How can I transfer data off of a phone?

Discussion in 'Site Help & Feedback' started by BoneMan666, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoneMan666

BoneMan666 I'm gonna eat you!

A few buttons went out on my phone and I had a bunch of rhymes typed into my notes. I cant get to them, I have a USB cable to plug into my computer, but I think it is asking me to format it, which I thought would wipe the memory off the phone.

What is a good website to go to for this? for file transfers? What can I do?

any ideas will be helpful.

Thanks!
    test
  2. patrown

patrown student for life

whenever i want to take info straight from any portable device, i.e. ipod, i have to copy the whole folder. reasons being, it wants to format it, like the problem you're having.

so i suggest you just copy the entire drive that pops up when you plug it in in my computer to your desktop.

once all the data is there, you search it for a phrase or just maybe a word you remember specifically putting in a rhyme. make sure the search goes through the file contents.

you'll probably pull it up that way. if not, send me a private message and tell me what kind of phone you have. i'll be looking in places like download.com, etc.. so that's a good start for you on your own to find a program designed for your phone.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.