never feel sore the next day after a brutal squat workout?
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

no no, i do feel/have felt sore plenty of times, but its usually felt right when i wake up or atleast by 10am...i mean doing a workout and not feeling it til 20 hours later...yea thats a little strange for me.
    test
  15. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Lately, I've been getting sore the SECOND day after my workout

Like, if I hit my chest on monday that shit won't hurt until Wednesday...I mean, I can feel it on Tuesday but it doubles overnight. I think its a good thing, and it's just a product of my new schedule/routine. I took 2 weeks off and got back at it harder than ever and I'm seein niiiice gains.

It's not DOMS either, I know all about that shit and it fucking sucks ass...in June I did a monsterous leg routine on Wednesday...shit wasn't too sore at all...Saturday hit and I couldn't get the fuck out of bed.
    test
  16. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

My muscles sometimes hurt 2 days after. Yours could still be DOMS, it hits you after 24-72 hours.
    test
  17. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I love DOMS (kind of). If I don't get it, I know something is drastically wrong.
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

thats interesting, ive never heard of soreness onsetting 2 days post workout. it probaly has happened to me before without even realizing it.

heres another thing, does anyone get random muscle twitching? like yesterday while i was taking the train to school my left bicep kept twictching on its own. ive also had this happen to my pectorals.
    test
  19. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

test
  20. Dahnamics

Dahnamics Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

are u guys talkin about like right after a workout?? lol cuz when i do legs i can barely walk for about an hour, but the next day im fine.. i used to be sore for like a day after n shit
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.