Homophobia in battles....

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Verbal Marksman, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

I was just talkin about this today with a good homie of mine, and I wanted to know what some of you guys think about it....

Here's the deal, I know that I do it sometimes, but I've been thinkin about if that's ok or not. Like, to call somebody a "faggot" in a battle, that type of shit. I don't exactly know how I feel about it, but I DO want to know what some of the heads on this board think. Good lookin.
    test
  2. Mighty Mowf

Mighty Mowf New Member

funny you should say that

hahaa ive said this at plenty of battles..and its rare to go an entire battle event where SOMEONE doesnt resort to the gay/fag lines or even worse...and this is more frequent then not...someone sayin i ll put my dick..in some part of their opponents body...i mean..a smart cat would immediately clown that shit for quick crowd points..yet its even rarer someone does do that....i cant call it holmes...mystery to me..i used to think of it as a crutch...like some cats say every other line i come off the top or blah blah blah, in everyline..then i thought...damn...maybe this cat really IS gay sayin some of this shit...

o well...

imo
    test
  3. Verbal Marksman

^^^
    Yea, I hear what you're sayin, dawg.
    I mean, I'm gonna try to start cuttin the gay jokes down a little bit.
    test
  4. sixty cycle hum

sixty cycle hum short arms, deep pockets

ill grab and mcs nuts in a battle.
    test
  5. Verbal Marksman

test
  6. DickThaNetThug

DickThaNetThug New Member

I read an interview with sage francis and he was saying how he thought it was one of the woorst things you could do!!
    test
  7. ThaBoRat

ThaBoRat New Member

i think it's all good if you do it in a creative way... don't just say "ur gay.. ur a fag" or whatever...

but the richard simmons line was pretty funny... i have a weird feeling that this is what the whole threads about... haha jk

peace
    test
  8. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

I think that its mostly like a filler in a line, so you can make the rhyme sound better. Ive yet to hear a battle with out the word "fag" in it......
    test
  9. Verbal Marksman

I guess it kind of is. I don't know, the shit just make me think about this: I know that there are gay heads out there, and I wonder what it feels like to hear about people just totally making a total joke out of your lifestyle, ya know?
    test
  10. DickThaNetThug

i wouldnt bother thinkin about it like that.......... (unless of course u r having umm cough homosexual thoughts..which from judging most the shit u say.. ur not.... um but I dont know)

Anyway I think the only problem with ye ol gay jokes is that its been done to death~!!~
    test
  11. sympyl

sympyl New Member

asdf

ya pass, you shouldn't worry bout that, i saw you battle and you smashed it without usin that shit.
    test
  12. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

Who cares i dont think too many gay people listen to battles and if they do........fuck then I rhyme better?
    test
  13. kingauthor

kingauthor Active Member

I think that thats just one aspect i mean in battles mufuckas bring up weight, race and sex so nothing is really held sacred in battles. anybody who takes offense just doesnt have a sense of humor. I mean mufuckas no what they r getting in to when they battle. Like it isnt socially acceptable to hit anybody but we still watch and support boxing i look at battles the same way whether its right or wrong.
    test
  14. Numberz

Numberz KING

Yeah, really. I don't think too many homosexuals listen to hip hop or battle sessions, but whatever. I ain't gay and I don't like that shit at all really, but if someone's gay, I ain't gonna go out of my way to offend them. And when you think about it, callin someone a faggot is pretty much like callin someone a ²²²²²²² or ch!nk or some shit like that.

Anyway, ²²²²²s can say faggot all they want in battles, but my problem really ain't with the word. In the great words of B. Rabbit, "OK, folks. Enough with the gay jokes." The whole gay shit is just played. It's rare now where I hear a gay line that I laugh at. Shit has been done to death. Between the shit ²²²²²s say in real life, the all the wackass gay jokes on these message boards, and almost every battle session I've ever heard, the gay thing is just wack now. When I hear people drop gay lines now, I'm usually I'm just like, "Really? He sucked his dad's dick? Wow. So, where's the punchline?"

Basically, just don't take the shit too seriously. It's just a battle. Whatever comes off the dome is just that.
    test
  15. NiKaTiNE

NiKaTiNE New Member

haha... just save the gay/fag jokes for a battle w/ dose one... j/p that wasnt nice...
    test
  16. DickThaNetThug

i think he summed this up perfectly!!
    test
  17. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

He's Ask'n Cuz He's Homosexual...Tha Beard Was really Tha Result Of A Horrific Tea Bag'n Incident...
    test
  18. Young Duke

Young Duke New Member

Ayo Dogs This Vinnie Paz, Daddy! What The Fuckin Deal?! Illadelph Shambala Nahmsayin?

But Yo Yall Fuckin Crabs Cant Overstand This Homo Thug Shit. Fuck All Homo Fags They Need To Be Burned At The Stake Like The Other Heathens. Praise Be Allah, Im Out.
    test
  19. sixty cycle hum

sixty cycle hum short arms, deep pockets

no holds barred in a battle. if you feel like calling the kid a fag is going to get you a win, fuck it, go for it...
    test
  20. thousand words

thousand words IF YOUR MOTHER ONLY BLEW

use it to your advantage if he makes a gay diss to you drop some shit to counteract that like something aobut him asking you about zodiak signs or something i dont know.

whatever wins
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.