Hot Summer = Less Appetite?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Ben Official, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

Man since like last week when it started to get real hot over here, I haven't been able to eat ANYWHERE near what I normally do. I went from 6 meals to about 3, maybe 4 including a small snack. My appetite has fucking plummeted. Anybody else noticing the same thing or am I a crack head.
    test
  2. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

When I am in Florida where it is humid as hell, and when I have to be outside for a while (walking to class, car wash, just posted, etc), I usually am just thirsty. After I drink a lot, I won't be hungry for at least two hours. So I don't lose my appetite to that level, but drinking a lot definitely kills my appetite, and I don't really feel like eating when I am tired or have been sweating.
    test
  3. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

In the summer you tend to lose more appetite do to your body sweating....the heat doesnt make yoru body work as hard to maintain a 98 degree tempreture like it does in the winter...so your main focus is replinishing your body with fluids thats why your not as hungry because WATER is the most important for your body at all times you need to be hydrated so your body wants water or liquid during summer more then food.

In winter I am more hungry...and alot of people tend to eat more in the winter because your body is heating up to maintain body temp to 98 degrees so you dont freeze to death...so it takes more energy their for your hungrier and eat more thats why people tend to get fatter in the winter like during november thanks giving and x mas time december.

You also pee more in the winter then in the summer because in the summer your sweat alot so you dont have to use the restroom as much.

its basically why you see some girls in the summer towards the end like september looking there hottest because they lost alot of that winter fat by then...and in the winter they tend to plump up and put on my fat.
    test
  4. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Damm, I never knew all of that. It depends where you live too...in L.A., our "4 seasons" feel more like 2. In the winter, the lows are 45-50, and summer highs are like 85-90, and it's always wind and not humidity. When I am in Florida, the summertime there is nooo kind of joke.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.