Homosexuality

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Joro, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joro

Joro New Member

I'm a homosexual.

I'm interested in reading the various opionions of this board on homosexuality.

Some say homosexuals are born, not made, and this attitude generally engenders tolerance. Others say it's a choice.

For me, and I personally believe for everybody, it's a choice. I choose to like men. I have consciously rebelled against nature's ordination of what I SHOULD be. I'm just not comfortable being what I SHOULD be. Maybe it is something psychological, something in me reacting to specific experiences, but I haven't pinpointed any.

When I express this to other gay men they tell me that I'm in denial, that I'm trying to play both sides of the fence. But I'm not! I know I'm gay - but I also happen to know, to be able to admit, it's not natural. At the same time I know I'm not some sort of aberration of nature, I just think differently. And I'm honest about it.

Other gay men say they were born this way, and it always turns into a friendly argument.

What do you think - Choice or Nature?

PS. Before you call me a "bitch" or anything else, check yourself. Better
    believe that one of my freewheeling blowjobs would turn you into a sugar daddy.
    test
  2. Volaticus

Volaticus Anarcho-Capitalist

Why does it matter? Does one legitimize or delegitimize your preferences any more than the other? Again, why does it matter?
    test
  3. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i think nature vs choice is a narrow minded way to view sexuality.

sexuality relying on choice alone doesn't make much sense at all. if i like fat bitches, and trust me there are people who like fat bitches, does that mean i chose to like a fat bitch? no, obviously not, why would anybody choose to like a fat bitch? why would anyone in their right mind risk both physical injury from sex accidents and emotional injury from being taunted by your peers? further more, sexuality being a choice seems to suggest that if i wanted to i could be attracted to anybody. that's just not true. if it was, i would just find some old rich lady to cling on to and just choose to be attracted to her so i could milk her for money.

as far as being a fag in nature is concerned, gay behavior is observable and widely recognized in many species. the thing is, two animals don't just decide to become butt buddies. humans are the only ones who do that. animals use gay sex usually to display dominance over a less worthy opponent. such as if two chimps are about to fight, the weaker one will bend over and let the dominant male mount him to avoid a physical confrontation. other scenarios involving gay sex in nature usually involve desperation (no females around), sort of like the natural equivalent of prison rape.

i've seen studies of the human brain that indicated there is a general difference in certain areas between gay men and straight men, which showed a similarity between gay male and straight female brains. though i don't know if this is the cause of gaydome or if gayness has an effect on your brain development. it could be that all that techno music and reality tv is warping your brain.
    test
  4. Dex Lewis

Dex Lewis Guest

Hall of shame this filth.
    test
  5. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

faggooottttttttttttt
    test
  6. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

lol @ Joro continually trying to stir shit up, and people continually chewing the bait.

You guys realize he made several comments about fucking women in the past, right?

*smh*...
    test
  7. Dex Lewis

Dex Lewis Guest

Duh.

It's still attention seeking at it's most pathetic.
    test
  8. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

damn, can't believe i typed out a serious response. although i still maintain that OP is most likely a homosexual.
    test
  9. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

^lmao, fair enough...
    test
  10. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

come off it... now your making it too deep! being gay is a choice, like all other things. like eating meat. drinking beer and not wine. its rooted in pleasure and conciousness. fags are fags because they want to be. were not animals. restraint and conditioning exist in our lives if we so desire it. if gay was not a concept, am option, nobody would embrace it. since its allowed, people go for it. selfishness plays a large part in the process. not to mention, being a damn freek.:screwy:
    test
  11. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

if being gay is a choice, then what you're saying is that if you wanted to, you could make yourself like dick. is that what you're saying?
    test
  12. Volaticus

Homosexuality is simply a manifestation of subjective preference.
    test
  13. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

that doesn't necessarily address the question, though. preference is not necessarily consciously chosen. you may think that you make your own decisions and choices, but the simple fact is that a lot of what you prefer and choose to do, you are already naturally inclined to do. you can choose not to eat, but you will die. you can choose not to reproduce, but your seed will die out.

