Homosexuality

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Joro, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volaticus

Volaticus Anarcho-Capitalist

Considering the currently leading theory on homosexuality, there may be FAR MORE merit to this than previously thought. However, one must keep in mind that homosexuality (and bisexuality) are part of normal variation of human sexual preference. Zoophilia, and other abnormal deviations are not part of the normal human variation, and do not belong being compared to homosexuality.
    test
  2. Radium

Radium f k

you can't prove that for reasons I've shown
    test
  3. Volaticus

Can't prove what?
    test
  4. Radium

Radium f k

the implication that homosexuality/bisexuality is natural whereas zoophilia (or whatever) is unnatural. you remain arguing from the basis that sexuality is hard-wired and of clean-cut physical property happened from birth instead of an amorphous (possibly constantly) changing entity that is the unique sum of many different parts from a person's developing life. this is wrong

the reasons in brief...

sexuality is an extension of personality

thus whatever the personality is; the sexuality is

the creation of the personality comes from many different directions so every person necessarily will have a unique personality - and tehfore by extension - a unique sexuality

however there are themes and patterns to a human life that many people share. we go through many of the same experiences and share a great deal of the same physical make up with each other

thus patterns tend to appear

like heterosexuality being the most common pattern, homosexuality/bisexuality being less common patterns, and zoophilia and the like being even less common patterns

so as you can see there really is no barrier wall separating the types of sexuality from each other - only general patterns to human personality that by extension become reflected as general patterns in human sexuality from varying degrees of more-common to less-common

thus, ezzard charles KO bob satterfield (with a terrific left hook)

you see

fundamentally your concept of sexuality is wrong. you think of it as a thing only of itself instead of a product of a larger thing. this skews your conclusions.
    test
  5. Volaticus

What I'm suggesting is that homosexuality and bisexuality are part of normal human sexual variance, and that sexual attraction to animals, trees, etc. are not, which is based upon the assumption that homosexuality and bisexuality can be traced to a gestational imbalance of testosterone, whereas zoophilia and other "abnormal" sexual conditions cannot be traced to anything other than psychological trauma of some kind. Again, this is an assumption that is not necessarily true, and of course it therefore begs the question. I'm not asserting that the assumption (premise) is necessarily true; What I am asserting is that the conclusion (that homosexuality is normal, whereas zoophilia is not) is valid insofar as the premise (that homosexuality is caused predominantly by gestational hormone imbalances, whereas zoophiliia is predominantly caused by trauma) accurately describes the root causes of human sexuality. Until we have more conclusive evidence supporting or refuting the premise, we really can't increase our level of certainty.
    test
  6. Radium

Radium f k

then the argument becomes

that gender based sexuality (attractions to genders) are natural sexuality

whereas non gender based sexuality (attractions to things) are not

I can agree with you here then

my only problem is that testosterone levels in the womb can't be conclusively placed as the causes of gender based sexuality (though they largely shape them)

and we seem to be in agreement at that
    test
  7. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

when it comes to natural vs. unnatural, i've always felt that everything humans do is natural.

but if you use natural to mean things we observe in species besides humans, or things we observe in humans that we are naturally inclined to do as a survival mechanism, then the only form of natural sex is heterosexual sex. that's the only type of sex that results in procreation, and therefore the only type of sex that serves a 'natural' purpose.

even if the attraction to the same sex happens semi-frequently, it serves no purpose to the survival of the species, other than arguably population control. but if that is your argument, then zoophilia serves the same purpose.

overall i think radium is on the right track in suggesting that each sexuality is unique just like each personality is unique, but you also have to remember that each genetic sequence is also unique. so the uniqueness of it all doesn't necessarily take biological cause out of the picture.
    test
  8. Radium

Radium f k

Ive been arguing that the 'biological cause' IS 'part of the picture'

only that its only a part and not the whole thing

for example a testosterone deprived male in the womb may still become sexually attracted to females in his life (or trees, animals) instead of men

how does the theory volaticus has backed in this thread explain this?
    test
  9. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

correct... and in all other spicies, any un-natural product is weeded out by natural selection (sort a speak). homoes being un-natural, should be killed off at birth or first sight of deformity. the sick, lame, all of them should never be able to reproduce but killed off. this is why it would reade that "god" did not approve... as god represents those things that are good and right in the sight of good and right (for man and mankind).
    test
  10. Dex Lewis

Dex Lewis Guest

test
  11. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

well it could be possible that the testosterone flush (or the lack thereof) is not the cause of homosexuality, but rather a prerequisite that makes people vulnerable to becoming homosexual. but as of right now the study comparing self proclaimed gay men to self proclaimed heterosexual males and females shows a parallel between being gay and being a female in terms of brain structure. this would indicate causation. of course the book is far from closed, further studies could show self-proclaimed straight men also having female brain structure. hell, in some cases there are men who are genetically women and women who are genetically men (in terms of having xx or xy chromosomes).

the only thing is, as explained in the video volaticus posted it's difficult to study this on the fetal level because obviously we don't want to tamper with the pregnancy. also, if a male claims to be straight and his brain structure shows signs of homosexuality then he could always just be a closet fag. but if a significant amount of straight men are proven to have this brain structure then you'll be correct.

well i dont follow any sort of religion so i wont speak on the part about god

but as to natural selection picking off the sick, the weak and in this case the homosexuals.. that is correct to an extent. except modern medicine and technology has rendered the forces of natural selection practically useless in the modern human population, so a lot of our weak and our mentally deficient are instead looked after and cared for their whole lives. i wont speak as to whether i think this is a good thing, suffice it to say i don't see it as productive but i can understand the emotional element behind it.

in terms of permanent homosexuals they are not weeded out by dieing at birth or at any other time, they are weeded out by dieing without being able to spread their seed. this doesn't seem to matter though because obviously homosexuals are bred out of heterosexual parents, and so the homosexual population doesn't seem to diminish despite the lack of ability to spread their seed and therefore their heretic traits on to the next generation.
    test
  12. Joro

Joro New Member

Whoa...could such things actually be?

Well, as the cynic Oscar Wilde said:

"When God wishes to punish us, he gives us what we pray for"
    test
  13. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

so are you an actual gay or was this thread just a desperate plea for attention?
    test
  14. Joro

Joro New Member

Am I gay? Do I desperately need attention from RM posters? Thought provoking questions.

My answers: I ....don't....know....?

What I do know is that this debate, like your questions, has also been thought provoking.
    test
  15. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

test
  16. Joro

Joro New Member

you have offended me
    test
  17. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

i hope you aint gay Joro... id have 2kill u!
    test
  18. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

no, you have offended me
    test
  19. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

real talk
    test
  20. Joro

Joro New Member

I'm so profound I brought SIZZLA and Tequila Jong-il together.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.