How Can Anyone Consider MMLP To Be One Of The Greatest CDS EVER?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by -Oz-, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

He's dope as an emcee. Find 1 rapper not affiliated with Aftermath, that EVER mentioned MMLP as a great, or evem an above average album.
    Im not claiming dude is wack, im saying this album gets dickridden more than Blueprint and Stillmatic.
    test
  2. H20_DirtyGlove

H20_DirtyGlove New Member

i wasnt speakin too u then on that part everything else was toward u u hate on everybody cause U suck
    test
  3. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

You also don't use punctuation when you write. You are a complete moron, nobody gives a shit what you think, because when you type it, its incomprehendable. Retards should have to pass a reading test to join the site.
    test
  4. Fire Cracka

Fire Cracka New Member

This album was a VERY good album.

It's the truth.

Very talented.

Too bad Eminem is a sellout and only does shit for money now :|
    test
  5. H20_DirtyGlove

H20_DirtyGlove New Member

actually I disagree I think he dont do it for money he justs dont got that spark nomore nobody at his head I knew what kinda album this was goin be u gotta listen to em same shit people in the streets was sayin he sayin hiself i.e. the Got It Twisted freestyle he ripped it but he said he aint got nomore ammo he said he gettin bored then started sayin alotta gibberish sayin he was makin a new language........i knew what to expect he need that fuel............Benzino came back at em............that's a lil fuel...........but I mean he goin hafta dig deep for this new album...........cause his lasts one was ehhhhh.............justs like 50's.........I think 50'll run outta shit to say fore em though...........
    test
  6. Fire Cracka

Fire Cracka New Member

Actually, that makes sense.
    test
  7. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

i can undatsand u h20...deez nggaz still hate on rappers so why would they understand u ya know
    test
  8. X sample

X sample New Member

lmfao....*dead*

of course it was a diss at eminem....lmao, everyone knows that....

and 'real slim shady' is one of slims bests songs ever....blah
    test
  9. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

Nobody I've ever talked to in the real world thinks it was an Eminem diss.
    test
  10. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Word^
    Just net heads who over analyze EVERYTHING.

You cant be serious. What kind of teenie bopping shit are you into?
    test
  11. i.k.g.

i.k.g. MMAAAADDD CCCHHIIIIILLSSS

MMLP=SSLP>TES>......

8---D encore
    test
  12. mike ockburns

mike ockburns New Member

Actually, satire is almost always comical. Maybe not laugh out loud funny, but funny in a sort of tounge-in-cheek way.

You're right about Criminal, it is a satire because of the sarcasm and irony, when he's saying that all the stuff he raps about makes him a criminal he's really saying that he can rap about whatever he wants and still not be a criminal. But the other songs you said just don't qualify.

Who Knew he pretty much says point blank what he's talking about. It's not really sarcasm or ironic, he basically just says "it's not my fault that kids listen to my music and get stupid ideas." He may have a ********* line here or there, but most of the song isn't *********, and it doesn't really qualify as a satire.

The Rea Slim Shady - once again, he pretty much says straight forward what he means. The lines you quoted are comedic but not satirical, there is a difference. Satire is supposed to be a sorta subtle way for writers to poke fun at humanity. When you just flat out say what you mean, it's not really satire.
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ yes it is a satire... so you're tellin' me those lines I pointed out aren't 100% satire!?!?!?

there's more but that's all I took off the first verse...............
    test
  14. mike ockburns

mike ockburns New Member

It's not satire because it's just a straight forward comment. There's nothing hidden behind it, there's no sarc.asm or irony in there, it's just him saying that people need to loosen up.

When you look at classic satires in literature like Animal Farm or Gullivers Travels, they never just straight out say the message they always come up with plots that reflect their message without ever once resorting to actually just saying it, which is what's so brilliant about satire.
    test
  15. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

1. Public Service Announcement 2000 - it sets the tone for CD I guess... but eh

2. Kill You - I think this track is sick, always have 8/10

3. Stan - I agree... quite possible his best song. 10/10

4. Paul Skit - whatever

5. Who Knew - another dope track, and I like the concept... the skippidy bee bop shit was hilarious 8/10

6. Steve Berman - whatever

7. The Way I Am - flow was bonkers, very original pattern... good concept, one of his most complete tracks IMO 9/10

8. The Real Slim Shady - cotton candy, yeah, but I remember when I first heard it and I was like "oh shit"... probably his best lead single, and the rhyme schemes are dope - for what it is, it's dope - 7/10

