how can i get the best quality out of the AT2020 mic..

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Diasick, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diasick

Diasick this guy

i had this mic for awhile.. it was pose to be a good mic if you use it right... I want to get the best quality out of it without having to buy a new mic.. what are some good plugins to soup this bad boy up to?
    test
  2. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

It's all about the room, if you have a million dollar mic being recorded in a shitty room, then chances are it's gonna sound shitty. Plugins won't help unless you get a clean recording first. I've had the at2020 and got some great vocals/guitars out of it. Do you have any recordings so we can listen to what the problem is?
    test
  3. Civilian2004

Civilian2004 New Member

As Verbalist stated, the room matters. Also, what preamp are you using with your mic? What monitors are you using?
    test
  4. lookitsll

lookitsll New Member

I've got the same mic and also have the same problem. Thing is I'm recording in my closet and I don't really have a lot of options with having a separate room designated to be a studio just cause I don't have enough room in the house. Any suggestions?
    test
  5. platinumstatz

platinumstatz Member

Its a decent mic, but there are still ways to make your vocal sound better. Just have to know how to manipulate EQ, Effects, & Compression. Learning these techniques help no matter what mic your using.
    test
  6. YUNGMANE

YUNGMANE New Member

how many post do i need to make a new thread
    test
  7. AvEis202

AvEis202 AvE202.com

Depends on equipment, room treatment, mixing and how your recording. If you recording techniques and mixing is on point then it could boil down to your room treatment or your signal chain. A lot of people spend money on really great mics but buy a shitty preamp.
    test
  8. SeanDon

SeanDon The Don Menace

like they said, you need to treat your recording environment to reduce reflections, then its a matter of delivering a good performance, THEN its all about mixing/mastering, eq'ing, compressing, reverb, delay effects to get the sound you want. It is hard tho to replicate the quality of the more expensive mics like nuemans
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.