How Can Anyone Consider MMLP To Be One Of The Greatest CDS EVER?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by -Oz-, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Plz help me on this, I see people talking that shit all the time.
    Yes, it went 9x platinum and took Eminem to a whole new level.

No beef in this thread plz. I really just want to understand. This is my view on ALL the songs.

Also, alot of the beats are boring and monotomous.

1. Public Service Annoucement --- Annoying Waste, I like raps on intros.

2. Kill You --- Pretty good, I've never heard of anyone saying anything great about it. Meant for nothing more than pure shock value, which means he really has no point to the song, and is just spitting random bullshit. The lyrics are dope though. 7/10

3. Stan --- Completely dope. Quite possibly Eminems best song ever. 10/10

4. Paul Skit --- Blah, did this shit on first album, skits are gay.

5. Who Knew --- Another dope song, beat, flow, lyrics all nice. 9/10

6. Steve Berman --- More wasted space. Blah blah blah.

7. The Way I Am --- Beat is kind of boring, lyrics are dope. Real nice song. 8.5/10

8. The Real Slim Shady --- Fucking awful. Complete irrelevence, meant for nothing more than shock value. Basically, "ima put out this wack garbage to make sure I sell". Pitiful. 3/10

9. Remember Me --- Good idea for song, song is pretty nice, especially since Sticky Fingerz on it. 8/10

10. I'm Back --- Mostly shock value, hook is garbage, beats nothing special, song is really nothing special. 4/10

11. Marshal Mathers --- Half the song is dedicated to dissing ICP, fucking waste. The lyrics on the first verse are pretty cool, again, nothing special, another boring beat, with shock value lyrics. 5/10

12. Ken Kaniff Skit --- Eminem outdoes himself, with a skit worst than the first 3 combined, great.

13. Drug Ballad --- Blah blah blah, more bullshit. The title itself indicates that its nothing more than the typical drug song that he puts on a cd. 5/10

14. Amityville --- Another shock value track, this time with wack ass D12 riding along. Blah. 5/10

15. Bitch Plz 2 --- This don't feel right on this CD AT ALL. Sounds nothing like any of the other songs, and quite frankly bitch plz 1 was enough. 4/10

16. Kim --- This was pretty nice, real original. 7/10

17. Under The Influence --- Fucking terrible, hate this bullshit. Beat is gay and annoying, and the song just flat out sucks. 3/10

18. Criminal --- Another song devoted entirely to shock value, but I actually like this one, with the bank robbing shit and all. 7/10

UNRELEASED

Kids --- This song is dope, actually another drug song, but from a different angle, this SHOULD have been on the cd in place of nearly any other song.

So yeah, I only see 4 or 5 real dope songs. I dunno, maybe some of you are really into the shock value bullshit, I cant see any other way people would think some of this shit is good....drop some opinions
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

For your copy and pasting convience

1. Public Service Announcement 2000
    2. Kill You
    3. Stan
    4. Paul Skit
    5. Who Knew
    6. Steve Berman
    7. The Way I Am
    8. The Real Slim Shady
    9. Remember Me
    10. Im Back
    11. Marshal Mathers
    12. Ken Kaniff Skit
    13. Drug Ballad
    14. Amityville
    15. Bitch Please II
    16. Kim
    17. Under The Influence
    18. Criminal
    test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

wow... I'm not even gonna get into this... all I'm gonna say is that this is a CLASSIC ALBUM and is one of the greatest albums of all-time

I'm shocked you think I'm Back and Marshall Mathers were that bad....

and I think your problem is that you're takin' everything to literally... Em's tracks that you said were "just for shock value" are actually satires... they're all to make a point and it doesn't seem like you understand it... ehhh, whatever

I'm done here... AND -1-
    test
  4. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

First lines to Marshal Mathers

Yo, you might see me jogging, you might see me walking
    You might see me walking a dead rottweiler dog
    With his head chopped off in the park with a spike collar
    Hollering at him, cause the son of a bitch wont quit barking

Like i said, it sounds dope, but when you sit back and look at it, especially over the course of years that have gone bye, he really didnt say anything that is relevent to ANYTHING.
    Like I said, I guess some people go for that shit, I personally just cant get into it that much.

