How attached are ladies to diamonds..

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by E. Fate, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E. Fate

E. Fate Guest

when it comes to the engagement ring?

Only reason why I'm asking is I want to ask my girl to marry me, but instead of a diamond, I wanted to get her a ring that had her favorite stone in it (an ice blue sapphire) with complimenting (smaller) diamonds on either end of the middle stone. It's a uniquely/exclusively made ring that can only be found here in the islands (Shes from Florida, so it works even more so in my favor to give her something rare) The ring intially costs 998, but as a local here in the VI I get a 20% discount plus the owner knows me.

My only question is, if you were her, would you accept the sapphire, or would you sulk because you didn't get the diamond?
    test
  2. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

I would be dissapointed but I think my standards of an engagment ring are quite high..
    test
  3. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I think I a lot of women would like it, but then again, like you stated it depends on how attached the woman is to the idea of diamonds.

I post on some other sites that are just women and a lot of them have posted pictures of their e-rings that are "non-traditional" and have other stones rather than just diamonds.

My e-ring has diamonds but that isn't the main feature of the ring. It's the gold sculpted rose in the middle of it and I love it. I've never seen anybody else with one similar and it was/is my DREAM ring.

I don't want to say much b/c I think what a woman wants in an e-ring is highly an individual choice, but it's the thought and meaning behind the ring that really matters not the materials it is made of for me. Then again maybe I am not the one to talk b/c I got the ring I wanted lol
    test
  4. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

Welcome back stranger ^ ...lol
    test
  5. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I agree with lala--it all depends on what she likes. I know myself, diamonds are no big deal. I'd actually rather thought went into my ring. To something I like, from my mans creativity. Again as lala stated tho, that's just my opinion. If you don't think your girl is that attached to having diamonds. Then I think this is the perfect e-ring. Sounds beautiful!!!
    test
  6. I think the blue sapphire shows alot of thought.

I don't understand why women get so hung up on wanting and needing a diamond. maybe its connected to the pressure of having to show thier freinds the ring that they got, and if its not a diamond, then *gasp*. your mans seen as cheapskate regardless of how much thought went into getting the ring. So is it about showing off?

I could be way off though..maybe short can answer this one
    test
  7. ~S*T*A*R*M~

~S*T*A*R*M~ Goddess

Well, you know your lady better than any of us do. And knowing her as intimately as you do, I think you should ask yourself which you think she will appreciate more. As lala said, we each have our own different tastes.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.