9. Remember Me - Em's verse is nuts, and I love this beat... played the shit out of it for weeks when it dropped. I liked RBX on Chronic, and Sticky is dope - 8/10

10. Im Back - never really liked it... filler to me - 6/10

11. Marshal Mathers - I disagree... I think this was one of the standout tracks on the album - the shit about his moms lawyer was classic lmao and the "girlfriends house": I feel that. He's basically just sayin "I'm a regular person" to the fame hounds - 8/10

12. Ken Kaniff Skit - absolutely godawful... the first Ken Kannif skit on SSLP had me rolling. I've listened to this once and always program it out lol 0/10

13. Drug Ballad - it's alright... I can relate to the bottom of the barrel drug escapade remeniscing, just a sequl to the one with that chick on SSLP - 7/10

14. Amityville - Bizarre came completely out of left feild with this shit... I got into it when I gave it a chance for Em's verse, but it's really kinda weak 6/10

15. Bitch Please II - dope track, but I agree... it was totally out of place, and Em shouldda used that verse on his own

16. Kim - I think this shit is amazing... way too intense, hard to listen to most of the time, but that kind of speaks to it's movie-like quality of storytelling and how well the concept was done. Prequel to '97 Bonnie and Clyde... nice idea - 9/10

17. Under The Influence - it's kinda dope, everyone ripped it in their own right... but it got old quick, and it's one of the few early D12 tracks I don't really like compared to Get Back, Words Are Weapons, No One's Iller etc... "Shit On You" was left off this album, and was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY iller

18. Criminal - dope, but I don't get into it that much... something more like Still Don't Give a Fuck with the lyrical insanity wouldda done more for me - 7/10

The Kids from the edited version was actually a good song - I agree, and Shit On You was deleted... they wouldda made the album alot better to replace some of the weaker songs.

I think the album is incredible in some spots, mediocre in a few places... too inconsistent to be 5/5, but I still think it's a great album. Still a 4/5 to me, and thats what I rated it back then too.
    test
  16. White_Mike

White_Mike Rapmusic.com O.G.

Hell yeah. We're all gonna remember the shit surrounding that CD which makes it a piece of pop culture. Not to mention its a sick CD.
    test
  17. dj battle cry

dj battle cry Active Member

you people are stupid for thinking he was dissing eminem, especially whn 2 years later they did a song together.....nerds
    test
  18. Prominance

Prominance I'm Blacker, Trust Me

Yaaay. And can pull shit from an online dictionary which doesnt prove points that make no sense. And he can pretend to win an argument. And is dellusional about making it big in hiphop. When you go double wood, I'll be the first to break out that champagne bottle and toast to your success. Just keep reading those Industry Insider books about the Entertainment Industry, thats what Em did to get himself famous. Study hard young apprentice, you dont need talent in the rap game. You just need to read a bunch of books and inflate your ego by delluding yourself into thinking you can rap shit better than nannys changing diapers. You the illest thing since cancer dog!

Satire always has humour/comedy idiot. It might not be the off the wall comedy of Eminem (and infact 99% of the time real satire's purpose is to point out something, not shock value). Satire is a form of Comedy. Punchlines are a form of Comedy. Physical Imitation is a form of comedy. A Parody is a form of comedy. But all the supposedely satirical pieces you pointed out where all comedic without being ironic and pointing out no moral unjustice or wrong values held in society as a whole. Satire is usually political. No politics there. No Social issues being tangled in any of the jargon you quoted. You want a real and comprehensive definition of satire, go here http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Satire and quit posting some half assed dictionary.com definition. And if Criminal is satire then every other song in Slim Sahdy LP is satire. By your stupid definition half of rap would be satire. And Eminem wouldnt know real satire if he cuddled with it after it gave him head.

And as for your imaginary beef, yeah, Slim=Eminem, Dogs=DMX, Barking=DMX crying for his mother, And he was rapping about his Dad, oh wait, he doesnt have a Dad, he has a StepDad, but DMX said Stepdad in the song right, yeah and Bitch must = Kim because Kim is three letters and since Slim Shady had done two albums at the time...................
    test
  19. X sample

X sample New Member

well EVERYONE i know in the real world thinks that it was a diss to em, man its just a given..everyone knew dmx didnt like him...
    test
  20. X sample

X sample New Member

fuck off, the real slim shady is a tight commercial single...he fuckin ripped it, the whole concept of the song was just so eminem, it represented everything he was up till that point...and he killed the song lyrics, flow and rhyme scheme wise...from a technical point of view of whatever u wanna call it...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.