On a scale of 5-10, I gave Marshal Mathers a 5 still, which is average. Tho I will admit, his flow and rhyme schemes would all be at 8-10 for nearly the entire CD, the words are just missing.

I cant stand that im back shit tho, annoying hook and beat.
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

no, you just didn't understand that... from what I picked up on that, that was a subliminal diss at DMX cuz supposedly they were beefin' at the time... on Party Up, DMX was supposedly dissin' Em... "I love my baby mama, I'll never let her go..." 'n all that... he even says Slim...

Em also said: "I'ma kill you 'n 'em loud ass muthafuckin' barkin' dogs..." in Forgot About Dre... I doubt that's coincidence that he mentioned that two times.... it was a subliminal... it wasn't meaningless... you just didn't understand it
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Yo, you might see me jogging, you might see me walking
    You might see me walking a dead rottweiler dog
    With his head chopped off in the park with a spike collar
    Hollering at him, cause the son of a bitch wont quit barking

How the fuck does that have anything to do with anything. I think your reading way to far in lyrics lol. If he was truly talking about DMX, I would think he would use Pitbull as an analogy instead of Rottweiler. You can read something into anything, but if you sit back and look at it still...its fucking meaningless. Even if it was a DMX diss, it was meaningless.
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No, it's not meaningless... it was a subliminal... and if it wasn't, why would he say that in two different songs? about killings dogs cuz they won't stop barking (DMX always had dogs barkin' in his video and always barks himself)

umm, and listen to party up again... he's dissin' Em... it's kinda clear
    test
  8. Dee1R

Dee1R New Member

I'll tell you why, and this is not a racist statement its just the truth, people or should I say white people think its the greatest because they have no one else to look to in the field of Hiphop, you covered pretty much one of the same points I did in another one of these posts based on his lyrics, yeah its just shock value and doesnt have any effectiveness on who Hiphop matters to most and thats minorities in urban areas around the country, I personally dont know any African Americans who even own an Eminem album or let alone would play his music anywhere and thats just speaking on the people I know. He may not be around too much longer, maybe another album or 2 and bye bye
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

See, A LOTTA BLACK PEOPLE DO THAT SHIT... (I'm not white)... They pull the race card, jus' like white people do the same.... Ya'll can't give this du' credit... He's CLEARLY one of the best lyricist to ever come into mainstream rap... Marshall Mathers LP was CLEARLY a SICK album and ya'll try to take away from it... WTF??? If it's that wack and it's just because white people relate to 'em, why do MC's all around the industry (even before he had all this power) respect this du'? Every MC respects this cat as a lyricist in the game.... You hear people like Nate Dogg sayin' there's less than a handful of MC's that can even keep up wit du' on a track... Royce sayin' he's the illest lyricist on the planet after the beef started wit D12 and Em... Hov sayin' he's one of the dopest lyricist... Even Diddy said that... c'mon, it's not JUST CUZ HE's WHITE....

Him goin' near diamond has a lot to do with him bein' white but even if he was black and made songs like those, he'd still be one of the higher selling MC's... Probably 3 or 4 times platinum..... And it's not that "he's just white" cuz why didn't Bubba Sparxx or Slug or a handful of other white MC's blow? he's dope, that's why... end of story

AND I'M NOT WHITE....
    test
  10. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

Only to internet heads.
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Oh yeah... and fuck that... talkin' about minorities and all that shit....

