Home Runs, Heroes and Hypocrisy: Performance Enhancement in Black and White

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by identity-X, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

plus if black hitters are so good theyde have 2 pitch 2 babe since runners would be on base more often and a good hitter would be behind him

u must not understand baseball
    test
  2. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

^^You're a fuckin idiot. Blacks are the most talented mafuckaz on this planet when it comes to athletics. Go watch the fuckin olympics.... Look at how blacks dominated the NBA, the NFL and baseball once it became intergrated..
    test
  3. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

What does being a great athlete have to do with pitching though? Truth is you could look like David Wells and still be a good pitcher...

I think it's stupid to argue what records are tainted because most records could be argued because of the rule changes throughout the years and the way the game evolved. Hell up until 1887 a batter could call his pitch, and the pitching mound has been altered over the years. Remember 1968 when the mound was lowered after an extremely dominant year by pitchers? 1893 the mount was set at 60 feet 6 inches and it caused a lot of pitchers to loose their dominance. Most pitching records are not attainable anymore due to the changes of the game. Also cheating has long been a part of the game, baseball seems to be a sport about gaining that advantage.

All of this heresay and what if's. Would Negro League players have dominated the game? I'm sure there would have been a good deal who would've continued their dominance, just as in the MLB as well. I'm also sure there are some players who benefited due to smaller talent pool on their side as well. If you say one side benefited from the talent pool then you have to admit that other side benefited as well..

The way I feel is if Bonds used steroids before they were banned in 2002 then big fucking deal. It was legal and just another thing in the long history of baseball that players used to get the advantage, and banned like the others. The only thing I have to say about the steroid era, FUCK BRADY ANDERSON.
    test
  4. Nam Dekan

depends on the era, because Walter Johnson is possibly the greatest pitcher of all time..

as for sluggers..give me willie mays or jimmie foxx
    test
  5. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

bosnia beat the us in basketball in the olympics
    test
  6. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

i wonder how many home runs babe ruth woulda hit if he had the 162 game season, and a thinner talent pool due to the expansion of the league?
    test
  7. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

We'll never know because he was too busy playing against the deep deep talented pool of white separatists in what can only be described as a field the size of most tract housing backyards...
    test
  8. Nam Dekan

Don't leave out the changes that MLB made to allow the long ball. I believe Ruth benefited greatly from pitchers adjusting to the changes. You can say that about any era of baseball so it's stupid to argue about. You can't realistically compare and argue the greatness between Pud Galvin and Greg Maddux. Sure they played the same sport but a completely different game.

Also your saying that one side of the fence benefited from the talent pool but ignore that other side more then likely benefited as well.

Now today we can even begin talking about the thinned talent pool again due to expansion and i'm not sure but weren't the rosters expanded at some point in history?
    test
  9. MyKe SeaN

Why aren't any bosnia players dominating in the NBA? Do you think that same Bosnian team could win the NBA finals? How many wins do you think Most of the international players who shine after the olympics and play in the NBA be some straight trash and you know it. Everybody can't be Dirk. Get the fuck outta here you phone girl stalker
    test
  10. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

lol @ this statement

you remind of them old white dudes talking bout rocky marciano would have beaten ali with your shit
    test
  11. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

they're not marketable enough. the NBA is a buisness, its not about the best talent its about ticket sales.
    test
  12. MyKe SeaN

^^Are you serious? Up until about 2 years ago, a lot of NBA teams were picking up these 7'1 european players who averaged under 10pts a game in the first round. The NBA aint Hip Hop. You make it like NBA teams be going for the player with the best "Look" rather than the best all around game on draft day. Get the fuck outta here!
    test
  13. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

ill rich stuns us with every post.

pitchers today are fucking ten times better then they were back the.

lol.

entire teams during the ruth era had combined batting averages over .320

guys had 175 RBI in much shorter seasons.

do the math.

if you think babe would be taken randy johnson out the park on a regular.

ha.

6'10 sidearm with movement.

people would have quit the sport
    test
  14. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

this nigga rich said and i quote "if anything he would have done better and im gay"
    test
  15. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

ill put it like this.

babe ruth used to pitch.........also

for his career he was 96-46 and his career era was 2.28 with 17 shutouts.

he was also top 5 for the solid years he pitched.

he even went 23-12 one season with an era of 1.75

pitchn didn't really arrive to baseball till the 40's.

sure there might have been some guy's with a serious fastball.
    but now.
    pitchers have a whole arsenal of offspeed pitches with movment.

its night and day.
    test
  16. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

bg u act like every pitcher is randy johnson

he's an elite pitcher, prolly a top 3 player

wtf

u forget the league is filled with scrubs who manage 2 be in the rotation with era's above 6

how many HRs barry hit off johnson?
    test
  17. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

i just looked it up

he hit 3 home runs off randy johnson

impressive
    test
  18. MyKe SeaN

^^Why are you hatin on Bonds? You jealous that you dont have his god given talent?
    test
  19. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

im not hatin on bonds

only thing i dislike about him is the fact he used roids which isnt a BIG deal but people act like he did all of this naturally

i like mark mcgwire (and sammy sosa), he used them as well, but everyone else agrees as well so he's not getting undue love... bonds is cuz everyones in denial

so we see mcgwire and bonds who had super seaons hitting 70 and 73 home runs but i think maris and ruth had a bigger achievement in hitting 60 and 61

in my mind aaron is the hr king because he was natural, he hit his hr off of genetics, skill, practice, without scientific aid...

bonds i can respect as a great home run hitter, one of the most dangerous ever but due to his roid issue i dont this his statistic accurately represents his talent level. i said before i dont think he would have passed mays without them. he could have but we'll never really know how much of a difference it made. point is he did it and kept it a secret because he knew he was trying 2 get an upper hand

barry holds the record, aaron is the REAL record holder, and ruth is the all time slugger (overall power and hitting stats)
    test
  20. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

lol.

srubs in MLB.

there is not one scrub.

not one.

they have A, AA, AAA.

those guys with 6run ERA that start would be the best pitchers in 1915

ruth was one of the best pitchers for 6 years.

I rest my case./
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.