your taste is formed by experience. it's not simply a choice you make on your own, it's something that's imprinted into you. this applies to music, movies, food, whatever. if you listen to some eastern music, they use a scale that is set up in quarter tones as opposed to our half tones in western music. to us, this sounds out of tune but to them it's what they are accustomed to, so it sounds right.

look at jazz music, you don't just pick up a ornette coleman record and decide that you're going to like it. it's a taste that has to be imprinted into you through stimuli. sex fetishes (that is, any deviation from the normal male on female missionary sex in the dark for the purpose of procreation) most likely arise in the very same way.
    test
  14. Volaticus

I don't address the question because the question of why some people sexually prefer members of their own gender is irrelevant.
    test
  15. Mcg-

Mcg- New Member

It's a tough question.
    If its 100% genetic, then how could gays, who do not reproduce continue across generations? Simply, they can't.
    So we can assume that its either partly genetic or wholly environmental.

Is it a choice?
    A choice is when people consciously decide to do or not to do something. I don't think sexual desire is of this nature.

For example, (for a heterosexual male) if you're with a girl your not attracted to, it may be physically impossible for you to have sex with her. This isn't a choice. It simply is, most men simply are not sexually attracted to old/sickly/ugly/unhealthy women (OSUU Women).

Why are most men (or certain men) not attracted to OSUU women? There can be many reasons, intrinsic beauty, genetic factors, the media, etc...

whatever the reason happens to be, genetic or otherwise, it doesn't matter. All that matters in terms of sexual desire is that a particular man only likes certain kinds of women, and not OSUU's.

I think the same thing is true about homosexuals. They happen to be attracted to their own sex, and repulsed by the opposite sex in the same way most straight men are repulsed by OSUU women. I don't think either is a choice. I don't choose to not be attracted to both OSUU women and men, and only to be attracted to beautiful women - that's just how it is.

Some people say that being gay is against nature; but what does that mean?

Some argue from design, that because we have sexual organs intended for procreation, then gay sex is against nature. Following this line of though, the exact same argument could be made about ANY non-reproductive heterosexual sex. If the function of humans sexcually is procreation, then any deviation from this is against nature. Its also easy to apply the same argument to other "natural" functions of humans and see what absurd points result.

The other argument is that its against nature because it runs counter to society collectively, the idea that is that we are born to procreate (or to follow the bible, go forth and multiply). However, one can easily argue that the state of things currently, it is not best that we go forth and multiply with populations being as high as they are. Is it natural for humans to multiply till we reach levels where we begin dying ou "naturally"? Surely, one natural element of humans is their capacity to reason. Does reason not dictate that we plan our societies for the future? So from the perspective that gayness is anti-natural because its anti-society is also flawed.

I think the gay is not-natural argument is usually a disguise to cloak anti-gay arguments in quazi-natural law language.
    test
  16. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

i duno. i like Eastern music. also, the one drop reggae beat. as for food, i have a 10 and a 6 year old who has never had meat eggs or fish... nothin from or of an animal. humans are impressionable, creatures of habbit. yes, we can direct our desires at things such as the carnal five senses would have us to or, we can answear to a higher calling (a 6th sense). we can allow some principal to guide us. one such as "Life." it becomes the standard. the motivation for doing whatever the situation or moment calls for.
    test
  17. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i don't really know what you're saying here. you're guided by a 6th sense? what 6th sense? god? extrasensory perception? lazer-vision?
    test
  18. Volaticus

test
  19. Bar nigga

Bar nigga 314 STL Ancient of daze..

pure faggotry

hope you like burnin' in hell all because of your ungodly lust for men.
    maybe u'll get butt fucked by a demon

ur dream come true
    test
  20. Radium

Radium f k

asking "why" homosexuality happens would lead to the larger question being asked

which is

is homosexuality right

so

why/how this happens is actually the most important question as this basic knowledge bridges to larger conclusions

volaticus...

(you know I had to do it ____ )

[youtube]Je9fncDgI-s[/youtube]

oh i got you again
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.