Hov sells and talks about all his do' and clothes and all that shit... Most MC's talk about their clothes and cars and houses and hoes and all that shit... You think that's relative to hip hop or it's listeners?!?!??!?!?! Half the listeners don't have ANY OF THOSE
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

DMX - Party Up
    "And I don't know who the fuck you think you talkin to
    but I'm not him, aight Slim? So watch what you do
    Or you gon' find yourself, buried next to someone else
    and we all thought you loved yourself"

next verse:
    "Off the chain I leave *****z soft in the brain
    cause *****z still want the fame, off the name
    First of all, you ain't rapped long enough (he only had one album when this song came out - Em I mean)
    to be fuckin with me and you, you ain't strong enough
    So whatever it is you puffin on that got you think that you Superman
    I got the Kryptonite, should I smack him with my dick and the mic?
    Y'all *****z is characters, not even good actors
    What's gon' be the outcome? Hmm, let's add up all the factors
    You wack, you're twisted, your girl's a hoe
    You're broke, the kid ain't yours, and e'rybody know
    Your old man say you stupid, you be like, "So?
    I love my baby mother, I never let her go"

I'm tired of weak ass *****z whinin over puss
    that don't belong to them, fuck is wrong with them?"

that all seems like it's intended at Em... and is it coincidence that Em comes with Dre on Forgot About Dre and says: "I'ma kill you 'n 'em loud ass motherfuckin' barkin' dogs"? now who could he be talkin' about? who has barkin' dogs and barks all the time?

and then on Marshall Mathers, he says what he says... coincidence?
    test
  13. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

this thread is pointless

all i can say is that with those ratings you gave, you are the minority. A minority in terms of people with respectable amounts of hip hop knowledge.Cause almost all hip hop heads KNOW this is one of the dopest albums ever. Youre ratings are just ridiculous and show that you are an extreme eminem hater.
    test
  14. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

Slim is a common nickname - hell, even 50 uses it to refer to his nuccas, not Eminem.

And if it's a diss at Eminem, when has Eminem's "old man" ever said anything? It's an open ended diss to anyone...

And wow... barking dogs... like no one in the world owns a dog that barks. You internet heads read too much into anything.
    test
  15. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

I'm a ni gga every ni gga i kno got the real copy of that cd so u are stupid...............all rap lyrics are made for shock vale when a rapper says he's cooler than the other side of the pillow he dont mean it litterally...........or if somebody say they got so many roms in they houses they get losts it's bullshit....................whoever can say the mosts creative or gruesome punchline is the bests emcee...........u cant justs say like yeah I smoke trees u gotta say my weed green and sticky like double mint but u kno that it highly doubtful they blow justs gan they probably dont smoke or smoke cheap dirt but all rappers over exaggerate because u gotta be the bests the cutests the ni gga that get the mosts ass.........so all rap is for shock value if u really look at it............there's no difference between Em and any other rapper
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Eminem's dad said he fabricated his past and that he's makin' shit up to make up for the fact that he didn't have a good childhood or somethin' of that nature... and why would he say I'ma kill you 'n 'em loud ass muthafuckin' barkin' dogs and kill barkin' dogs two times in songs? it's not coincidence... Em's always sayin' he'll always love Kim and supposedly Kim's a "slut" so DMX was probably sayin' that Hailey's not even his and that Kim can do whatever she wants and Em's gonna always say he loves her (which he does)

and if barkin' dogs is just a natural thing to talk about, why haven't you heard MC's sayin' they're gonna kill barkin' dogs for no reason, nonertheless two times right after DMX had dropped that track......... doesn't add up
    test
  17. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

it was an actually diss it's on this battle site I'll link it if I find it...........it got all the battles ever in hip-hop that were mainstream
    test
  18. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

Eminem has never seen his father..................his STEPFATHER said that duke.........i'm a link him to the site so he a shut the fuck up
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

okay blowjobbob....
    test
  20. Dee1R

Dee1R New Member

read what I said real slow over again until you get it clear then look in the mirror and call yourself stupid because you lack reading comprehension, I wasnt speaking on everybody in general I SAID WHO I KNOW and you are in Detroit, big difference from the rest of the country especially being thats his hometown, and no not all lyrics are made for shock value, the problem is all you little bastards know is modern day commercial Hiphop and thats it "oh it aint on BET or MTV it dont exist", Im willing to bet I can listen to 10 people on this site and probably could match their styles up with someone who has a release out today, damn Im so glad my life is real and has substance, good luck to you all really. Ive learned something today 1 stay off of message boards, 2 dont ever comment on an eminem thread and 3 nobody here keeps it real because they all have the protection of a computer screen where nobody can see how square they really are
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.